2013 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5 - C41GPGR5 - RELEASE INFO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

if my conversion was right, there might be a couple left when I wake up, or ill set an alarm early haha
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Thank you!
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

griff443 wrote:Is the knife restricted to forum members only?

Looks great by the way. And from what I understand about that steel this is an excellent price for the knife.
I think it was supposed to be, but I can see all of the ordering info without logging in, so my guess is that it is now open to anyone.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Thread info posted the same day I had to wipe out my savings plus advance some of my next paycheck on my Air conditioner heat pump fan plus puron fill. :) It could be much worse though. I could still be without air conditioning. :)

This weekend almost did poor Finny in. :( He really did get sick.

By 0700 hrs it only got down to 83 degrees in my house with every window open and fans running. It was 90% humidity too, with no breeze. Doesn't sound as bad as it really felt in here. I'd take AC over the knife every time. :D

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Mastiff wrote:Thread info posted the same day I had to wipe out my savings plus advance some of my next paycheck on my Air conditioner heat pump fan plus puron fill. :) It could be much worse though. I could still be without air conditioning. :)

This weekend almost did poor Finny in. :( He really did get sick.

By 0700 hrs it only got down to 83 degrees in my house with every window open and fans running. It was 90% humidity too, with no breeze. Doesn't sound as bad as it really felt in here. I'd take AC over the knife every time. :D

Joe
Man screw all that I'll sit naked in a kiddie pool of ice water while I'm ordering if I have to lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

Great news, thanks Spyder crew! :)
I'm excited to finally try the Native and S110V. :cool:
[table="width: 1100, align: left"]
[tr]
[td][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/td]
[td]Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly
[HR][/HR]:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
-Brandon

[/td]

[/tr]
[/table]
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:Man screw all that I'll sit naked in a kiddie pool of ice water while I'm ordering if I have to lol.
Thanks for the visual David. :eek:
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Great news, thanks Sal! My only question lies in the two per person limit...I completely understand the thought process to allow serious Spyderco fans to keep one in the collection and have one for a user, but this cuts the number of lucky folks who get the knife significantly. Now, I am very grateful to Sal and the company for paying attention to the customer and offering such a great deal on a truly exciting product, and will make sure to be lined up and ready to purchase on the release date, but I am really on the fence about getting two. On one hand I do want them very badly, but I also know the feeling of being left out of a sprint run and I am not sure if the joy of having two can surpass the unfortunate ones who miss out. Just my opinion, and all said and done I will probably order two if I can and share with one of my close friends who is less internet savy...Anyway, thanks again Sal and the crew at Spyderco, can't wait to get this in my hands along with Mule #17. With this kind of customer appreciation it is easy to see how Spyderco has gained such a great reputation.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

dgebler wrote:Great news, thanks Sal! My only question lies in the two per person limit...I completely understand the thought process to allow serious Spyderco fans to keep one in the collection and have one for a user, but this cuts the number of lucky folks who get the knife significantly. Now, I am very grateful to Sal and the company for paying attention to the customer and offering such a great deal on a truly exciting product, and will make sure to be lined up and ready to purchase on the release date, but I am really on the fence about getting two. On one hand I do want them very badly, but I also know the feeling of being left out of a sprint run and I am not sure if the joy of having two can surpass the unfortunate ones who miss out. Just my opinion, and all said and done I will probably order two if I can and share with one of my close friends who is less internet savy...Anyway, thanks again Sal and the crew at Spyderco, can't wait to get this in my hands along with Mule #17. With this kind of customer appreciation it is easy to see how Spyderco has gained such a great reputation.
While I do see your point about buying two, I think there's a few of us who are buying two with the intention of reselling to other forum members who have difficulties getting one (like outside the country or miss the chance) or even gifting them away.
~David
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Thanks for another great forum knife! I'll certainly do my best to order one.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

ZL1 wrote:Who else had to google conversion for MDT :p
+1 here... will be 17:00 local time. Can't wait...

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
setldown

Post by setldown »

Thanks to all at Spyderco for making this happen.
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

razorsharp wrote:if my conversion was right, there might be a couple left when I wake up, or ill set an alarm early haha
just do not go to bed and be the first :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Need my beauty sleep bh49 :D
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Russde, Capt'n Boatsalot, Griff, Balew, & Dgebler,

Welcome to our forum.

I guess it's about time we finished this model. I will say it did present a few challenges.

Dgebler,

We found that a 2 limit seemed to work the best. It reduced the number that might buy 10 or more for resale. It also permits one person to grab one for another, as mentioned. Also, we never know if the demand is large enough to take them all. Sometimes we have to raise the limit if we're left with inventory.

sal
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

Very excited about this one. Native 5 is my favorite model! Thanks, Sal and co., for putting this together.
In chronological order:
Paramilitary 2, BD30P Manix 2, Delica 4, M390 Mule, XHP Military, Dragonfly 2, Woodcraft Mule, ZDP-189 Manbug, Cruwear Mule, Superleaf, Forum Native 5, Manix 2 XL, Endura 4
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

sal wrote:I guess it's about time we finished this model.
Good things come to those who wait!
sal wrote:I will say it did present a few challenges.
Like heat treat and grinding? ;)

Ken
玉鋼
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Alarm on my iphone already set. 8am Pacific time.

Two forums and two mules. Then back to sleep to dream about them ;)
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

sal wrote:...I will say it did present a few challenges.

sal
kbuzbee wrote:Like heat treat and grinding? ;)

Ken
I too have wondered what kind of toll the S110V and K390 have taken on both man and machine to get the forum knife and the mules made. I just want to send a big thanks to Sal, Kristi and the rest of the Spyderco crew for rising up to meet these challenges and giving us the opportunity get these great knives.

Thanks y'all! :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal wrote:Hi Russde, Capt'n Boatsalot, Griff, Balew, & Dgebler,

Welcome to our forum.

I guess it's about time we finished this model. I will say it did present a few challenges.

Dgebler,

We found that a 2 limit seemed to work the best. It reduced the number that might buy 10 or more for resale. It also permits one person to grab one for another, as mentioned. Also, we never know if the demand is large enough to take them all. Sometimes we have to raise the limit if we're left with inventory.

sal
Care to share what those challenges were? I'm sure we would all appreciate the knife even more if we knew how difficult it was to make.
~David