What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Mushroom »

Maybe the last fish I ever expected to find while trout fishing in Massachusetts! :eek:

I'm guessing someone (illegally) released their pet goldfish into the pond years ago or someone was (illegally) using goldfish as bait and one of them got away and grew huge. Your guess is as good as mine.
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:09 pm
Maybe the last fish I ever expected to find while trout fishing in Massachusetts! :eek:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/axta1JA.jpg[/img

I'm guessing someone (illegally) released their pet goldfish into the pond years ago or someone was (illegally) using goldfish as bait and one of them got away and grew huge. Your guess is as good as mine.
Almost looks pregnant too
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

Holy cow, that's crazy! Big ole' dang goldfish ...

u.w.
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

u.w. wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 am
I've mentioned it "here and there", but want to say again & here..

Holy Cow there are so many Outstanding photos/knife photos in this tread! ...

I absolutely agree! Love seeing what everyone carries and the great quality pics. (Mine are rarely above acceptable quality, so thanks for including me :) .) I've enjoyed your pics and experiences that you've shared with us. Keep 'em coming!
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

Eh I've seen bigger. :D Nice catch.
"Some call me...Tim?"
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 pm
Mushroom wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/axta1JA.jpg

Almost looks pregnant too
I really hope not! I definitely wouldn't rule that out but I'm being optimistic that this was the only one and it was just fat from an abundance of food source in the pond.
u.w. wrote: Holy cow, that's crazy! Big ole' dang goldfish ...

u.w.
It was shocking to find in a Massachusetts pond! I already know it will be my most unique catch this year. :D
Paraguy wrote:Eh I've seen bigger. :D Nice catch.
I hope this is the biggest and only wild goldfish I ever catch in the United States! Hehe! :cool: Thanks!

---

Slightly closer comparison to the Spydiechef.
FourStringFiend

Post by FourStringFiend »

Caly 3.5 Lightweight where are you!?!?
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:28 pm
u.w. wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 am
I've mentioned it "here and there", but want to say again & here..

Holy Cow there are so many Outstanding photos/knife photos in this tread! ...

I absolutely agree! Love seeing what everyone carries and the great quality pics. (Mine are rarely above acceptable quality, so thanks for including me :) .) I've enjoyed your pics and experiences that you've shared with us. Keep 'em coming!
This forum needs a “like” button for posts.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Mushroom wrote:

Whoa! That's crazy! :eek:

Around here we have piranhas. :D
https://www.lakenewsonline.com/article/ ... /307199860
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

FourStringFiend wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:15 pm
Nice! Always liked the look of this knife, for some reason I always overlook it. Don't see it around here much either!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Mushroom wrote:
I'm guessing someone (illegally) released their pet goldfish into the pond years ago or someone was (illegally) using goldfish as bait and one of them got away and grew huge.
My first thought was that it's a koi. If that's a goldfish, it's the biggest one I've heard of.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
FourStringFiend

Post by FourStringFiend »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 pm
FourStringFiend wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:15 pm
Nice! Always liked the look of this knife, for some reason I always overlook it. Don't see it around here much either!
One of my favorites, but this version is a bit pricey. Endela/PM2 blade length in a Delica sized handle with more grip area. The only downside is the pinned construction but I vaguely remember something about that changing for the LW.

I’m not so patiently waiting the eventual LW or another G10 release.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:40 pm
Mushroom wrote:

Whoa! That's crazy! :eek:

Around here we have piranhas. :D
https://www.lakenewsonline.com/article/ ... /307199860
One overgrown lumbering feeder fish or a pack of ravenous blood thirsty monster fish?
I think I might prefer catching the one off giant goldfish over some piranhas! :D LOL (At least locally)

I've seen some crazy videos of guys fishing for invasive Pacu in Florida. They're relatives of piranha but can grow to nearly 90 lbs. Those look like a lot of fun to fish!
Dan In MI wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm
Mushroom wrote:
I'm guessing someone (illegally) released their pet goldfish into the pond years ago or someone was (illegally) using goldfish as bait and one of them got away and grew huge.
My first thought was that it's a koi. If that's a goldfish, it's the biggest one I've heard of.
Koi was my first thought as well because of the colors but I am 99% sure it is some type of goldfish. :eek: The biggest one I have ever seen too! Koi and goldfish have recognizably different mouths and koi also have barbels next to their mouths.

---

Also had my Lil Native with me today. ;)

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

First time I wished I had a lefty knife... :p

Took a pretty bad fall yesterday, and besides some nice bruises and cuts on arms and legs I dislocated my index finger and thumb. Managed to snap them into place again, but the thumb keeps popping out and its base is blue and three times thicker than it should be...

So I taped it tightly to my hand... no righty thumb flicking at the moment... :rolleyes: :p

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

FourStringFiend wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 pm
[

Thanks, right back at ya :cool: I've yet to dip my toes into the SE game but the way everyone here talks about them I see a Lc200n Pacific Salt 2 SE in my near future.

I Play a Fender Jazz MIM 4 and a Warwick Corvette 5. I'm definitely jealous of yours, those are nice. I'm in the process of scaling down my pedal board in order to get something that's not single coil/jazz setup, just to have something a little different.
Sure, that was how I ended up with the 2 I got. Seems to handle everything I could ever want. Got flats on the P, then the HH setup on the ray is very versatile.

Okay, back to knife pics. Unfortunately no Spyderco for me today :(
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:24 am
First time I wished I had a lefty knife... :p ...

Sorry to hear that! Hope it gets better quick!
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Wartstein wrote:

Took a pretty bad fall yesterday, and besides some nice bruises and cuts on arms and legs I dislocated my index finger and thumb. Managed to snap them into place again, but the thumb keeps popping out and its base is blue and three times thicker than it should be...

So I taped it tightly to my hand... no righty thumb flicking at the moment... :rolleyes: :p

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/FsJhS4mL/20210509-091356.jpg[img]
Sorry to hear that Wartstein! Warmest wishes for a speedy recovery! But knowing you the little I know you, I'm sure you will be back on the mountains pretty soon!

Hey, looking it on the bright side, at least your favourite knives are perfectly ambidextrous! ;)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:57 am
Wartstein wrote:
First time I wished I had a lefty knife... :p ...

Sorry to hear that! Hope it gets better quick!

Thanks, but it's no big deal. Things like this are pretty common when one is always running and climbing around in the mountains (not just with me, but with all my buddies too) ;)

It's just "funny": I think I actually never had an injury before that stopped me from using my Spydies properly...
Last edited by Wartstein on Sun May 09, 2021 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Filoso- wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:00 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sorry to hear that Wartstein! Warmest wishes for a speedy recovery! But knowing you the little I know you, I'm sure you will be back on the mountains pretty soon!

Hey, looking it on the bright side, at least your favourite knives are perfectly ambidextrous! ;)

Thanks to you too, I appreciate it... but again, nothing to worry about at all, just shared this as sidestory to my knifepic today ;)

And hey, it's a sunny Sunday here! I am actually on my way out - a bit slower, no climbing, but a nice little hike ain't bad too :)
Menipo

Post by Menipo »

Wartstein wrote:

Get well soon! I hope that, in addition to those "home repairs", you went to see a doctor. Often injuries that do not heal well from the beginning become chronic. And better to be cautious than to take that risk ...
Si vis pacem para bellum ;)