2013 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5 - C41GPGR5 - RELEASE INFO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
buddy54ck

Lucky ME !!!

Post by buddy54ck »

Hi All,
A Special Thanks to Sal,
I imagine that the Forum knives can be very taxing to the whole Organisation, and especially You, and I appreciate every bead of sweat, frustration, and anguish that goes with delivering this very special Blade, and also thanks for the really great steel choice, which makes it even more special! I just wanted to say, that we Spyderco Lovers really do appreciate all of Your efforts, which is why we remain LOYAL!!! THANKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH !!! I feel the Native was a great choice being made in Golden CO. USA, and I personally love the color, "OUTSTANDING JOB !!! WELL DONE !!! AND A SINCERE THANK YOU SAL AND COMPANY !!! "
I ordered my two, I called the 800-828-1925 # and don't forget the "Forum 2013" discount code.
Thanks Kristy for Taking my order, and especially thanks to the whole SPYDERCO Crew for the discount, the extra effort and for just making this happen! I Love My Spyderco's!!!
Sincerely,
Charlie / buddy54ck online
A Dedicated Collector
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I got through and ordered! Yay!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm shocked the one on eBay hasn't sold yet...at $125 with no reserve, that's cheaper than they're selling for out of SFO, at least if you can score it for that price.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

181 left @ 9:35 MTN Time
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Things must be slowing down. Only dropped to 181 since the last quantity update.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

Evil D wrote:Who else spurged for overnight shipping? :D
Only thing I'll splurge on overnight for is a vital organ.
In chronological order:
Paramilitary 2, BD30P Manix 2, Delica 4, M390 Mule, XHP Military, Dragonfly 2, Woodcraft Mule, ZDP-189 Manbug, Cruwear Mule, Superleaf, Forum Native 5, Manix 2 XL, Endura 4
MCM

Post by MCM »

Ferris Wheels wrote:Things must be slowing down. Only dropped to 181 since the last quantity update.
SITE IS CRASHED.
cant believe I missed this...........
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Kristi posted elsewhere that so many are checking quantity it is keeping orders from being placed.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

To all checking the quantity (I'm guilty of this as well), Kristi posted in another thread that this is contributing to the server overload.

EDIT: Looks like I was posting the same time as Sequimite.
In chronological order:
Paramilitary 2, BD30P Manix 2, Delica 4, M390 Mule, XHP Military, Dragonfly 2, Woodcraft Mule, ZDP-189 Manbug, Cruwear Mule, Superleaf, Forum Native 5, Manix 2 XL, Endura 4
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah guys stop checking for the quantity. Kristi said the full amount isn't even entered in so there may well be more than 500. Checking for the qty is jacking up the server.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

tonydahose wrote:I have done IL ILL and ILLINOIS none worked...i kept calling and I finally got someone and I am on hold...the guy said there are alot of calls ahead of you but stay on hold and we will get to you...I think that is my only chance here. I have tried in 2 different browsers and nothing is working.
I did all of this as well. I anticipated a meltdown and am disappointed to have been right on this one. Hopefully it works out.
Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

I gave up and just called my order in. UPS Ground Shipping for my qty. 1 order. I hope that you guys are able to get in on this.
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Which is ironic. We're all checking to see how fast they're going but we're slowing them down :rolleyes:
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

I got thru on the phone and got my order placed. just call the number, hit 4 and if you get a msg saying they missed your call hang up and repeat. Dont bother hitting 0 for the operator, she will just transfer you back and it wastes her time and hanging up is quicker
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
flarp

Post by flarp »

Mutt wrote:ok I'm still getting messed with and can't get through. I know my own zip code even if your server doesn't. TazKristi you need a new IT guy
Evil D wrote:The message is just some random generated one because of server overload. I don't think it really has anything to do with the state/zip being wrong. I never did change mine and it eventually went through.
It looks like that error may be from Google. The online store may be issuing a query to Google Maps API to do the zip code and state lookup, and that is getting throttled. Per Google (link), they throttle to 10 requests per second.
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

Great, now you can't even get through on the phone. I have the knives i want in my cart but i don't want to release them for fear of not being able to get them again. I left voicemail at the store wonder if I'll ever hear back from them?
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

On Hold...YESSS...I hope.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

It's frustrating but try and keep cool and stay civil all - it's hard to do but it's the right thing.
1965ford

Post by 1965ford »

How long can you keep an item in the cart? I might just sit on it for a while and let things calm down so that I can get it the transaction done, but I don't want to loose it by waiting.

nevermind.... I got through!!!! my wife is going to kill me with it for sure.
RobC2

Post by RobC2 »

Aggravating, 48 minutes at it now with no luck.