Spyderco 2014 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

The Dragonfly has quickly become my favorite knife, and I've acquired a few of them. It's incredibly useful and, being a true "little big knife", can perform tasks you'd not think a small knife able to. This lovely specimen is the orange handled Spyderco Dragonfly 2 - a great color for if you drop or misplace it. I thought a little contrast was in order for my photo because of it's bright color, so here it is.

Model - Orange Spyderco Dragonfly 2
Forum name - Jazz
- best wishes, Jazz.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wow. Some very stiff competition this year and I'm sure more to come.

Here's my Rock Lobster, after doing a bit of food prep for dinner. I chose this knife because I feel it's a very under appreciated knife that makes an excellent EDC and especially nice food prep knife. The handle has been modified to remove the pinky bump to provide more neutral ergos. I especially love that this knife has an almost 50/50 blade to handle ratio from the pivot (only about 3/32 longer in the handle than the blade).

Model - Spyderco Rock Lobster C126G
Forum Name - Evil D

I can provide the pic at 4896x3672 res.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

Less than two weeks left! Let's go go goo! :D (Is it just me or are there less pics this year?)
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

There's usually a rush at the very end.
:bug-red-white
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

The native 5 is my favourite Spyderco. It`s the perfect EDC knife
I'm sorry that the photo is so small but i just can't make it bigger (over 100KB)

[ATTACH]22472[/ATTACH]

Forum name: Ignaz
Knife: Native 5
Attachments
P1000940 Kopie123123.png
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Your link doesn't work for me, Ignaz.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

I expected that. I'm sorry. That just doesn't work...
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Ok I wont win the photo contest :( . I just have no time (I'm in spain and italy for several weeks). Maybe next year. But the photos this year seem to be pretty good :) I like them. Especially the ones showing the Catcherman and the Military.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

This picture represents several things for me. This Paramilitary 2 in S90V is for me, one of the best knives in the Spyderco lineup. It has been a grail knife for me for a long time. The generosity of forum members on the Spyderco forum has long been epic and the way this knife came to be mine is among the most generous gestures by a fellow forumite and a good friend. The friendship that is embodied in the gifting of this knife started out on the forums by people at opposite sides of the planet who came together and were brought together by a common interest in sharp things and Spydercos.

Username: chuck_roxas45
Model: Paramilitary 2 S90V (C81CFP2)
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:This picture represents several things for me. This Paramilitary 2 in S90V is for me, one of the best knives in the Spyderco lineup. It has been a grail knife for me for a long time. The generosity of forum members on the Spyderco forum has long been epic and the way this knife came to be mine is among the most generous gestures by a fellow forumite and a good friend. The friendship that is embodied in the gifting of this knife started out on the forums by people at opposite sides of the planet who came together and were brought together by a common interest in sharp things and Spydercos.

Great story, great edge, and WHAT A KNIFE!!! I love this photo!
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Ignaz wrote:Ok I wont win the photo contest :( . I just have no time (I'm in spain and italy for several weeks). Maybe next year. But the photos this year seem to be pretty good :) I like them. Especially the ones showing the Catcherman and the Military.
I see it now, and it's a nice pic!
- best wishes, Jazz.
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Chuck, hope this one "makes the cut" for the calendar, very nicely done! Is it 15 degrees, or is it less?
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

I've recently relocated to Mauritius after spending most of my life inland. My house is right by the sea and as a result my H1 blades have come to the environment that they were made for. This Caspian had been on my openwater diving gear but now that my kayak is parked on the beach rather than in my garage and gets used regularly, it has now taken up it's place on the deck of the kayak.

I really like the look of this knife .... it's classic Spyderco!

[ATTACH]22474[/ATTACH]

Model : Caspian Salt 2 FB22PSBK
Forum name : PSquared
Attachments
130804a 057c resize.jpg
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I'd enter again this year...but having just moved and working a lot of hours. I'm not feeling the inspiration. Plus there have been far fewer knives that have really interested me this year....and that tends to help keep the creative juices flowing.
On the hunt for...
Clip

Post by Clip »

While on a day hike in the national forest, I found this group of orange fungi growing from a fallen tree that made a perfect perch for my Military. I've read that around 10-12% of people are left-hand dominant, and I think the left-hand Military shows that Spyderco goes to great lengths to bring spectacular knives to their customers. Quality tools, great ethics and a nice day in the woods made this picture possible.

Model name: Military Left Hand C36GLE
Forum name: Clip
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Holland

Post by Holland »

The chaparral 2 features a unique handle design that really popped for me when i first saw it. It has become my favourite knife and will be for a long time. The 2mm blade cuts amazing and the F&F is unreal. I love taking knives out of the environment they are designed for, so I made sure to do it for the Chaparral :)

Model: Chaparral 2, C152TI
Username: Holland

EDIT: I cropped this photo, but still have the original with the original dimensions that can be used if need be :)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
ji_long

Post by ji_long »

Now I know why my scotch disappears so fast.
[ATTACH]22476[/ATTACH]

Vallotton Sub-Hilt
ji_long
Attachments
C360_2013-08-04-19-41-36-854 (400x300).jpg
ji_long

Post by ji_long »

Great knives and good scotch, two of my favorite things.
[ATTACH]22478[/ATTACH]

Vallotton Sub-Hilt
Ji_long
Attachments
C360_2013-08-04-19-41-36-854 (400x300).jpg
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

I live in Central Oregon which is a geologic wonder as a result of volcanic activity tens of millions of years ago. My Manix 2 G10 scales had a very primitive appearance so I enhanced the outdoor photograph of the knife sitting on basaltic volcanic rock with a highly PhotoShop'd background depicting an ancient eruption.

Toddles

Post by Toddles »

The catch of the day: a purple Endura. Caught on July 31 at Sandy Beach Lake Ontario, Canada.

Model: C10FPPR
Forum Name: Toddles
Dynamic Programming: It's not fun.