Mule Scales

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
billy blade

Mule Scales

Post by billy blade »

We should be seeing the newest Mule soon and I was wondering who makes custom screw on scales for them. I know about Halpern Ti INC. G10 scales and there are always some listed on eBay. Does anyone else know of any other makers out there that make screw on Mule scales.
endgame

Post by endgame »

No. But the ti sounds sweet
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

Yes it does!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Would also like to know this!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

I have put scales on only 3 of my Mules so far and purchased 2 sets of Halpern Ti INC. G10 scales. I was just curious if there were any other bolt on scale options out there?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

endgame wrote:No. But the ti sounds sweet
The company is called Halpern Titanium. They sell Ti products, but not Ti mule scales. The mule scales are G-10.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

I guess my post was a little miss leading. I edited my post to read Halpern Ti INC. G 10 scales. Thanks Jabba!
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I like the Halpern scales I've tried so far. I really liked the look of the CF ones they had made at one time, but I don't think they ever made them again.

Unfortunately it seems the company doesn't see any value in maintaining a web page. They used to have a pdf for the Mule scales, but you always had to call on the phone to order them. Then for *many* months the web page just said "under construction", and more recently it seems to have been taken over as an attack page for malware.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
endgame

Post by endgame »

I bought a mule with cocobollo scales on it and loveit but don't no who put them on it. Did a great job.I would like another one. I will follow this closly
deskil

Post by deskil »

I have some Halpern micarta scales on my M390 Mule that have a crosshatch pattern (like you find on the wrist of a rifle stock) in a sand color. They're best fixed blade slabs I've ever used (especially good traction with sweaty hands).
Don't see a need for other options, myself (except maybe more color selections).
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

I do my own scaling: micarta, G10, wood and screw then on, but permanently; with corbies and epoxy ;)
Tom
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

There are quite a few "hobbyists" on the Forum who make their own Mule scales. You can check out some of their work in the "Show Your Mule" thread over in the Spyderco Picture Gallery. Someone here might be able to help you out. Also, there are a few folks who do custom scales professionally for Mules and other knives. You also might look to contact one of them. PM me if you want a few names/contacts.

Cheers!
TedP