What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spydersense

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Spydersense »

RickC27 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:41 pm
I mean this/question this in the most respectful way as possible, honestly...people like yourself, obviously create your sig to show off all the super steels and rare models you've obtained, which is great. Good for you to be able to afford or find all of these! But...do you really use any of these knives, or are they all for bragging or taking pics for Instagram? Sooo many pics in here with maxamet, M4, 52100, etc with no evidence of a shred of use. I see a lot of people like that, that wont even strike conversation with someone that finds, say an S30V steel as a great, acceptable, respectable steel. I see a lot of people in the knife world similar to those in the auto industry. Say theres a group of Challenger owners, those with a Hellcat wont even speak to those with a V6 model. Im not accusing you of being one of those people! As i said, thats quite a stable of blades you have there. Ive even seen it during my breif time here, only those who carry the super steels are involved in conversation with others in that hierarchy.
To whom are you referring?
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
noddy

Post by noddy »

Lil Lum! Love it
SG89

Post by SG89 »

RickC27 wrote:
I mean this/question this in the most respectful way as possible, honestly...people like yourself, obviously create your sig to show off all the super steels and rare models you've obtained, which is great. Good for you to be able to afford or find all of these! But...do you really use any of these knives, or are they all for bragging or taking pics for Instagram? Sooo many pics in here with maxamet, M4, 52100, etc with no evidence of a shred of use. I see a lot of people like that, that wont even strike conversation with someone that finds, say an S30V steel as a great, acceptable, respectable steel. I see a lot of people in the knife world similar to those in the auto industry. Say theres a group of Challenger owners, those with a Hellcat wont even speak to those with a V6 model. Im not accusing you of being one of those people! As i said, thats quite a stable of blades you have there. Ive even seen it during my breif time here, only those who carry the super steels are involved in conversation with others in that hierarchy.
Not sure who you are referring to but every person uses their knives differently... Some "ride them hard and put them away wet" others use them for light duty such as opening envelopes/boxes/food prep and others collect them and take pictures for the 'gram. Either way we are all spyderco lovers here so what does it matter how the knives are used? I have not personally witnessed any steel snobbery here and generally find people here to be nice and helpful? I find S30V great but "super steels" are always going to catch people's attention bc they are the newest.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Time to smoke some meats

Josh
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Putting away the custom CF m4 DLC to carry my spydiechef, it's lunch time.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

SUPERSTAR wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:31 pm
A small bird of prey so as not to scare anyone.
Nice! Last time I tried to walk into a hospital carrying my HBDFly they made me leave it at the front desk. I suppose you get a pass if you work there though :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Recent Spyderhawk purchase has me carrying my Superhawk and Harpies

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Advocate
20180317_150447-1632x918.jpg
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

RickC27 wrote:
I own knives in both Maxamet and M4 and I use them hard on the job.
Personally, I would find it extremely difficult to buy a quality knife and lock it up in a safe, never use it. That just doesn't seem right. ;) But I don't have any problem if others wish to do so. It's their money.

I'm relatively new on the forum but I haven't seen any steel snobbery either. If anything it's the other way around - I more hear folks being cautious/suspicious about the latest and greatest steel.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

RickC27 wrote:

an appropriate comment you chose to be your 100th post,
aimed at whoever it was aimed,
and in a thread of mostly pics and short text :D

celebrating your "joining the forums" with us? :p
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Filoso- wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:09 am
Very nice!

BTW Filoso, you have some terrific photography skills! I really enjoy your Spyderco photos.
- Connor

mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Spyderco Introvert.jpg
my brand new Introvert. This almost looks like a sprint run, fit and finish are special. A very fine build. The wire pocket clip feels like it is welded shut. I have not tried to force it onto a pocket I think it would eat my jeans. I did clip it to my belt and it was very difficult to pull free. I hope this loosens up. No other Spyderco clip that I have even comes close to being as tight.
Last edited by mjdragonfly on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calgary on the Bow
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Doing some hard work with the shaman. Splitting kindling and such.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

The Dragonfly.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Great dye job! ^
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:32 am

Very nice!

BTW Filoso, you have some terrific photography skills! I really enjoy your Spyderco photos.
Thank you for your kind words Meat man!
I also really enjoy looking the pics shared by others forumites. My pics aren't so good compared with some others in this forum...there are real photography masters here, believe me!
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

My Lil' Native today...I have been messing with it a little bit (simple mods). I added a sharpening choil, and just last night took it apart and sanded the G-10 to almost smooth. It has just a slight bit of texture to it still, so I may take it down again and get it fully smooth. But man, I like it! The look and feel are really different and I like it a lot.
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek