S90V Military!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I just read thru this entire BS thread and think that many people need to get a life.
It's a **** knife, get over it. If it is too high, then don't buy it and shut the **** up.

I love this forum, but I think that I need a break. I'll spend time with people more
mature, like my 13 year old son. Some one else can have my forum knife as well.

See ya around sometime,..... maybe.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Wow! Someone needs a nap hahaha!

had to add this - I think its more than humorous too tell people to get a life when you just read through the entire thread...... wishful thinking for yourself? This makes you no better than the guys who actually argued and started firing shots at each other over the internet
BAL wrote:I just read thru this entire BS thread and think that many people need to get a life.
It's a **** knife, get over it. If it is too high, then don't buy it and shut the **** up.

I love this forum, but I think that I need a break. I'll spend time with people more

gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

This should be no surprise. It's standard operation for BBS to sell at MSRP with little or no CS to back it up, and it hasn't caused a shift in the universe yet. If the price is too high, just don't buy it (it's ok to miss out on something occasionally). As for dictating who Spyderco should accept exclusive orders from, that's well beyond any of our business.
:bug-red-white
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

I personally think the price is high but it's a desirable steel on a desirable folder pattern, I'm sure they won't have much trouble selling being limited production and all, even if it takes a while.
mattman

Post by mattman »

BAL wrote:I just read thru this entire BS thread and think that many people need to get a life.

Bal, if you leave, then the terrorists win! Help keep the BALance!
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

+1

Either buy it or not. I totally don't get the whole drama either.
Wanted: Superhawk - Found!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

wquiles wrote:+1

Either buy it or not. I totally don't get the whole drama either.
I also don't understand the drama about the people complaining about the complainers...

It's a forum. Things are discussed here, if you didn't know. This is just another discussion.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I also don't understand the drama about the people complaining about the complainers...

It's a forum. Things are discussed here, if you didn't know. This is just another discussion.
Don't you know anything about the Internet? It's only a discussion if you agree with what the other guy wants you to think. If you have your own opinion you are clearly the Devil incarnate.

Heck, the only real discussion we seem to be able to have around here is regarding the relative merits of chunky and smooth peanut butter. Anything else makes you the worst person in the universe.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:Don't you know anything about the Internet? It's only a discussion if you agree with what the other guy wants you to think. If you have your own opinion you are clearly the Devil incarnate.

Heck, the only real discussion we seem to be able to have around here is regarding the relative merits of chunky and smooth peanut butter. Anything else makes you the worst person in the universe.
Hahaha...you're evil BTW, for stating the truth. :D
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I had walls of text talking about BBS and defending my positions. It was all about that dealer and my positions on my end. There were those who questioned my positions and also probably those who think I was going about it the wrong way. Either way, those responses to me was about me. My walls of texts consisted of my positions and defending them. I wasn't out to question anyone else's motives and stuck with what I had to say about the topic (with essays about BBS), and not others. Even when I was engaged, I was talking about BBS and citing examples while one even called me names. I see a difference, but I guess I'm that devil incarnate with opinions that aren't as valid as theirs.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
endgame

Post by endgame »

5 years from now this thread will be in the archives and this knife will be someones grail knife.I prepaid for this knife and cant wait for it to come in.I also have the bento pm2 I couldn't have one without the other to me its a set.the pm2 from bento took a little wile to get going now look at the price its easly doubled.threads like this create a buzz wich actualy makes the knife sell and in the long run make it a must have.I also have the cf Millie with s90v and would never miss out the chance to get another one with that steel.Bal let it go in one ear and out the other that's what I do when people bash me or get into these rants they will go away eventually we need you're banter here.
Donut

Post by Donut »

FCM415 wrote:I had walls of text talking about BBS and defending my positions. It was all about that dealer and my positions on my end. There were those who questioned my positions and also probably those who think I was going about it the wrong way. Either way, those responses to me was about me. My walls of texts consisted of my positions and defending them. I wasn't out to question anyone else's motives and stuck with what I had to say about the topic (with essays about BBS), and not others. Even when I was engaged, I was talking about BBS and citing examples while one even called me names. I see a difference, but I guess I'm that devil incarnate with opinions that aren't as valid as theirs.
Congratulations.

