Dragonfly Suggestions Poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What changes would you like to see on a new Dragonfly model?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:33 pm

Round over thumb ramp crest ( ala Caly 3 )
17%
No swedge on blade spine
6%
New premium steel choice
31%
New scale material
47%

Total votes: 90

Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

Mutt wrote:I want to see the df sized UP! to about the size of the native. the current model is to small and clumsy in my big hands and i own the green g10 model which is thicker and larger than the other variants.
I love the idea of sizing it up to a 3 inch blade (or they could make a lockback ukpk/frn caly 3). While they're at it they should shrink a delica down to dragonfly size too. I'd buy all of these.
yuldeli

Post by yuldeli »

The wire clip is my favourite style of clip. I only wish is that the Dfly carried deeper like the Sage series
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

Loved the Manix2 that Spyderco did for Stag Arms and would love to see a Dragonfly variant in the same material configuration ( i.e., S30V, DLC blade finish, FFG, Dark Blue-Green G10 or FRN)
paulderrick

Post by paulderrick »

I'd like to see a CF scale version. I have a CF Chaparral and love it - a Dragonfly to match would be perfect.
mattman

Post by mattman »

paulderrick wrote:I'd like to see a CF scale version. I have a CF Chaparral and love it - a Dragonfly to match would be perfect.
there was a CF version....

according to spydiewiki, late '90's production, ATS-55 steel...
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The Dfly is an amazing little big knife and a standard in my EDC roundup! I would love to see these three versions:
1. Black G10 with black DLC blade (I bet Spyderco would not be able to keep up with demand for this one)
2. A new CF version, any steel (VG-10 or super steel?) - peel ply or fluted CF would be great
3. Purple FRN version to match current offerings in Delica/Endura line (it's the color of my wife's Spydies)
(Some higher-end options, plus continuing with their affordable offerings...)