Anyone using a sheath with their Paramilitary 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PsychGrad

Anyone using a sheath with their Paramilitary 2?

Post by PsychGrad »

I was doing some web searches on the para 2, a ran across several people making custom pancake sheaths for them. Many of them were beautifully crafted. If anyone could post some pics of sheaths their using with the para 2, I'd love to see them.
"It's not the critic who counts. The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena."
endgame

Post by endgame »

I have a kydex neck sheath and I useit when hiking threw brush cause I have lost allot of knives from the pocket clip catching on a branch and pulling it out of my pocket.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I don't have a para2 but think it's a good size for the swap from pocket to sheath. I use a sheath a lot for my Sage4 and GB. They are ok in my pocket too but using a sheath leaves my pocket free for a smaller knife that I use more often than the larger ones. I'd like to see the sheaths also just because I like seeing what's available as well as the home made work which a lot of times is better than the production types.

Jack
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I have been looking for a sheath for a while. I see them a lot on ebay. It would be nice to free up my pocket. Most of the sheaths I see are made to fit a Pm2 in tip down configuration.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

endgame wrote:I have a kydex neck sheath and I useit when hiking threw brush cause I have lost allot of knives from the pocket clip catching on a branch and pulling it out of my pocket.
I have one of these too. Bought it from some gent on eBay. It works nicely for yard work and when you need your knife at the ready. One caution, though... The kydex on mine puts pressure on the edge of the spine by the spydie hole. My DLC coated Para 2 had a bit of the DLC scraped off by sliding it in and out of the kydex. Not much - just right on the edge of the spine...

TedP
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I have yet to see anyone mention using a Remora mag pouch for a knife sheath around here. It's the perfect size for most Spyderco knives. The Para 2 practically disappears in one and you can literally wear the knife anywhere inside the waste band.

[ATTACH]22254[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22255[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
Holland

Post by Holland »

the leather and kydex sheaths ive seen on Fleebay looks great! i have no need for one however because i like my knives to be more concealed then that
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE