What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pig Iron

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Pig Iron »

M Sea

Post by M Sea »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:10 pm
It begins!!!
Awesome shot!!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:10 pm
It begins!!!
Great pic! Someday, I'll take up foraging and mushroom hunting.
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

vivi

Post by vivi »

:unicorn
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Native 5 S35VN, first day with it. Loving it so far.
vivi wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:58 pm
Get any weird comments when people that don't understand patinas see it? The Cru-wear Manix 2 I have looked almost black when I bought it. Looking back it was probably a forced patina too.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:03 pm
Native 5 S35VN, first day with it. Loving it so far.
vivi wrote:
Get any weird comments when people that don't understand patinas see it? The Cru-wear Manix 2 I have looked almost black when I bought it. Looking back it was probably a forced patina too.
Is that the second from the Spyderco Swap? I was tempted by that but decided to order a Salt version instead.

No comments on the blade yet besides from my daughter. No one ever seems to notice pocket knives here.

Makes me wonder if there are cities where people really do notice the blade length difference between a Delica and Dragonfly, or that perceive black or pointy tipped knives as more scary. My life experience leaves me to believe its mostly in peoples heads.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

vivi wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Is that the second from the Spyderco Swap? I was tempted by that but decided to order a Salt version instead.

No comments on the blade yet besides from my daughter. No one ever seems to notice pocket knives here.

Makes me wonder if there are cities where people really do notice the blade length difference between a Delica and Dragonfly, or that perceive black or pointy tipped knives as more scary. My life experience leaves me to believe its mostly in peoples heads.
Yes it is, thanks for setting all that up. I'm sure it's only the first from there. I too have been tempted to get the Salt.

I tried to lend my blacked out Gerber Mini-Swagger to a co-worker. He held it and look at me and said "what do you do stab people with this?" He didn't use it, just handed it back to me. That only had a three inch blade.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:50 pm
vivi wrote:

Yes it is, thanks for setting all that up. I'm sure it's only the first from there. I too have been tempted to get the Salt.

I tried to lend my blacked out Gerber Mini-Swagger to a co-worker. He held it and look at me and said "what do you do stab people with this?" He didn't use it, just handed it back to me. That only had a three inch blade.
Last time someone said that to me (jokingly, years ago) I replied "Why are you thinking about harming people? You ok?" :D Fun turning the tables back on them so to speak.
JMM

Post by JMM »

Chubby & Caly

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

vivi wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:41 pm
Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
vivi wrote:

Last time someone said that to me (jokingly, years ago) I replied "Why are you thinking about harming people? You ok?" :D Fun turning the tables back on them so to speak.
For me to even show a knife to someone they need to demonstrate first they are aware of knives better than gas station grade. I’ve learned the hard way to not loan my knives in general, or at the very least to find out what they want to do with it.
Last edited by Woodpuppy on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Posted this pic before, but carried the Matriarch today and remembered this one :p

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
vivi

Post by vivi »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:24 pm
Posted this pic before, but carried the Matriarch today and remembered this one :p

What, you gonna stab someone? :D
Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:23 pm
vivi wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:41 pm
Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
vivi wrote:

For me to even show a knife to someone they need to demonstrate first they are aware of knives better than gas station grade. I’ve learned the hard way to not loan my knives in general, or at the very least to find out what they want to do with it.
"You gotta knife?"

"I do. What would you like me to cut for you?

I don't do loaners. ;)
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Exactamundo!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

vivi wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 pm
"You gotta knife?"

I don't do loaners. ;)
Yeah, this is my typical response too.

Actually, I do have a Cold Steel Voyager that I keep at work available to anyone who needs a knife. I don't care what happens to that one. My CRK, not so much. :rolleyes: :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Africanintexas

Post by Africanintexas »

Police 4 in k390 has kicked all the others out the pocket except for when I’m at work as then the Urban is just about perfect.
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

vivi wrote:

Very nice job. How do You get such nice dark patina?
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:06 pm
vivi wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 pm
"You gotta knife?"

I don't do loaners. ;)
Yeah, this is my typical response too.

Actually, I do have a Cold Steel Voyager that I keep at work available to anyone who needs a knife. I don't care what happens to that one. My CRK, not so much. :rolleyes: :D
I also keep a few loaners around.
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

vivi wrote:
That Patina is awesome!