What I'd like to see

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kev83

What I'd like to see

Post by Kev83 »

A blacked out yo2! That's what! Anyone else feel that way? I just love the look of the yo2 and think a dlc version would look awesome. And for that matter a lot of other models offered in it. I was skeptic about dlc coating at first but the stuff is crazy tough and after I bought my all black manix 2 I was hooked on it. I've been waiting over 2 months for my digicam dlc para2 and can't wait to get it. What other models would you also like to see this on?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I could take it or leave it. Personally I have grown to love & prefer the grains of the steel showing. I certainly think many other forum members will love this idea.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

xceptnl wrote:I could take it or leave it. Personally I have grown to love & prefer the grains of the steel showing. I certainly think many other forum members will love this idea.
I can't argue with that thought either.. Grind lines do add a little something especially on a warncliff
endgame

Post by endgame »

I think that would look sweeeeeeeet!
3f8

Post by 3f8 »

I love the look of a dlc blade when they are new. Unlike fine wine they just don't age well.
mattman

Post by mattman »

3f8 wrote:I love the look of a dlc blade when they are new. Unlike fine wine they just don't age well.
Have you used a DLC coated blade to the point where it didn't look good? I'd like to see pics of a worn DLC coating...
endgame

Post by endgame »

You have to carefully when sharpening so you don't scratch it
3f8

Post by 3f8 »

mattman wrote:Have you used a DLC coated blade to the point where it didn't look good? I'd like to see pics of a worn DLC coating...
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ck-coating
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Kev83 wrote:I can't argue with that thought either.. Grind lines do add a little something especially on a warncliff
I really love when you can see the different grind directions on the hollow-ground knives. The Yo 2 probably has the prettiest factory lines I have seen to date for a satin finish!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
mattman

Post by mattman »

The Para that's in that thread is pretty worn... I don't recall seeing that one... most people usually say that any marks or staining that they initially thought was compromised coating, ended up being marks on top of the DLC, and came off with little effort...

Most people think that all the Spyderco knives that are coated use DLC, or use the term interchangeably, leading to some confusion...

I would submit that that particular example is likely the end of the spectrum, as far as DLC wear goes...
hollar44

Post by hollar44 »

I would like to see blacked out Native 4 plain edge
:spyder: My spyders:
Pacific salt Blacked out
Para military 2 camo
Sage 1
lady bug salt i use on key chain
Flat Byrd
Benchmade mini griptillian D2 tool steel
EDC Native 4 PE and Tasman Salt PE
Kihlo7

Post by Kihlo7 »

I saw a YO2 a day ago online i should have bought one but passed like an idiot, was in stock for about an hor and sold out
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

I'm not a blade coated person but I know there is a big market for it.
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Dlc holds up crazy well and for a long time and when it finally wears through, IMO it gives it character and shows a knife well used and with some stories behind it