How many Forum Natives did you get?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How many did you buy

55%
45%

Total votes: 146

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

dgebler wrote:Thanks for the welcome Xceptnl...another spyderco fan here from Virginia, although I am a long way from moonshine country here in Norfolk.
Not sure what draws me to the company more, the outstanding knives or the people.
I have grown to love my fellow knife bretheren here so much.... the knives have just become the perk.

I was in Chesapeake last week visiting friends. Nice place, but I don't think I could get used to the traffic.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Clip

Post by Clip »

dgebler wrote:Thanks for the welcome Xceptnl...another spyderco fan here from Virginia, although I am a long way from moonshine country here in Norfolk.
Not sure what draws me to the company more, the outstanding knives or the people.
Welcome from southwest Va here too! I've got a friend in Va Beach who is quickly becoming a Spyderco convert as well.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Clip

Post by Clip »

Three and a hall hours and this thread accounts for 92 :)

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Clip wrote:Three and a hall hours and this thread accounts for 92 :)
This excludes members whom haven't posted on this thread yet as well as the numerous non-members that monitor these forums and surely snagged a large percentage of the first available lot.
*Landon*
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

I had one in my cart, deciding whether to order or not, and when I finally typed in my credit card info, it said that my cart was empty, and they were sold out by then. Oh well, guess I'm waiting for the CF version ;)
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:I had one in my cart, deciding whether to order or not, and when I finally typed in my credit card info, it said that my cart was empty, and they were sold out by then. Oh well, guess I'm waiting for the CF version ;)
We all think you secretly sabotaged yourself since you really wanted the CF version anyway
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am all set now, even got my first mule.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Where's the option for 0, I can't be the only one who missed out... this whole thing just played out like a flippers wet dream. Disappointed in the whole process really, but enjoy your knive(s) guys.
brightb

Post by brightb »

Ordered two, one for myself and one for a friend to save on shipping. I got them 7 min into the sale :)

Bill
GronK

Post by GronK »

Two. One for the safe and one for the pocket.
Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
Ken44

Post by Ken44 »

Thread needs a Zero option :( :p

I tried for 30 min, but I never got through before having to leave.
No biggie though, and congrats to those that got one.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:I am all set now, even got my first mule.
Congrats on the mule Roman!
*Landon*
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

0 for me.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
Clip

Post by Clip »

They came available when my computer clock read 10:59, took me about 5 minutes and a lot of impatiently watching the browser chew on my requests.

Chris
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

I think there needs to be two zero options. One for those who wanted one but didn't manage to get one, and one for those like me who couldn't justify the price of one or just didn't want one.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

w3tnz wrote:Where's the option for 0, I can't be the only one who missed out... this whole thing just played out like a flippers wet dream. Disappointed in the whole process really, but enjoy your knive(s) guys.
You should try to call and order one. They might not enter in the entire stock on the web for phone orders/defect replacement/etc.

JD
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Missed this one. Did not expect it to go out of stock that quickly. Ah well, it happens.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Clip

Post by Clip »

Minibear453 wrote:I think there needs to be two zero options. One for those who wanted one but didn't manage to get one, and one for those like me who couldn't justify the price of one or just didn't want one.
I'll leave that poll for someone else to create, as this was just my attempt to (very roughly) gauge how many went to the forum members on here. I have a feeling the poll results will rise slowly over the next week as other active members browse and hopefully see this thread.

Chris
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

...my order finally went through around 12:05 EST. It was a frustrating situation trying to purchase through the website with the heavy volume but I'd like to thank the SpyderCrew for continuing to work on the problem.
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Well xceptnl, clip you are right that it never ends. Still buzzing from my native and mule score, I popped on the pre-order for the cruwear military...waiting game again and I just got my tracking number for these two. Better do something nice for the wife tonight...