What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Rwb1500 wrote:I'm carrying two, but you'll have to guess what they are.
Caly Jr. Micarta

Pkal
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Finally slapped a deep carry clip on it, now it sings in its perfection!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: Finally slapped a deep carry clip on it, now it sings in its perfection!
I love that clip! Did you make it?

Ken
玉鋼
RadioactiveSpyder

kbuzbee wrote:I love that clip! Did you make it?

Ken
Hi Ken, wish I could take credit but I just hit the buy button! This is my second clip like this from blade4sell on eBay, they sell really excellent, very strong polished Ti clips (some heat treated, anodized, etc) that I couldn't recommend more strongly. I got one for my 204P PM2 and one now for this guy, both the same style and both rock solid. Managed to get them for about $20 each though, so they are a little pricey (and $35 if you buy one direct without the auction); they are well worth it though in my book as I a fanatical deep pocket carrier. Cheers, Paul :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

^^^^ Also, I would avoid all other sellers of Spyderco Ti clips on eBay, it seems all others I tried are junk. Not heat treated or whatever but super flimsy. These clips above are the real deal.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Untitled by senorsquare, on Flickr
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

These two plus my Manbug that is in my signature. I forced a patina on my GB last night.

Just noticed my Manbug in this pic but with the green bone scales. In this pic it was just something to prop up the Chaparral.

Why do you think Spyderco sent me a blurry Chaparral 2??? :)
Sig Savvy

Post by Sig Savvy »

To make up for my transgression for posting about my Meadowlark 2 in here last week I can now say that I have my Ambitious on me. :D
Noah

Post by Noah »

My Spyderco Endura FFG, plain edged, blue handles. One of my favorite materiel objects of all time. :spyder:
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

You are forgiven Savvy. :)

Jack
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Sig Savvy wrote:To make up for my transgression for posting about my Meadowlark 2 in here last week I can now say that I have my Ambitious on me. :D
Congratulations! It's a great little knife. I got one and I soon went on to a green Tenacious (also a blue Persistence). They're actually a great series of smooth operating knives. (The stone washed "Dr. Jones" Tenacious on the Cuscadi site is awesome http://www.cuscadi.de/2013/03/22/spyder ... -dr-jones/)

And by the way, it wasn't any transgression! :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MadMaximus

Post by MadMaximus »

Salt 1 in black today, it's a good lightweight knife.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Scored a Caly 3/CF on BF. I wouldn't have bought this if it hadn't been a crazy good price but I'm glad I did because this is a really sweet knife. I'd still like to replace the Caly 3 SB that I foolishly let go, but this will tide me over til I can find the right one.

Untitled by senorsquare, on Flickr
Sig Savvy

Post by Sig Savvy »

Thanks, guys. I really do like the Ambitious. I'm not a heavy knife user but I like having one on me. Of all the knives I've checked out so far, the Native is the one that I'm jonesing for the most...I figured I'd start small to see how I like them and now I know...I'll need to beg, borrow and steal to get one but hopefully I can make that happen!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Talk of the Howes exclusive has me all excited so I put a PM2 (in M390) back in my pocket to mark the occasion :rolleyes: .

ETA: This "exclusive" now seems a gross mischaracterization, but I'll still keep the PM2 in my pocket.
-Marc (pocketing a Maxamet Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

These three are in my pocket today. It's a wire clip convention.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Still in my PJs this morning, so only my G10 D-fly so far. But I like the pics on this page, guys. Suddenly I realize I need a VG-10 Caly 3 to go with my super blue, and I've always known I need a SB 3.5 to go with my ZDP...

And what's the talk of a Howe's exclusive? I just see the nishijin Damascus Stretch, which I thought I didn't want until I saw the blue one on the site this morning (don't normally like blue), and it calls to some primal instinct... which probably proves this is just caffeine talking :p .

But I was intrigued by Landon's photo of the Super Leaf, Spyderedge Caly, and... is that a Pingo with a prosthetic thumb stud? (may have been a little miscegenation going on there, which is fine with me ;) )

Landon, I think you have a good instinct for composition, and I have to show my ignorance and ask what those straps have been used for... :confused: not computer cable...

xceptnl wrote:These three are in my pocket today. It's a wire clip convention.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
RadioactiveSpyder

This pair - one of my stock Bert and Ernie pairs :)

NoFair

Post by NoFair »

PM2 clipped to the front of my skiing jacket in the mountains