NEW Delica 4 WilkinsGRIP D4 Prototype Run (scales)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GMAN

NEW Delica 4 WilkinsGRIP D4 Prototype Run (scales)

Post by GMAN »

Check it out new Delica 4 e scales each Gripset is CNC machined from 6082-T6 (AlMgSi1) Alu, Hardcoat Black finish and includes a serrated Natural Dural Alu Spacer and 8 stainless screws. I have only produced a small run of these to start, if they are a success, I will be doing them in G10 and perhaps even titanium.

http://wilkins-knives.com/wilkinsgrip-stocklist
GMAN

Here is the pic

Post by GMAN »

[ATTACH]22187[/ATTACH]
Attachments
DELICA 4.jpg
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

Those look good! Great job!
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
dialex

Post by dialex »

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm a big fan of Kevin Wilkins' work, but I never got to like aluminium. However, if it was titanium instead... :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I really like them allot they look sweet
Donut

Post by Donut »

Best of luck on the sales. They look pretty nice.

I don't know if Aluminum would be my first choice on material.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
mattman

Post by mattman »

Donut wrote:Best of luck on the sales. They look pretty nice.

I don't know if Aluminum would be my first choice on material.
Donut- I think there will be more material choices coming... in another thread, Kevin said something to the effect that this material was the trial & test run... iirc.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Beat blast titanium, like a Ti Millie or CRK Sebbie. Don't machine out the grooves on the side. That'd be my favorite. I bet you could sell G-10 too.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
flash900

Post by flash900 »

I love the Wilkins-Ritter combo -- it raises the Ritter to an entirely new level.

But I'm not sure I'd carry a heavyweight Delica. Seems like it defeats the purpose of a 2.5 oz folder.

Maybe I'd change my mind if I handled them. The new scales do look great, and Kevin should sell a bunch. Congratulations and best wishes.
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

The look sharp! Can you please post a link to one of the items? I searched for "delica" on the page but had no luck.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

But I'm not sure I'd carry a heavyweight Delica. Seems like it defeats the purpose of a 2.5 oz folder.
I'm guessing double the price as well. No doubt for some it would be worth it though. They do look nice and he does good work.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
mrphotoman

Post by mrphotoman »

Looks really really good
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Looks vaguely Strider-ish. And the weight would be a tad on the high side for me...but...

Nice work, Kevin!

TedP
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

salimoneus wrote:The look sharp! Can you please post a link to one of the items? I searched for "delica" on the page but had no luck.
Just take a look at Kevin's blog:
http://wilkins-knives.blogspot.de/2013/ ... s-for.html

Very nice work, Kevin! Big fan of your WilkinsGRIPs for the Griptilian, I can't wait for the titanium variant of your Delica GRIPs.
Marcus
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Cool grips Kevin. Not a fan of the solicitation though given the rules of the forum.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Oh Lord! I am going to be so poor :(
BAL

Post by BAL »

Not to be a jack ankle or anything, but for what it's worth, not my cup of tea.
Double the price, double the weight. I like it the way it was originally made.
If I want a heavier pricier knife, I'll get a different knife to begin with.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

For the cost of the handles alone, I think you could buy three Delicas. I was interested in perhaps saving up for a set of his scales for another company's knife I own, but when I saw this stern message about using images and copyrighted material from his website, I decided not to. The majority of his business is based off of other people's copyrights! :)
noddy

Post by noddy »

So, four months pass. I had managed to forget about these. Then I accidentally find the thread again and this time the want bites deep. No idea which ones ot get though. Thinking of something nice for my ZDP Deli :)
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Blerv wrote:Not a fan of the solicitation though given the rules of the forum.
Fresh Eddie Fresh wrote:but when I saw this stern message about using images and copyrighted material from his website
Gman is not Kevin Wilkins! This is exactly why he asked others not to post his work in the other thread.
I see, said the blind man.