What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Awesome photos!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Holland wrote:Awesome photos!
Got lucky with the light. Cell phone shots on the soccer field while watching my son practice.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thats calendar worthy
-Spencer

Rotation:
Ned

Post by Ned »

[quote="3rdGenRigger"]I absolutely love it. Of the Stretch/Delica/Endura, I prefer the ergonomics of the Stretch, which is why I made it my choice in FRN. I've gifted 2 ZDP-189 standard Delicas, and though they're nice, I didn't think it would kick my Chaparral or Techno out of my pocket. I've almost caved and bought a ZDP Stretch a few times, but I knew the SuperBlue was coming so I preordered that one in August and waited. I actually wasn't planning on having an Endura or Delica in my collection, but held that very Delica in my local knife store and was surprised by how much I liked it, and it ended up being a Christmas present for me...and I carry it fairly frequently. It's a little heavier than a normal Delica, and a fair bit thinner which is what really sells it in my hand. It's thinner than a CF Chaparral despite having a thicker blade. The handle edges are also rounded just the right amount and it feels significantly more solid than the FRN model. When I first saw it I initially didn't like the blade being darker than the handle, but it has very definitely grown on me. The scales are beadblasted and have a very subtle tan hue when compared to the stainless lockbar and the damascus blade really is nicer seen in person than through a picture. I consider it a gentlemans folder because it is very elegant in appearance, and I'll likely have to get the Endura version coming this year. That's all I can think off the top of my head about it right now, though I've undoubtedly missed mentioning something I wanted to. If you have more questions or want a comparison picture side by side with a FRN Delica I could go grab the one I gave my dad for a comparison photo...here's a few more I took of it today.

I just got one today, I'm stoked! it is nice. The lock is so rock solid it, it locks up with that authoritative snap/click that seems to be amplified with those titanium scales. I am right there with you on the gentleman's folder concept, I was originally going to get the GB Air but changed my mind when I saw this beauty.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Ned

Post by Ned »

I just got one today, I'm stoked! it is nice. The lock is so rock solid it, it locks up with that authoritative snap/click that seems to be amplified with those titanium scales. I am right there with you on the gentleman's folder concept, I was originally going to get the GB Air but changed my mind when I saw this beauty.
3rdGenRigger wrote:I absolutely love it. Of the Stretch/Delica/Endura, I prefer the ergonomics of the Stretch, which is why I made it my choice in FRN. I've gifted 2 ZDP-189 standard Delicas, and though they're nice, I didn't think it would kick my Chaparral or Techno out of my pocket. I've almost caved and bought a ZDP Stretch a few times, but I knew the SuperBlue was coming so I preordered that one in August and waited. I actually wasn't planning on having an Endura or Delica in my collection, but held that very Delica in my local knife store and was surprised by how much I liked it, and it ended up being a Christmas present for me...and I carry it fairly frequently. It's a little heavier than a normal Delica, and a fair bit thinner which is what really sells it in my hand. It's thinner than a CF Chaparral despite having a thicker blade. The handle edges are also rounded just the right amount and it feels significantly more solid than the FRN model. When I first saw it I initially didn't like the blade being darker than the handle, but it has very definitely grown on me. The scales are beadblasted and have a very subtle tan hue when compared to the stainless lockbar and the damascus blade really is nicer seen in person than through a picture. I consider it a gentlemans folder because it is very elegant in appearance, and I'll likely have to get the Endura version coming this year. That's all I can think off the top of my head about it right now, though I've undoubtedly missed mentioning something I wanted to. If you have more questions or want a comparison picture side by side with a FRN Delica I could go grab the one I gave my dad for a comparison photo...here's a few more I took of it today.

:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Ned wrote:I just got one today, I'm stoked! it is nice. The lock is so rock solid it, it locks up with that authoritative snap/click that seems to be amplified with those titanium scales. I am right there with you on the gentleman's folder concept, I was originally going to get the GB Air but changed my mind when I saw this beauty.
I'm sorry to tell you this Ned. But until you put a picture of a new Spyderco on this forum you don't really have it. You are imagining it. So, please put a picture of your knife here so you can become the rightful owner. :) When I started buying Spyderco's I didn't have a camera. I had to buy a camera so I could finally claim 100% ownership of my knives. :D

Jack

PS
Actually, I got the camera because I had a new grandson. :D I didn't even know how to spell "grandson" once upon a time. Now I can spell it. Like this: "a reason to live". :) That's just between you and me. Don't tell anyone. :)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

These are the knives that picked me today.

Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

Orange endura 4. My faithful work knife. Inexpensive enough to replace if I break or lose it, but still a big step up from a buck 110 in cutting performance. Love that VG-10 steel. Easy to get razor sharp, and easy to maintain.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

It's an M4 kinda day...

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Same here... 2nd from bottom. And the SE always as backup in my bag.

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
RealKnifeUser

Post by RealKnifeUser »

Military DLC, freshly sharpened on a DMT Coarse plate, 3pps on Chrome Oxide loaded leather.
"The skeptic does not mean he who doubts, but he who investigates or researches, as opposed to he who asserts and thinks that he has found."
- Miguel de Unamuno

Military Black G-10 DLC, Byrd Meadowlark 2 G-10, Lil Matriarch, Pacific Salt SE yellow, Endura 4 ffg brown, Native FRN PE, Dragonfly 2 Orange, Ulize, Sharpmaker and UF rods. Also, Cold Steel Voyager XL Clip PE, Kershaw Volt II (on loan), many fixed blades, and a KP strop block.
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
Ned

Post by Ned »

jackknifeh wrote:I'm sorry to tell you this Ned. But until you put a picture of a new Spyderco on this forum you don't really have it. You are imagining it. So, please put a picture of your knife here so you can become the rightful owner. :) When I started buying Spyderco's I didn't have a camera. I had to buy a camera so I could finally claim 100% ownership of my knives. :D

Jack

PS
Actually, I got the camera because I had a new grandson. :D I didn't even know how to spell "grandson" once upon a time. Now I can spell it. Like this: "a reason to live". :) That's just between you and me. Don't tell anyone. :)
Uhhh.....What? I posted a pic on this thread. Well here I go again. [ATTACH]23473[/ATTACH] BTW, carried it again today!
Attachments
Delica4TiD.jpg

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Cool...your Delica looks to have a much more random pattern than mine. Mine is fairly linear, with the layers not really crossing each other. It sure has won my favour, much more than I'd have expected.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

This one...again...

---> Branden
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

---> Branden
Holland

Post by Holland »

-Spencer

Rotation:
hom76

Post by hom76 »

In my pocket today is this little guy.

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*