Forum Knife Questions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manix Guy 2

Forum Knife Questions

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Hello everyone ! How many Forum Knives were made ? How long did the sale of these knives last ? Sorry if I have missed this info in previous threads . Regards MG2
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Speculation is 500 or so, I believe they sold out in about an hour.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

It was more like 3 hours until they sold out.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Thanks for taking the time guys ! Regards MG2
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:It was more like 3 hours until they sold out.
Really? I seem to recall people posting they were gone after about an hour.
~David
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

I was watching extremely closely, as were the guys in the sharpthings chat, and it was definitely well beyond an hour. I was sitting on the checkout screen, deciding whether to pull the trigger or not, when they sold out, so I've got a pretty good idea of when it happened - it was between the time I added the knives to my cart and when I tried to buy.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'd say they sold out in 2.5 hrs and they made about 600 or so. People were reporting quantities of over 500 at the beginning.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I've heard numbers ranging from 300 to 700, but Ihave no idea how many were actually made. As for how long they took to sell out, judging by posts in the "go live" announcement thread, I'd say they lasted about 3.5 hours but probably would have sold out sooner if not for the server issues in the first hour.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

That first 15 minutes were so stressful lol. I know I was one of the first people to click submit order, as I had all my credit card info and such copied to my clipboard and sat on the new product page AND on a page searching for C41 and refreshed both until it popped up, but I got the error message the first try and then every other try for about 50 tries or so. I felt better once I saw other people posting the same error message, but I was losing hope pretty fast lol.
~David
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I had my order through by about 9:02 with no errors and no problems at all. It sure got crazy after that though.
:bug-red-white
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

gbelleh wrote:I had my order through by about 9:02 with no errors and no problems at all. It sure got crazy after that though.
Yes, it did. I started at about 9:15 MDT, after getting the zip-state error for half an hour I quit, took Bear for a nice calming walk around the neighborhood, tried again when we got home and the order finally went through.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

We're waiting on a final count, but the total number is somewhere between 750 and 800. With all things considered, it was sold out in roughly 3 hours.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thanks Kristi!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
NinjaRyder0920

Post by NinjaRyder0920 »

Thanks Kristi! Great job producing and handling the sale of this one. +1 for Spyderco's customer service/support.
DJ

Post by DJ »

We're waiting on a final count, but the total number is somewhere between 750 and 800.
That obviously wasnt enough ....LOL,LOL
Will you try to fill your name list at Spyderco.com ?
I know they were all gone at 11:15 PST
Steel Snob M-4
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

That's more than I expected.
:bug-red-white
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

TazKristi wrote:We're waiting on a final count, but the total number is somewhere between 750 and 800. With all things considered, it was sold out in roughly 3 hours.
Thanks for the info, Kristi. So....is this officially the fastest selling knife in Spyderco history now?
WMR

Post by WMR »

I have to wonder why they would release the Forum knife and the new Mule Team 17 at the same time. Also, would they do it that way again after the early problems this time? I ordered my mules about 3 1/2 hours after 9:00 Mountain time and had no problem. But it looks like it still has not shipped. I don't care as I am in no hurry, but since the Mules are not sold out as of this time, was that something they want to try again?
Clip

Post by Clip »

WMR, I think it made it easier to combine shipping, both for Spyderco and the customers.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Clip wrote:WMR, I think it made it easier to combine shipping, both for Spyderco and the customers.
Exactly. I bought both and got free shipping. If I'd purchased one Mule by itself, I would have had to pay shipping. I say thank you, Spyderco!