2013 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5 - C41GPGR5 - RELEASE INFO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

Popsickle wrote:wow touchy touchy lol. I was talking about everyone. and now ill talk about you...... I think your attitude sucks. they released an awesome knife and people want to critique it.
Yea most fanboys don't like realists. "How dare you critique, they can do no wrong, blah blah", I've heard it all. Enjoy your knives :D
GronK

Post by GronK »

It would appear that nearly everyone of us who started at the appointed time and didn't give up when things went sideways on the site ended up with our order being accepted. The "lesson" to be learned is to organize one's time to make this scenario possible. If you want it bad enough to complain then you want it bad enough to miss work, take vacation time or whatever else is necessary to get your order in.
Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
DJ

Post by DJ »

:rolleyes:
Steel Snob M-4
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Miss work? Nope, I just logged in from work & banged away until it was done. What's the worst they can do, fire me? Please, go ahead & make my day (please don't throw me in the briar patch!).

Seriously, lesson to be learned here is to keep after it, be patient and keep a clean attitude. Since the company is small, the budget for a large web service would be prohibitive. Next time we'll have to expect a similar scenario and just keep plugging away at it.
angusW

Post by angusW »

I have to say that with this release there isn't a fraction of the bad blood and poor attitudes like the 2009 forum knife. It's good to see the people who didn't get one this time not complain. Good job all around.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

salimoneus wrote:Yea most fanboys don't like realists. "How dare you critique, they can do no wrong, blah blah", I've heard it all. Enjoy your knives :D
taking a small part of my response and then quoting it out of context doesn't make you any better ;) . my entire response to you also touched on the fact that I believe spyderco will fix whatever issues they had with the release. Ill be sure not to feed the troll next time haha.

one thing you can't quote me on is exactly what your calling me out for..... I never said they can't do wrong. My main message was to quit *****ing and be happy ;)

A realist is someone who is inclined to literal truth and pragmatism. You were complaining about the events of the release. A true realist would see that in the future such things will be fixed...... but then again people like you will always find something to complain about
DunninLA

Post by DunninLA »

David Lowry wrote:Cannot believe they are gone. This is garbage.
I think precisely because they're *not* garbage that they sold out in 90 minutes. That's what you meant, right? :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

angusW wrote:I have to say that with this release there isn't a fraction of the bad blood and poor attitudes like the 2009 forum knife. It's good to see the people who didn't get one this time not complain. Good job all around.
Stay tuned, looks like people are working on it. We have at least one mindless, mean-spirited hater here who seems determined to make a sow's ear out of a silk purse.
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

more picsssss!
If the overnighters got their knives today?
russde

Post by russde »

It wasn't a perfect situation...but I let Spyderco know via my e-mail interactions that they are appreciated and I surely hope that the folks (only a few, to be sure) don't make the event so unpleasant that Sal & co. decide these forum knives are more trouble than they are worth. There can't be a huge profit in these to begin with.
Patiently waiting for shipping notice on mine,
Russel
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

When you consider the feeding frenzies and the bitterly hard feelings that several recent knives have triggered, you really wonder whether it's worth the bother for Spyderco and/or the dealers. :o
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I think the increased tensions and the frantic feeding frenzy were caused by the heightened performance of this model. I am fairly sure the 2013 forum Native would not have sold as fast if it had been VG-10 (not that I don't love VG-10) with a plain g-10 handle. This forum knife represents a huge leap in the cutting edge (pun intended) performance of the concept. Previous models were most all the same steel as their production counterparts if I am recalling correctly. It's like a limited production (car, truck, motorcycle, etc.) vehicle that is available in an exclusive color and comes with twice the power for only 20% more money. They will sell out quickly and feeling could get hurt because some will make it happen at all costs. Personally I am glad Spyderco went through all the fuss for us.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Wow still arguing over this :rolleyes:

Imagine if for the next forum knife Spyderco did a CF/S110V or K390 bladed Para2 :eek:

There would probably be nationwide riots in all the big city's caused by those who did not get one.. :p

As for Spyderco I think they did the best they could under difficult circumstances. Thanks for making this awesome knife :)
Infinite Zero

Post by Infinite Zero »

ZL1 wrote:more picsssss!
Ask and ye shall receive!

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ZL1 wrote:more picsssss!

Updated with new pics.

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post871313
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Thanks Zero :D
The titanium Native looks excellent as well
Can't wait till Tuesday!
edit: ooh didn't look out for that one
Thanks Evil!
1st1903

Post by 1st1903 »

Wow I must have been one of the first ones to order...I was up 30 mins before 10am here (9am MDT) and checked the catalogue at 9:58 and the knife was there. I added to cart and only got the weird error message once. I hit my back button and did it again, and it went through. I even put my state's full name in the box :) .

From start to finish the whole transaction probably took somewhere around 50 seconds.
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

1st1903 wrote:Wow I must have been one of the first ones to order...I was up 30 mins before 10am here (9am MDT) and checked the catalogue at 9:58 and the knife was there. I added to cart and only got the weird error message once. I hit my back button and did it again, and it went through. I even put my state's full name in the box :) .

From start to finish the whole transaction probably took somewhere around 50 seconds.
I completely missed them, after all of these months. I should have been checking daily, but got busy with the house's AC work, and when I finally went to check, they were all gone.
Wanted: Superhawk - Found!
neocacher

Post by neocacher »

Got my Native 5 forum knives today. they are Sweet!
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

A big thank you to all the people at Spyderco.