Paramilitary 2 problem CTS-204p sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buck Knives I Like

Paramilitary 2 problem CTS-204p sprint

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

This is going to be hard to explain so i'll probably post pictures later, but i haven't been using my paramilitary at all its pretty much a safe queen, today i decided to pick it up and use it a little and it is beautiful.

However upon closer inspection there are some what honestly look like chips or divots or something on the edge of the metal liner, one on the top and one on the bottom liner

It just looks like the liner literally has 2 tiny holes at the very edge of the liner, maybe 1.5mm big if that, im not good with measurements but they are pretty tiny, where the metal meets the g10, i can't imagine its supposed to be this way,

i rarely use it its the sprint run g10, so cosmetic issues matter more to me with my safe queens

this sort of makes me a little annoyed, seeing as how the knife is perfect and I have yet to cut a single piece of paper with it until today, it's pretty much my favorite spyderco. both the holes im talking about are like jagged in nature too, they arent round circles and they are on the side of the liner where the blade closes in, If anyone knows what i'm talking about, if its normal, or if spyderco would do something about this i'd appreciate it. I'm way past any return date for the knife so I know KW wouldn't help me, and i love it too much to let it go over a cosmetic issue.

When I first got this knife I didn't notice this at all, I gave it the once over, no blade play, perfect blade placement when closed, and then put it away pretty much until now.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

It sounds like you are referring to the start and stop areas where the water jet/laser cut out the liner.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Buck Knives I Like

Ferris Wheels wrote:It sounds like you are referring to the start and stop areas where the water yet/laser cut out the liner.
Maybe? but i have no clue.. That sounds pretty normal though, and my native 5 doesn't have anything like that, it's completely smooth around the edges of the liner.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:This is going to be hard to explain so i'll probably post pictures later, but i haven't been using my paramilitary at all its pretty much a safe queen, today i decided to pick it up and use it a little and it is beautiful.

However upon closer inspection there are some what honestly look like chips or divots or something on the edge of the metal liner, one on the top and one on the bottom liner

It just looks like the liner literally has 2 tiny holes at the very edge of the liner, maybe 1.5mm big if that, im not good with measurements but they are pretty tiny, where the metal meets the g10, i can't imagine its supposed to be this way,

i rarely use it its the sprint run g10, so cosmetic issues matter more to me with my safe queens

this sort of makes me a little annoyed, seeing as how the knife is perfect and I have yet to cut a single piece of paper with it until today, it's pretty much my favorite spyderco. both the holes im talking about are like jagged in nature too, they arent round circles and they are on the side of the liner where the blade closes in, If anyone knows what i'm talking about, if its normal, or if spyderco would do something about this i'd appreciate it. I'm way past any return date for the knife so I know KW wouldn't help me, and i love it too much to let it go over a cosmetic issue.

When I first got this knife I didn't notice this at all, I gave it the once over, no blade play, perfect blade placement when closed, and then put it away pretty much until now.
You got a bad one, it's no good and normally you should just throw it out. Lucky for you though, I'm actually compiling a collection of bad spydies because I have a grudge against the company. You can feel free to send it to me, and I will make sure it gets what it deserves. PM for address. ;)
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Do you mean like this? If so, it's perfectly normal and on all Para 2s.

:bug-red-white
Buck Knives I Like

kennethsime wrote:You got a bad one, it's no good and normally you should just throw it out. Lucky for you though, I'm actually compiling a collection of bad spydies because I have a grudge against the company. You can feel free to send it to me, and I will make sure it gets what it deserves. PM for address. ;)

Something tells me you're trying to trick me... :(
Buck Knives I Like

gbelleh wrote:Do you mean like this? If so, it's perfectly normal and on all Para 2s.

Haha that is it! what the heck is it? the start of the lasers like the original poster said? i'm surprised you got it without the pictures. This is the only para 2 i own so far, my para 1 didn't have a liner to compare it to.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

It's been discussed before, so I was pretty sure that's what you meant.
:bug-red-white
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:Something tells me you're trying to trick me... :(
Who me? :D
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
dman62

Post by dman62 »

All my Para 2's have the same thing. It's normal.
Buck Knives I Like

dman62 wrote:All my Para 2's have the same thing. It's normal.
So can anyone tell me what it is from? Just out of curiosity at this point, thanks to all. Very happy to understand now that it is not irregular.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Ferris Wheels wrote:It sounds like you are referring to the start and stop areas where the water yet/laser cut out the liner.
This!
Holland

Post by Holland »

+1
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

My para had it, your native doesn't have it because it was cut with wire edm
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:Something tells me you're trying to trick me... :(
Yes, he's a pure slimeball and he's trying to trick you. Don't send it to him.

Better send it to me instead.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

When I got my first para 2, I noticed a bit of side to side play. With the way it cut, I soon started to disregard the side to side. Also, I did not examine it with a microscope because it cut well enough for me.
Buck Knives I Like

chuck_roxas45 wrote:When I got my first para 2, I noticed a bit of side to side play. With the way it cut, I soon started to disregard the side to side. Also, I did not examine it with a microscope because it cut well enough for me.
That's funny, mine has no side to side play, rock solid. Anyway,

The thing is,

My mind can't help but seek perfection, and my definition of it.

There are more like me we exist everywhere.

I consider the trait a flaw within itself ironically.

I look at everything from knives, to quandaries, to people, to life, and much more with a " microscope. " I seek unrealistic perfection in everything, not just knives... and it can drive one more then mad. I don't mean keeping the tables clean, or my shoes tied, its actually quite the contrary... It's like an invisible madness, only I know.

Something imperfect to the rest may seem perfect to me, and more then usually, perfect to another would for some reason bother me, no matter what the object / thing was. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to make sense to me.

I don't question anothers madness, or ever try to correct it.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Deep!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

"Just listen to the waves and re-laxxxxx..."

Normal factory marks on the PM2s BTW, as others have said. Mine also has them... Cheers!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
nccole

Post by nccole »

Never noticed it on mine, but I would guess something slightly different. I would have guessed if I had noticed them myself that they were locating holes for jigs that are used to cut lots of scales at a time.