S90V Military!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I just received my first Zaan a Startac last month after lusting for it for some time. I'll be putting it up for sale soon FYI, it's my third CRK and they are nice knives but I am quite content with Spyderco and other companies offerings where my $400 can get me multiple knives that bring me equal to more joy in using. Not to mention I am simply too spoiled with these super steels.
shunsui wrote:How you liking your Umnumzaan ?

Too expensive for me. :D
As for your point, dollar amount is not the be all end all. Heck, my watch addiction costs me a heck of a lot more money than some of these knives... I wonder how much BBS would sell an Umnumzaan for :eek: Probably would be too much for me :rolleyes:

I know you bought one, and I am sure you will love it. More power to you. I wish I could get myself to order one.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
endgame

Post by endgame »

Mines on its way just got the emai
L.yahoo
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I'm holding out for the K390 or S110V Military sprint that I'm sure is coming soon. :spyder:
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

I would have considered picking one up from Howe's but they're sold out.

On top of all the other ludicrous terms of sale BBS is also charging $60 for shipping to Canada. Absurd.
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

JNewell wrote:I'm holding out for the K390 or S110V Military sprint that I'm sure is coming soon. :spyder:
+1
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
endgame

Post by endgame »

Coulro wrote:I would have considered picking one up from Howe's but they're sold out.

On top of all the other ludicrous terms of sale BBS is also charging $60 for shipping to Canada. Absurd.

sold out on Howe's allready!I guess the people who want bento to get stuck with allot of them might be dissapointed.I don't understand why people would be so mad at bento box they don't even no how much sal sold the Millie to them a piece? The mark up might be high but not crazy high and if you don't want one just don't buy one.it makes it sound like bb is personally ripping you off.they don't have you at gunpoint.I cant wait to get my s90v millie my blue 390 pm2 needs his match for the set.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

endgame wrote:sold out on Howe's allready!I guess the people who want bento to get stuck with allot of them might be dissapointed.
As far as I know, Howe's only got a couple of collector numbers, since these are a Bento Box Shop exclusive. Using Howes, a company that actually respects its customers and treats them decently, selling out a handful of knives to predict what will happen to bento box, a company that treats its customers like crap, is a bit silly.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
Invective

Post by Invective »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:As far as I know, Howe's only got a couple of collector numbers, since these are a Bento Box Shop exclusive.
Yeah, I saw Howes only had 4 yesterday. That and the fact that they were selling them less than Bento Box was, made it really hard for me not to get one, but in the end I'll go with Cru-Wear. Better handle color in my opinion, and at a much more affordable price.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

FCM415 wrote: I wish I could get myself to order one.
Keep it simple. You know the drill, watch the exchange and pick up one from someone who does a catch and release. You'll probably pay less than the Calif price, and you won't have to directly patronize the BBS. It feels good not banging your head against the wall. ;)
Cheygriz

Post by Cheygriz »

FCM415 wrote: Vote with your wallet people. CruWear Military for $140. I hope BBS sits on the lot and fades away, but we all know that it will sell out because people are okay with getting jobbed.

What should their next exclusive be? Smurf Blue Military S110v for $400 + shipping + insurance + tax? How about $500? Is $500 + shipping + insurance + tax okay?

JNewell, I know you want to quote me. Please don't. :p
Hey! Ever hear of something called the "Free Market Economy?" Supply and demand? If you don't like the price of something, don't buy it. But don't whine about the price. There's no law that gives you the right to buy another man's product at the price YOU consider fair.

If Sal makes a knife and charges $10,000 per copy AND CUSTOMERS ARE WILLING TO PAY THAT PRICE, then more power to Sal.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I will also get a cruewear.I never was threaded bad by bento box.yes they are a little pricy but delivery fast and never had a problem.I wish I got a numbered one at Howe's first but I had the preorder.I love my millies and don't care at all I had to pay a little.it will be at my house today post it when the mailman gets here.ive got a bunch of 7 foot bamboo that needs to be taken down to make some frog spears.I don't use them for frogs. I use them for softshell crabs -Sgt majors- and trigger fish that hang around bulkheads and dock poles.I make my own little Hawaiian slings its allot of fun.pluss tasty.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Cheygriz wrote:Hey! Ever hear of something called the "Free Market Economy?" Supply and demand? If you don't like the price of something, don't buy it. But don't whine about the price. There's no law that gives you the right to buy another man's product at the price YOU consider fair.

If Sal makes a knife and charges $10,000 per copy AND CUSTOMERS ARE WILLING TO PAY THAT PRICE, then more power to Sal.
You will find out soon enough that some people aren't aware of that mechanism. Some people also want to tell you how to spend your money or be protected from themselves.

I leave it to my own personal decision making process. Do I want or need it. If it is a want I then determine how much I am willing to pay. If it is too much for me to justify paying I don't hold it against the seller.
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

Order number one!

ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

man that's a pretty knife
endgame

Post by endgame »

Me eather.I have three millies-dlc combo blade use all the time-flueted titainium great knife used it camping and making kindling feels so good in the hand- cf s30vn never used it yet just haven't had it long enough it has the rough carbon fiber I really like it gives you great grip-and soon to be a smurf blue s90v I will use it in the rotation.cant wait for mister mailman today.I have that knife comming and my orange pm2 wich completes my pm2 collection. I ordered 2 weeks ago it took for ever to get here from overseas.got a great price. Its from a reputable dealer so its not a fake.that was the hardest of all the pm2s for me to find.even harder to find then a reasonable priced cf pm2 wich I got at 50$ over original cost of knife cause I had a knife that he just had to have a very rare microtech I was so happy with that score.just need a mini manix and cf s90v m2 to finish my collection.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Nice! I guess I can put up my WTTF threads. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:As far as I know, Howe's only got a couple of collector numbers, since these are a Bento Box Shop exclusive. Using Howes, a company that actually respects its customers and treats them decently, selling out a handful of knives to predict what will happen to bento box, a company that treats its customers like crap, is a bit silly.
One note on that - Howe's and BBS have the same return policy on this knife, which is to say: none. ;)
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

JNewell wrote:One note on that - Howe's and BBS have the same return policy on this knife, which is to say: none. ;)
Where did you see this? I saw nothing on Howes that looked ANYTHING like the paragraph-long description from BBS that detailed exactly how little customer service you could expect, and if you didn't like it, you could pound sand.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:Where did you see this? I saw nothing on Howes that looked ANYTHING like the paragraph-long description from BBS that detailed exactly how little customer service you could expect, and if you didn't like it, you could pound sand.
It used to be in their Spyderco sprint policies, but I'm not seeing it right now, which is why I deleted the post you quoted before I deleted it. :D
DunninLA

Post by DunninLA »

shunsui wrote:Keep it simple. You know the drill, watch the exchange and pick up one from someone who does a catch and release. You'll probably pay less than the Calif price, and you won't have to directly patronize the BBS. ;)
where is the exchange? (I assume this question isn't breaking forum posting rules ... if so, will whichever mod redacts this post PM me with the URL?).