Now, after all the fighting and bickering and whining. Where does that leave us now?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Donut wrote:Congratulations.

Now, after all the fighting and bickering and whining. Where does that leave us now?
It leaves us with no peanut butter and jelly... :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:It leaves us with no peanut butter and jelly... :D
...and, far worse, no darned knife to spread it with! :mad:
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Donut wrote:Congratulations.

Donut, I recall your post earlier which was in the same sentiment. We're left with the vast majority not buying a grail of a knife because of principle. Many will vote with their wallets this time around. Spyderco was made aware of the disappointment, and several days later, the forum S110v and K390 mule release date is announced at fantastic prices for us to move our attention to and I am pumped to get them. Not that I think it what done on purpose but it was timely nonetheless. In the future, I do have hopes that the moaning and bickering can lead to something positive where S90v/Military heads like Chuck and Jim will actually talk about "I can't wait till it comes" instead of "I'm not getting one".
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I hate to say it but dollar for dollar I would probably opt for a S90V Military over this forum knife, or at the very least I would buy one of each instead of two forum knives. Like I said earlier, I might be able to swallow the price if the vendor's return policy and business ethics were better. The idea that I could be late on the preorder and miss the knife and not get my money back and be stuck having to buy something else instead is just not worth the risk to me. I guess I could have jumped on the preorder early and felt safer, but the principle behind it bothers me enough to just pass on the whole thing. Someday I'm sure I'll wish I had the knife, but at the same time I prefer to not give my money to companies who do business this way.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Evil D wrote:I hate to say it but dollar for dollar I would probably opt for a S90V Military over this forum knife, or at the very least I would buy one of each instead of two forum knives. Like I said earlier, I might be able to swallow the price if the vendor's return policy and business ethics were better. The idea that I could be late on the preorder and miss the knife and not get my money back and be stuck having to buy something else instead is just not worth the risk to me. I guess I could have jumped on the preorder early and felt safer, but the principle behind it bothers me enough to just pass on the whole thing. Someday I'm sure I'll wish I had the knife, but at the same time I prefer to not give my money to companies who do business this way.
Exactly
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I mean to say if both knives were the same price. For $150, this forum knife is one of the most bang for your buck knives you can get if you're into snob steels. If this Military could be had for $150, I just might take the risk with the vendor despite my issues with their business ethics.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

FCM415 wrote:Donut, I recall your post earlier which was in the same sentiment. We're left with the vast majority not buying a grail of a knife because of principle. Many will vote with their wallets this time around. Spyderco was made aware of the disappointment, and several days later, the forum S110v and K390 mule release date is announced at fantastic prices for us to move our attention to and I am pumped to get them. Not that I think it what done on purpose but it was timely nonetheless. In the future, I do have hopes that the moaning and bickering can lead to something positive where S90v/Military heads like Chuck and Jim will actually talk about "I can't wait till it comes" instead of "I'm not getting one".
I don't think most people are hung up on principle...I think it's just price. :)
Evil D wrote:The idea that I could be late on the preorder and miss the knife and not get my money back and be stuck having to buy something else instead is just not worth the risk to me.
Wait, are you really sure that if you pre-pay and they don't ship you an S90V Military you wouldn't get a refund, or is that an interpretation based on what they posted about the pre-order? I don't see that said anywhere on the BBS website.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

JNewell wrote:I don't think most people are hung up on principle...I think it's just price. :)
While price is the main catalyst by far, many have expressed other reasons as well and by those principles of disagreement with BBS's policies, they chose to pass on this knife :)
-Leonard Nimoy