Original Waved Endura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jester2ll2

Original Waved Endura

Post by jester2ll2 »

Hey guys, I was going through a box, and came across a Endura that was the initial limited run from SelfDefenseGear.com awhile back, and I think I may look to part with it.

I've tried to find out any info I can from the internets, but get bogged down with results from all the current wave models.

Does anybody have any info on what they're selling for?

Here's a link I found to an article the Martialist did when they were released so you can see pics of it.

http://www.themartialist.com/pecom/wavedendura.htm

Thanks in advance guys!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Maybe put it on the 'bay with a low starting price? You'd probably be impressed what you get for it, the free market will give you a good idea on what it's worth these days (I suspect more than you think, one sees some crazy bids these days!).
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

The one in the article doesn't seem to have any different markings on it. How would it be different, and why would it be more worthwhile than having any other one? Like anything else it's worth whatever you can sell it for. The market will decide it's value if you put it on the big website. They weren't expensive new and I doubt they have gone up.

BTW, I didn't know Phil still had a website up. :) He's one of a kind fortunately. Low speed, high drag. :D

heh heh.....
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Maybe put it on the 'bay with a low starting price? You'd probably be impressed what you get for it, the free market will give you a good idea on what it's worth these days (I suspect more than you think, one sees some crazy bids these days!).
Possibly, but that would only happen if at least two Endura collectors who need that particular variant find the auction. Given the general beliefs that "lined is stronger than unlined" and "screws are better than rivets" I suspect that most folks wanting a waved Endura to carry will opt for the current waved Endura 4.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

I have not seen one of these in quite some time. Deacon is right, to the right person(s) it may sell very well in a bidding war. I had one of these but traded it away. I believe the Waved Endura 4's came out shortly after and I purchased one of them and still have it. I really like the waved models and EDC a waved Delica.