carbon fiber spyderhawk

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

carbon fiber spyderhawk

Post by endgame »

sorry i ment superhawk but you cant edit tittles.just got my carbon fiber superhawk and it is amazing.why do they discontinue these knives for utility work in the resteraunt its just perfect.i destry boxes and plastic ties and whatever else i dont want to use my chef knives for.i love the superleaf but compaired to the superhawk just not as much.its just like a hawks talon.i love the other hawkblades but this is the king.a usuable civilian or matriarch.this was just one of those knives that should be a staple spyderco i guess it didnt sell well but with the compresion lock and everything else.perfect.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

It's a Superhawk. Spyderco has only ever made FRN Spyderhawks, and all of them have midlocks.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

The superhawk was another case of death by lack of sales. I have one as well. It is a great knife. It does fill the pocket up a little more than I like from a closed knife but the handle ergos make up for that a bit. Its also got a compression lock that makes it awesome. I hope they bring back another hawk billed compression locked knife.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
endgame

Post by endgame »

i no deacon when i went to edit the site does not let you edit titles.sorry
Donut

Post by Donut »

Usually to edit the title you:

1. Edit Post.
2. Advanced.
3. Look at the top for the title of your post/thread.
4. Change it.

I've seen on some forums where there is a setting for the maximum time they can change the title for.

As far as your topic goes, the street price on the Superhawk was around $200. Most people don't have an unlimited knife fun and pass on this type of knife.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
endgame

Post by endgame »

yea i guess it was to pricey for some i got mine real cheap i didnt no the msrp yet.if it was 140$ i bet it would have done allot better.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Awesome pickup! Nice knife but too big and too expensive for me
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Used my CF SuperHawk last night to open the package my new SB Endura came in :) . It worked quite well for that.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I wish they would bring back the Superhawk not only in Carbon Fiber but I would love to see a G-10 handled version of one as well. But on the same note I would like to see a SPYDERHAWK with either a G-10 or even a Micarta handle. Both models are excellent Hawkbills. The Spyderhawk had a great second run with the H-1 Salt Series>> it still baffles me as to why it never did very well when it was offered about 10 years ago in VG-10. I still have my VG-10 Spyderhawks but I pretty much only use the H-1 version because it would be much easier to replace if anything happened to it.

But I'm not going to stop there because I also believe that the smaller but very useful Hawkbill and that being the HARPY model would be so great with either a G-10 of CF handle. If people would ever give Hawkbill blades a chance as a companion folder to carry along with a conventional folder they would be mind blown as to how many jobs you can do with a Hawkbill.

Spyderco's Hawkbills are great utility blades and as far as I'm concerned there is no other knife company that even comes anywhere near the quality that Spyderco offers in their great models.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hey JD, could you post a pic of the three hawkbills you mentioned together? It would be great to compare them side by side. Thanks!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
dschur

Post by dschur »

One of the best knives I have is the "Carbon Fiber SuperLeaf" I cobbled together out of a frankenstein combinations of a CF SuperHawk and a SuperLeaf by doing a blade swap (Leaf blade into the CF body). I sure would love to see spyderco make this as a production blade, as I'm sure it would be a big success -sort of a super beefy Manix 2 CF:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... cale-swap)

I think it would have been a bigger success in the market, as the CF SuperHark was doomed by combining the market divisors of A.) Superleaf size- heavy duty use of 4mm blade, B.) Quite limiting SuperHawk blade shape of a hawkbill. C.) Premium of carbon fiber scales.

I think a CF premium SuperLeaf would have been a great sale. I'm pretty sure Sal knows how to build em ;)
My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10 :spyder:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Hey JD, could you post a pic of the three hawkbills you mentioned together? It would be great to compare them side by side. Thanks!
Sorry but I have no way of putting up pics at this time. My digital camera as well as some of my other stuff was looted a while back. But there are plenty of pics of all 3 models at various places on the internet. Being that the Harpy and Tasman are the only Hawkbills currently available on the main line up at this time it just makes sense to me for them to at least offer up the Harpy again in a G-10 handle and maybe even CF or Micarta as well. I would love to see the Tasman in either a Titanium or aircraft aluminum handle. Hopefully the big boys will return at some point>> in Sprint Runs if nothing else.

I wouldn't even be opposed to a jazzed up, high quality version of the Byrd Crossbill.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!