POTENTIALLY GOOD NEWS!! 2013 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5 - C41GPGR5

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Pinetreebbs wrote:My apology, I figured your post reflected the comments of this thread and others about the Forum knife. I agree with you. I paid MSRP for an original micarta scaled Shabaria from Country Knives and MSRP+ for older Spyderco knives I wanted to add to my collection.
OK, while we're there...I have bought several knives from Country Knives. One of the owners is a forum member here and they are long time friends of the Glessers. People who cast stones and much worse over pricing need to spend a little time looking at CK's prices. :rolleyes:
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

JNewell wrote:OK, while we're there...I have bought several knives from Country Knives. One of the owners is a forum member here and they are long time friends of the Glessers. People who cast stones and much worse over pricing need to spend a little time looking at CK's prices. :rolleyes:
??? I wasn't complaining about County, I was happy they had that knife and they had great service. It was several years old at that time. Just storing all those knives costs a lot of money. At one time I worked in a material supply engineering group that ran some warehouses. They charged a 29% overhead charge on all items to cover the costs of storage, buildings, electricity all costs money.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Pinetreebbs wrote:??? I wasn't complaining about County, I was happy they had that knife and they had great service. It was several years old at that time. Just storing all those knives costs a lot of money. At one time I worked in a material supply engineering group that ran some warehouses. They charged a 29% overhead charge on all items to cover the costs of storage, buildings, electricity all costs money.
Sorry, did not mean to seem to be pushing back at you! :spyder: Just commenting on a recent theme here :(
DJ

Post by DJ »

I like country knives .........not there prices , but Ive bought hard to find knives from them before.
It is what it is ...... if its a newly released knife , Iam definitely not gettin it from them because of there prices.
Steel Snob M-4
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

JNewell wrote:Sorry, did not mean to seem to be pushing back at you! :spyder: Just commenting on a recent theme here :(
It's all good. :D
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Buendia518 wrote:I'm curious if any of these have come through yet and whether folks will know before next week. Has anyone received any updates?
Fwiw, I'm quite sure I sent my email within the first hour of the post being up. Haven't heard anything, I might even have to pass if one gets offered because allocated money has gone elsewhere, most of it to spyderco :rolleyes:
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'm another satisfied customer of Country knives. They often have what no one else does. They are not particularly cheap, but they are knowledgeable and very nice people. When it's something you just have to have, there is a good chance they have one. The website can be a bit overwhelming though.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The Mastiff wrote:I'm another satisfied customer of Country knives. They often have what no one else does. They are not particularly cheap, but they are knowledgeable and very nice people. When it's something you just have to have, there is a good chance they have one. The website can be a bit overwhelming though.

Joe
Well and nicely said, Joe, as always!

John
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

w3tnz wrote:Fwiw, I'm quite sure I sent my email within the first hour of the post being up. Haven't heard anything, I might even have to pass if one gets offered because allocated money has gone elsewhere, most of it to spyderco :rolleyes:
I guess we will know for sure in about a week? The CF one makes a good consolation prize if we miss out on the greenie, assuming one can get/afford it.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

donutsrule wrote:I guess we will know for sure in about a week? The CF one makes a good consolation prize if we miss out on the greenie, assuming one can get/afford it.
You should check your private messages. :D
devine1

Post by devine1 »

Has anybody been contacted by SFO yet regarding extra Forum knives?
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

devine1 wrote:Has anybody been contacted by SFO yet regarding extra Forum knives?
Not I (though I'm probably not near the top of their list). Taking Shunsui up on his generous offer is looking like a pretty good decision right now. Thanks, Shunsui. :)
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

^^ De nada.

Check your messages. ;)
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

donutsrule wrote: Taking Shunsui up on his generous offer is looking like a pretty good decision right now. Thanks, Shunsui. :)
Hey only share if you brought enough for everyone!
Just kidding, it's good to see someone who's not flipping their Native on ebay. Something about all that profit absorbed by ebay and paypal bothers me.

I'm worried that I missed a phone call from SFO somewhere along the line. I forgot to consider that I often ignore calls from strange area codes...
JAYJAY

Post by JAYJAY »

been checking every day no email :(
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

I guess this is still the week of August 5th so something could still come through.
JAYJAY

Post by JAYJAY »

I hope I get the email I want this one bad
devine1

Post by devine1 »

Me too; I realized that I've ignored several calls from Colorado area on caller ID. I'd hate to know that I ignored SFO and my last chance to own a Forum knife!
paisa777

Post by paisa777 »

I've only received an email from them stating I got added to the waiting list, that's all.
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

paisa777 wrote:I've only received an email from them stating I got added to the waiting list, that's all.
Hmm I never got one of those emails. Was it a quick response after you emailed them?