Spyderco 2014 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Oh man. I can see winning isn't going to be easy. Great photos so far.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

For my submission I have used cable cuttings to create the backdrop, on which I have displayed my titanium military, one of the many great american made spyderco models. I use red, white and blue cable often in 3 phase power systems and thought of this.

w3tnz
Spyderco Military Ti ~ C36TI
gundude73

Post by gundude73 »

I like knives and coffee and thought why not combine them into my submission for this year? :D

forum name: gundude73
Model: C36 Military

Digicam Military
Digicam Paramilitary 2
Ladybug
Honeybee
Salt 1
Baliyo

-Matt
JasonG

Post by JasonG »

Knife: SpyderCo Ed Schempp Navaja
Forum name: JasonG

While casting some led blocks for reproduction, some lead escapes the ladle and spills on the steel sheeting. It makes for a real "engineering" look, which is what I love about the Navaja, It’s an engineering beauty!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

The Kiwi has been a favorite of mine for ten years. One of its attractions is that it makes and excellent platform for customization and embellishment. The one in this photo was modified and embellished by Navajo artist David Yellowhorse in a design he calls the "Night Eagle". The materials are black onyx, orange spiny oyster, white turquoise, fire opals, and nickel silver. The photo was taken on a picnic table in New York's John Boyd Thacher State Park near the trailhead of the Indian Ladder Trail.

Model: C75 Kiwi
Forum Name: The Deacon
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

I am a computer builder and I thought a motherboard would make an interesting background for a Ti knife. I used 5 different flashlights to create the lighting effects including filters. I chose the Ti Native because it is a perfect example of the perfection that spyderco consistently puts out. I am proud to carry this knife!

Original - 7020X6480 @ 300dpi
Model: C41TIFP5 Native 5 Ti
Forum Name - DJFrostbyte
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I chose one of my favourite knives, the Manix 2 as my submission for this years calendar. The Manix 2 combines form and function with a little bit of style and a lot of jimping. I thought it a fitting choice considering its unique and easily identifiable silhouette. Fire was used as a backdrop to represent the manufacturing process of steel which I find really fascinating. No computer effects or photoshop was used for this photo, it's steel wool lit on fire spun from a rope using an open shutter.

Model: Manix 2 Black Blade C101GPBBK2
Forum Name: Liquid Cobra
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DaRTH SfaRi

Endura We Trust

Post by DaRTH SfaRi »

http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard#

Forum Name - DaRTH SFaRi
Model Name - C10PGRE

I chose this folder because it is my most trusted. I have other folders that are alot more pleasant on the eyes however the Endura 4 ZDP-189 personifies what an EDC folder's purpose in life is. To function as a tactical and practical cutting tool with the durability of everyday use. I trust this knife in to handle everyday tasks as well as save a life even after decades of use.
Perrin PPT*Tasman Salt*Leafstorm*Persistence*Kiwi SS Lockback*Stretch*Caly 3.5 Super Blue Sprint Run*Matriarch 2* SmallFly*Endura 4 FFG Orange*Schempp Rock*Endura 4 ZDP-189*
DaRTH SfaRi

Endura We Trust

Post by DaRTH SfaRi »

http://mantonio808.tumblr.com/image/56720354233

Forum Name - DaRTH SFaRi
Model Name - C10PGRE

I chose this folder because it is my most trusted. I have other folders that are alot more pleasant on the eyes however the Endura 4 ZDP-189 personifies what an EDC folder's purpose in life is. To function as a tactical and practical cutting tool with the durability of everyday use. I trust this knife in to handle everyday tasks as well as save a life even after decades of use.
Perrin PPT*Tasman Salt*Leafstorm*Persistence*Kiwi SS Lockback*Stretch*Caly 3.5 Super Blue Sprint Run*Matriarch 2* SmallFly*Endura 4 FFG Orange*Schempp Rock*Endura 4 ZDP-189*
Mr Blonde

A Spyderco Christmas Dinner

Post by Mr Blonde »

I think every calendar needs a photo that is made specifically for a particular season. That is why I pictured a Spyderco-themed Christmas dinner table setting, with a different spydie to be used for each course. The bowl featuring the entrée is filled with iron and a ;) . Christmas often brings a sense of nostalgia, so I chose three all-time classic Spyderco designs for this photo.

Knives pictured, left to right:
C07S Police
C69G Li’l Temperance
C92TCP Kopa Tiger Coral

Forum Name: Mr Blonde
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

This little tank is in my opinion one of the greatest collaboration knives made in the recent years, it spends a lot of time in my pocket and is a really nice tool to own. The Techno comes along when I do some house renovations such as last weekend at my mothers house. When I was cleaning up at the end of the day I had all those drills and cutting disks together and was looking at all my specialized tools and couldn't resist to finish off the pile with a cutting tool from my favourite brand. The result was a nice picture :)

Model: Techno C158TIP
Forum Name: IG-88
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Here's my old Delica Clipit, enjoying the evening sun on our wall. It was a "rescue" knife which has grown on me as I've worked on it. It was old, tired and pretty pitiful when I got it. I've reworked the blade, polished it up a bit, reground the edge and now it's a regular in my pocket, not sure how old it is.

Delica Clipit
noseoil
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I love that pic, noseoil. I hope it's on the calendar.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Mr Blonde, how long did it take to resize pics of all those knives? Great pic, btw.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Pockets wrote:how long did it take to resize pics of all those knives
You mean in the bowl? Those are pins :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

IG-88 wrote:You mean in the bowl? Those are pins :)
Indeed, just lots of pins I picked up over the years.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
thurin

Post by thurin »

I chose this knife for the contest as I love how Super Blue Patinas. I chose this shot as I think it looks as though it is reflecting clouds, when in actuality it is just the patina.
CALY3 SUPER BLUE ~ C113GGY
thurin
Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R.T.
dandaniel

Post by dandaniel »

[ATTACH]22439[/ATTACH]

this is a spyder snack i made with bread, ''sharp cheddar'' and ham

thanks for viewing
Attachments
spyder snack.jpg
Spyderco. Member, DanDaniel
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Mr Blonde wrote:Indeed, just lots of pins I picked up over the years.
Ah :rolleyes: Thanks. I was wondering why they looked so real :confused:
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

[ATTACH]22449[/ATTACH]

I am submitting my Mule Team 17 fixed blade. Just got home and put on the custom scales and stopped to enjoy some fresh fruit from the garden.

-Drew
Attachments
Calendar_Ghost.jpg