Spyderco Site Update - Issues w/Forum Knife and/or MT17P Orders

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I was trying with both FireFox and Chrome, kept getting the error with both. It looks to me like the shopping cart is tied to the account (I don't know how long it would keep items in your cart after you log out though). I added the knives initially in Firefox, later tried with Chrome and once I logged into my account it showed I already had the knives in my cart. But I got the same error in Chrome.

Eventually I got through though. Thanks Kristi, I know it's difficult to deal with these kinds of errors, it happens though. Glad your team was able to get right on it, and hope other folks are able to get their orders in too!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:Desperate times call for desperate measures. I had to talk dirty to my browser before it would go through LOL.
I didn't talk dirty, but I would have needed my mouth washing out if my dear mother had been here in my office with me. I knew this was going to happen.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

Dont wanna hijack this thread but I wanted to know how this steel will compare to the PM2 cts-204p?

You can email or message me so this thread doesnt get sidetracked....thanks! :)
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

sir_mike wrote:Dont eanna hijack this thread but I wanted to know how this steel will compare to the PM2 cts-204p?

You can email or message me so this thread doesnt get sidetracked....thanks! :)

204P won't even be close to K390....
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

Ankerson wrote:204P won't even be close to K390....
Crap, I must have been so excited on getting the Native and Mule ordered that I posted the question in the wrong spot. I wanted to compare the s110v to the cts-204p? Sorry! :D
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

sir_mike wrote:Crap, I must have been so excited on getting the Native and Mule ordered that I posted the question in the wrong spot. I wanted to compare the s110v to the cts-204p? Sorry! :D
s110v is in the same class kinda as k390, k294, 10v.. someone correct me if im wrong. ankerson SHOULD have to create a new level for his testing ;)
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

I can't believe this had to be posted about angry people. Be happy these are even being offered.
Shame on anyone that directed anger at Kristi or anyone else at the SFO over this. They are good folks and can't help it if the system got overloaded due to heavy traffic. I felt bad calling to take up her time when I was having a problem ordering when she explained what was going on. I just tried checking out every few minutes until my order went through. Really not that big of a deal.
Recent :spyder: Additions: Stretch CF ZDP, Caly 3 Super Blue, Gayle Bradley, PM2 M390, PM2 CTS-XHP, Cat CF, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, MT17, Native 5 S110V
In the Crosshairs: Stretch Super Blue, Manix 2 S90V
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

xceptnl wrote:There's your problem. I don't think licking helps. j/k ;)
Fat fingers don't work well w/ tiny virtual keyboards!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Orangeneck wrote:Fat fingers don't work well w/ tiny virtual keyboards!
Agreed and I don't even have big hands. I have a Droid 4 specifically because I have a virtual and an illuminated physical keyboard. It's gonna be hard to let that go one of these days.
*Landon*
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

It took me almost an hour but my order did go through on safari on the iMac. I quit trying to place an order on the iPad after that. Yeah, I had both devices going and was about to get the iPhone online too. did I mention that the native is my fav spydie?
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Eventually got my order in online, using firefox. Frustrating, but no reason at all to get mad at anyone. It was obviously a server error somewhere. In any case, I saw it as a test of my motivation to obtain these knives (got 1 of each) :)
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Popsickle wrote:I can't believe this had to be posted about angry people. Be happy these are even being offered.
Sad really.
On the hunt for...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Sad really.
+1
amar

Post by amar »

Hmmm... I can understand the frustration especially since about 15 mins into the sale, the site started acting funny. However, it does not justify anger at the SFO crew. My order did not go through until about 45 mins into the sale window and I had decided to give up, but magic happened and I could place order.
balew6254

Thanks Spyderco!

Post by balew6254 »

A big thanks to Kristi and the rest of the Spyderco crew for finding and resolving the issue. I am disappointed to hear that some of use ordering would verbally abuse those who were answering the phone. Grow up guys, there is really no need to abuse customer service folks at Spyderco. They are a small company that is first class and has the best customer service in the business.

Thank you Spyderco for getting back to me in a timely manner after my call and getting my order placed. :o

Bruce
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

balew6254 wrote:...They are a small company that is first class and has the best customer service in the business.
+1
Thanks to Sal, Eric, Gail, Kristi and the whole Spyder crew for this terrific knife to commemorate this forum. In my short years here I am constantly blow away by the service that Spyderco provides, the Quality of it's products and the integrity that is shown by it's employees. This knife means alot to me because it reminds me of the second family I have come to appreciate and respect here.
*Landon*
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Kristi - I hope you are the crew will enjoy a nice quiet evening after the hoopla dies down. Thanks for your hard work! A great many of us appreciate your dedication.

TedP
Ken44

Post by Ken44 »

Thanks Kristi.
It wasn't Spyderco's fault, and I think most all know that and understand.

I had to leave after trying for 25 minutes because I had a Dr appointment.
I'm not upset in the least because I don't feel missing a knife is really worth getting upset over.
Spyderco will make many cool knives I'll want soon enough.
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

I was worried about the site crashing much more than I was about the knives selling out. The crash was very much to be expected. Not something to be upset about. I felt more empathetic towards Spyderco than anything else.

Major retailers websites crash too on flash-sale events. Its normal.
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

i can understand getting frustrated at the situation. Heck i got frustrated too. The only thing i yelled at was my computer monitor; it gets the abuse of my frequent outbursts . :) To get angry at the Spyderco employees, however, is just silly and uncalled for. I would be willing to bet that the folks that answer the phone at Spyderco have zero influence on the servers.

JD