Prediver/endura on eBay

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cobra143

Prediver/endura on eBay

Post by cobra143 »

Has anyone seen this and what is it?
It looks like a handle of a prediver and a blade of an endura.
Prototype??
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 0934323932
FrankH

Post by FrankH »

It's the Diver and it's in the my 1989 Cutlery Shoppe catalog. Blade Length: 3.75; Length Open: 8.5; Weight: 7 oz. I couldn't find it in SpyderWiki.
** Endura 1 SE G2, Delica 1 CE G2, Co-Pilot SE Almite G2, Bob Terzuola Jr CE ATS-34, Rescue Jr SE ATS-55, Caly 3 PE VG-10 G10, Lady Bug II SE AUS-6, Delica 4 PE VG-10, Endura 4 CE Vg-10, Lady Bug 3 PE VG-10, Cricket SE VG-10, Salt 1 PE H1, Dragonfly 2 PE VG-10, UK Penknife PE CTS BD1 **
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

That one is certainly before my time. I will stay tuned to see what comes of this.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
FrankH

Post by FrankH »

Sorry, I jumped in too quickly. You're right - I didn't notice the lack of a line cutter and the blade shape. I was looking at the Cutlery Shoppe catalog in bad light. It will be interesting to see what it turns out to be. Cutlery Shoppe called it a Diver but I know you are right on calling it a Prediver.
** Endura 1 SE G2, Delica 1 CE G2, Co-Pilot SE Almite G2, Bob Terzuola Jr CE ATS-34, Rescue Jr SE ATS-55, Caly 3 PE VG-10 G10, Lady Bug II SE AUS-6, Delica 4 PE VG-10, Endura 4 CE Vg-10, Lady Bug 3 PE VG-10, Cricket SE VG-10, Salt 1 PE H1, Dragonfly 2 PE VG-10, UK Penknife PE CTS BD1 **
cobra143

Post by cobra143 »

What makes it more interesting is that it it numbered. I have two theories. First is that spyderco fixed a broken prediver. I am not sure about the lock mechanism or how you would take apart and put back together a stainless knife. Second is that a spyderco worker built it for themselves.
Barman

Post by Barman »

cobra143 wrote:What makes it more interesting is that it it numbered. I have two theories. First is that spyderco fixed a broken prediver. I am not sure about the lock mechanism or how you would take apart and put back together a stainless knife. Second is that a spyderco worker built it for themselves.
The Prediver was numbered to 1000 pieces. That's why it's numbered 883? The fit and finish on the pivot pin also looks a bit beat up so your refurb theory may be correct.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Definitely a FrankenSpyder. I seriously doubt Spyderco did it, more likely one of the dumpster divers that have sold similar things on eBay for the past several years. Assuming the person selling it purchased it on eBay, or lives near one of them, I'd consider travis..... and discountJDs as the two most likely sources.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I almost bid on that one too. I figured it was going to go too high and stayed out of it. I'm still curious what the story is with it though.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN