Delica Damascus Titanium

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
neocacher

Delica Damascus Titanium

Post by neocacher »

Received my Damascus Delica Titanium today from HKS. Its pretty amazing! Anyone else get theirs?
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

Pics!
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I got mine today. It went straight in the pocket. I was pleasantly surprised it came in a zipper pouch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Pretty! Will it be a user? It appears to say VG-10 on the blade. Does it seem any different from VG-10, even though its "Damascus"?
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Gunslinger wrote:I got mine today. It went straight in the pocket. I was pleasantly surprised it came in a zipper pouch.
Very nice! Did that come with a Spyderco pouch (i.e. will they all come with it?) or a more generic pouch? I ask because sometimes Howe's throws in a little extra something with an order, one of my orders had a pouch included extra for free.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

nice!
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Pockets wrote:Pretty! Will it be a user? It appears to say VG-10 on the blade. Does it seem any different from VG-10, even though its "Damascus"?
It will be a user, It's to pretty to sit in a drawer. The core is VG10 so it will sharpen and cut like a normal vg10 Delica. The Damascus has a gritty feel like Seki City's black coating feels. The opening and closing is gritty because of the Damascus texture.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

rodloos wrote:Very nice! Did that come with a Spyderco pouch (i.e. will they all come with it?) or a more generic pouch? I ask because sometimes Howe's throws in a little extra something with an order, one of my orders had a pouch included extra for free.
It came in a Spyderco Pouch and had the paper work in it too. I believe they all do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Senate

Post by Senate »

if there's a sticker on the pouch stating the usual infos (name, SKU, barcode etc) then it's the standard package. if there isn't, then it's not.
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Is this Damascus stainless? I had a chance to buy a Delica with the fancy onlay handle and Damascus blade at the Blade Show for $200 but no one could tell me for sure if it was stainless or not. I think I have heard stainless Damascus mentioned before..
Barman

Post by Barman »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Is this Damascus stainless? I had a chance to buy a Delica with the fancy onlay handle and Damascus blade at the Blade Show for $200 but no one could tell me for sure if it was stainless or not. I think I have heard stainless Damascus mentioned before..
It is layered stainless VG-10.
I have the Endura Damascus and have had no issues with corrosion of any kind in my limited usage. I use Remoil on my knives as well after use. It's a display piece now though, too pretty to be an EDC. ;)