What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Wartstein »

Bloke wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Vivi wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:31 pm
That's pretty cool. Always fun finding a fellow Spyderco fan out in the wild. I spotted someone with a DLC Military at work a couple months back.
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm
Always nice to spot another fan in the wild :D
It certainly is fellas. This is the second one now on Base. A while back one of the Clearance Diver's had an Atlantic Salt in his pocket. :)

I never, ever met another Spydie enthusiast "in the wild", as a matter of fact even not anyone carrying a folder of any brand regularely (or at least not in a way that I would have noticed it).

That's a bit weird and sad, cause Austria (where I live) has great knife laws and people could carry about anything they wanted (unlike to most of "the rest" of Europe).

I think that's partly due to that many people still perceive knives as mainly being weapons, and carrying weapons as such is really not common at all in Europe, at least not compared to the US.

I am not one of those saying one practically can't get by without a knife in the pocket, but still it's amazing how often people are glad that I do, when a sharp blade is needed... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

Good luck to everyone going for the red Para 3 today!

vivi

Post by vivi »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:55 pm
Bloke wrote:
Vivi wrote:
That's pretty cool. Always fun finding a fellow Spyderco fan out in the wild. I spotted someone with a DLC Military at work a couple months back.
ZrowsN1s wrote:
It certainly is fellas. This is the second one now on Base. A while back one of the Clearance Diver's had an Atlantic Salt in his pocket. :)

I never, ever met another Spydie enthusiast "in the wild", as a matter of fact even not anyone carrying a folder of any brand regularely (or at least not in a way that I would have noticed it).

That's a bit weird and sad, cause Austria (where I live) has great knife laws and people could carry about anything they wanted (unlike to most of "the rest" of Europe).

I think that's partly due to that many people still perceive knives as mainly being weapons, and carrying weapons as such is really not common at all in Europe, at least not compared to the US.

I am not one of those saying one practically can't get by without a knife in the pocket, but still it's amazing how often people are glad that I do, when a sharp blade is needed... ;)
That's wild. Where I live about 50% of the people I encounter have something clipped to their pocket (including women). I've seen some higher end knives like Spyderco, BM, ZT, and there's a german guy in my neighborhood that carries a custom with a timascus clip. I usually see 3 or 4 people EDCing fixed blades everyday too. Last time I went grocery shopping I noticed someone with a TDI clipped to their pocket.
:unicorn
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Autonomy and Dragonfly!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Caribbean leaf PE.
Lone rider.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:30 pm
Caribbean leaf PE.
Lone rider.

Lone rider?! (Tops?)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Bit of a shipping delay, but better late than never :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
lonerider1013

Post by lonerider1013 »

Vivi wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 am
Wartstein wrote:
Bloke wrote:
Vivi wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:

That's wild. Where I live about 50% of the people I encounter have something clipped to their pocket (including women). I've seen some higher end knives like Spyderco, BM, ZT, and there's a german guy in my neighborhood that carries a custom with a timascus clip. I usually see 3 or 4 people EDCing fixed blades everyday too. Last time I went grocery shopping I noticed someone with a TDI clipped to their pocket.
I think it probably has more to do with regional custom though laws may have an effect. Or demographics.
At the hardware store I always see guys with knives or multitools on their belts or in their pockets, same at the archery range and the firearm range. I think it's just more common on people who are outdoors a lot or maybe in less urban areas.
That's not to say being in a suburb or city you don't need a knife, I believe everyone needs a knife, it's just that a lot of them in areas where it isn't customary handicap themselves by not carrying one, no idea why.
Only one who ever recognized my spyderco clipped in pocket was my physician. He said he had one too.

Lonerider
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
lonerider1013

Post by lonerider1013 »

Native salt today. I need to get a second one just for the heck of it in case something happens to this it's turning into a favorite...
lonerider
vivi

Post by vivi »

lonerider1013 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:40 pm
Vivi wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 am
Wartstein wrote:
Bloke wrote:

I think it probably has more to do with regional custom though laws may have an effect. Or demographics.
At the hardware store I always see guys with knives or multitools on their belts or in their pockets, same at the archery range and the firearm range. I think it's just more common on people who are outdoors a lot or maybe in less urban areas.
That's not to say being in a suburb or city you don't need a knife, I believe everyone needs a knife, it's just that a lot of them in areas where it isn't customary handicap themselves by not carrying one, no idea why.
Only one who ever recognized my spyderco clipped in pocket was my physician. He said he had one too.

Lonerider
I live in a major city, but we have an incredibly strong outdoors scene here. Climbing gyms, mountains and beach nearby, hiking, camping, kayaking, mountain biking.....it's one of the reasons I moved here. You can go to a grocery store and see fixed blades and open carry handguns, go to a bar and see pocket clips on every other person, etc.
lonerider1013

Post by lonerider1013 »

^wish I lived there!
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

20190820_174536-1152x1536.jpg
And this was all done on a factory edge Vivi! :D
Holland

Post by Holland »

Superblue dragonfly and cruwear delica
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:51 pm
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:30 pm
Caribbean leaf PE.
Lone rider.

Lone rider?! (Tops?)
Hm? I don’t understand. :confused:
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
vivi

Post by vivi »

marty_bill_ wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:36 pm
High end sports cars can also be driven with under inflated tires and regular gas. Here's tom with the weather :rolleyes:
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

marty_bill_ wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:36 pm
That’s about the size of the one I ran into, The rocks are deceiving the snake was almost 4 foot long . This snake was kind of spooky. I was hiking on a trail and I almost stepped on it, I was about a foot away. It did not rattle at all until I threw a couple hands full of sand at it to make it leave the trail So I could get back safely with my wife.
Attachments
20DD17E2-E3D5-45DB-86EF-75262A1C9FEF.jpeg
20DD17E2-E3D5-45DB-86EF-75262A1C9FEF.jpeg (68.93 KiB) Viewed 803 times
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
vivi

Post by vivi »

I actually came across a little baby snake walking around the hood last night.

Good thing I had my optimized™ cutting edge serrated Pacific Salt. lol.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Vivi wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:34 pm
I actually came across a little baby snake walking around the hood last night.

Good thing I had my optimized™ cutting edge serrated Pacific Salt. lol.
That is funny. Looks like a little corn snake.

Do you have coral snakes there or are they farther south than NC?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"