What Knife / Knives would you like to see from Spyderco iether discontinued or new ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

gbelleh wrote:I'd just like an exact copy of the original Lil Temp, but in navy blue or something similar.

I've never been able to get ahold of an original.
I can't imagine why not, there's one on the over-sized auction site right now with a starting bid of only $325 + $13 S&H :rolleyes: (Joking of course)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Since they made a sprint run of the Goddard, I was thinking what a great knife this would be in H1 and yellow FRN handles...
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Raylas

Post by Raylas »

I'd like to see..... The Navaja in blue nishijin or gold line CF with a back lock. Yeah, that'd be GORGEOUS.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

My wish list :
"S" with a solid blade and scales - any material other than aluminium
Centofante 3 with polished G10 and no logo in the scale
This isn't going to happen but to me the Dejavoo looks more like a Spyderco than a Benchmade and may have made it in the Spyderco line up
Caly 3 with a liner lock
Tenacious with a steel upgrade
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Szabo black blade with Toxic Green scales :) though the Cubic Check carbon fiber gives it a nice snaky, reptilian, probably even more wicked look. Finally a knife that's illegal even where I live, on the books at least -- never heard of it being enforced.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
knolan

Post by knolan »

Specifically...(1) More small'ish (3" or less) beefy Ti framelock collabs w/custom knife makers utilizing superior steels like the Techno. My dream grail would be a Michael Burch collab of one of his small folders like the Midtech Dao, etc. only more affordable, like $150/180 street price, and ACTUALLY available for purchase somewhere and w/Spyderco's warranty w/o secondary market, four figure rip-off prices so common with sought after custom knives...

..and (2), a 3" or smaller Domino.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

dialex wrote:Since they made a sprint run of the Goddard, I was thinking what a great knife this would be in H1 and yellow FRN handles...
I wouldn't mind seeing this one as well although I think it would probably be too close to the Pacific Salt in dimension.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
DrewHaynes

Post by DrewHaynes »

Lum tanto :( Wish I had one...
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

DrewHaynes - you didn't specify whether you wanted the fixed blade Lum Tanto, or the folder... there was a recent sprint of the fixed blade in Burgundy paperstone. Several sellers seem to have them in stock.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
jeru

Post by jeru »

Most important: please more knives with a Reeve Integral Lock and stand-offs (instead of backspacers) and a four-way swappable pocket-clip!!

Further:
- more knives with CPM 3V and Böhler M390;
- bigger and stronger screws! (Because, man, those screws in those Millies are weak!)
- and no more hollow grinds :)

And specifically:
- a Para 2 with a RIL;
- a Spyderco Terzuola with a RIL and stand-offs;
- a Spyderco Jason Stout with a RIL and stand-offs;
- a Spyderco Jake Hoback with a RIL and stand-offs;
- and my grail would be a Military with a full flat ground, 3mm thin, 4" long Santoku-like modified sheepsfoot blade with reinforced tip from a stainless steel with the highest toughness as possible with Tungsten DLC coating, phosphor bronze washers, a Ti Reeve Integral Lock and stand-offs :)

All with a four-way swappable pocket-clip. Because, unfortunately, I am one of the few knife nuts who cannot carry a folder tip-up... (Until now, the Millie has been my favorite folder and EDC of all time.)

Steels I prefer are 3V, S30V, CTS-XHP, ELMAX and M390.

And on a last note: I don't need a bearing pivot-system on my folder. I like low-maintenance. Especially "hard-use folders" shouldn't come with a ball-bearing pivot-system in my humble opinion. If you work in the desert, muddy or dusty environments or around a lot of abrasives, I think a bearing pivot-system is a disadvantage...
nwjavahead

Post by nwjavahead »

Ti ParaMiltary2, and, 'FullSize' Jester (Ti or G10)
My :spyder:'s; Centofante3, FRN Delica (Black), FRN DragonFly2 (Black), G10 DragonFly (2x, Foliage Green!), FRN Endura4 (Black), FRN Streach2 (Black), FRN Native4 (Black), G10 Native5, G10 Manix2 (BlackedOut), G10 Manix2XL (BlackedOut), FRN ManBug, G10 ManBug (Bolsterd, Grey), FRN LadyBug (3x, SE), G10 Jester (Grey), G10 Military (BlackedOut), G10 ParaMilitary2 (2x BlackedOut), Sage 1, Sage2, Sage3, Leafstorm...

Continuing the quest for a Ti ParaMiltary2, and, 'FullSize' Jester (Ti or G10)...
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Dear Spyderco, bring back the old good Manix C95 with lockback ... just that! :)
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
JR in CT

Post by JR in CT »

The Deacon wrote:...
One more, a revised C83 Schempp Persian. Bolstered, like the original, but with a full flat ground blade like the Persian 2 only with a 14mm Spyderhole and with no Boye dent in the lockbar.
Similar but the 75mm version of the above. Or ideally, both.

Jess Horn (Spyderhole version), Micarta scales, ZDP-189, and reversible clip. <<My most wanted dream Spyderco.
[CENTER]:spyder: Far too many to list here.:spyder:
My gateway Spyderco was a used 440V Native PE.
Left carry, right handed.
[/CENTER]
jeru

Post by jeru »

Would also like to see a bigger PPT with 3.5" blade with G10 handle on one side and a Ti R.I.L. on the other (instead of those ridiculous thick heavy liners).
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd like to see a good hawk bill in PE.

I think the only one in the current catalog is the Tasman Salt, although I was able to find a sprint run Matriarch from 2010.
American1911

Post by American1911 »

Spyderco Gayle Bradley in CPM Rex 121 with an HRC of 70.
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Bring back the TOAD!!!! (In S110V with Lime Green G-10)

You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I would like to see a 3.75" blade like the Starmate in a handle constructed like the Military, and priced like the Military.
Cheygriz

Post by Cheygriz »

American1911 wrote:Spyderco Gayle Bradley in CPM Rex 121 with an HRC of 70.
AMEN! And again, AMEN. :D

I'll take TWO! :) :)
mule skinner

Post by mule skinner »

The original chinook