What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
TKCSA
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:38 pm
Location: South...Wayyyy South.

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby TKCSA » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:47 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:56 pm
TKCSA wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 am
Today I have a special one in my pocket - 12 years old but still looks like she only left Japan yesterday.

She is also not known for respecting the cohesive properties between materials....

Nice pic and imho underrated knife!
I had one too, very light, good amount of edge and one of the very few Spydies with 2.00 (thin! = good :D ) bladestock.
Sometimes regret that I sold mine: I much preferred ffg at the time, and actually still do, but the sabre/hollow actually is amazing in this model

/ Can´t see it too well on my cellphone screen, but it looks like you gave the Centofante a nice, coarse edge - ?!
Thank you sir :) I enjoy the thin bladestock and it definitely slices very well. It is indeed a nice and toothy edge, but not my personal work - a friend who is much more skilled than myself put that edge on :D

Rub53
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Rub53 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:01 pm

At work ( witch is most of the time) pm2 black g10 dlc s30v! Need to get a soldering iron to remove the pivit screw to put my custom ti scales on my new satin m4 tanto pm2 , to bad the mail man took the dlc m4 tanto to the wrong house.... Gone forever 😭

Bemo
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Bemo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:47 pm

sal wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:32 am
K390 Stretch 2 straight spine.

sal
Sal you tease!! I have one on pre-order. Can't wait.

Bemo
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Bemo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:50 pm

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:41 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:27 am
Darby, perhaps you could post a more close up shot of this knife, in a resolution as high as possible?
An old patina! This is the original patina that was formed naturally. It was never forced and has never been buffed out.
Image
Wow, love the Wabi Sabi of this. I'm just not patient enough to stick with one knife long enough to get such a great finish. Tells a story it does!

Bemo
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Bemo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:51 pm

TKCSA wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 am
Today I have a special one in my pocket - 12 years old but still looks like she only left Japan yesterday.

She is also not known for respecting the cohesive properties between materials....

Image
I've been drawn to these for a while. I will cave soon I think. But I'd love to see this as an updated design with screw construction and upgraded materials, say k390?

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 8969
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Wartstein » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:19 am

Bemo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:50 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:41 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:27 am
Darby, perhaps you could post a more close up shot of this knife, in a resolution as high as possible?
An old patina! This is the original patina that was formed naturally. It was never forced and has never been buffed out.
Image
Wow, love the Wabi Sabi of this. I'm just not patient enough to stick with one knife long enough to get such a great finish. Tells a story it does!

For my personal taste this would be an absolute perfect calendar pic. Love to look at that blade, it "does tell a story it does" indeed. :)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
rescueseven
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:45 am
Location: 23.48° @ 67,275.59 meters from Spyderco

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby rescueseven » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:47 am

Image
El Jefe
"Don't tempt me, I'll do a sprint run of it!" -Eric
"We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
WTC #1398 Bless their souls

w3tnz
Member
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm
Location: NZL

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby w3tnz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:21 am

black delica c/e with lynch clip :spyder:

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 8969
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Wartstein » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:26 am

rescueseven wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:47 am
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Matus
Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 pm
Location: Germany

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Matus » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:21 am

Brouwer. I love that dude.
... I like weird :spyder: ...

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 8969
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Wartstein » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:35 am

Cold day short run to and in castle and park of Hellbrunn near Salzburg - of course running buddy Chap in my pocket! :)

This is a castle and pleasure grounds built in the early sixteenhundreds by the then prince archbishop of Salzburg (here https://www.hellbrunn.at/en/ is their nice homepage, including some virtual tours you can click, which are really worth watching! (generally and should one like to see some of the surrounding to where I live ;) )). Scroll down to the bottom of the site and there is also a short clip.

The Salzburg archbishops back then were quite different than to what people nowadays would expect from a catholic high church dignitary... ;) : Both secular and clerical rulers, sometimes even warlords, had huge amounts of power and the only thing they did not was marry.. but they still had mistresses and children of course.

Image
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
TKCSA
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:38 pm
Location: South...Wayyyy South.

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby TKCSA » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 am

Bemo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:51 pm
TKCSA wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 am
Today I have a special one in my pocket - 12 years old but still looks like she only left Japan yesterday.

She is also not known for respecting the cohesive properties between materials....

Image
I've been drawn to these for a while. I will cave soon I think. But I'd love to see this as an updated design with screw construction and upgraded materials, say k390?
I am sure you will enjoy the knife! It is a elegant and beautiful knife that cuts very well. I have never found the rivets to be a concern - the knife is still solid as a rock after years of use. However if an upgrade is made available I will purchase one for sure!

PSquared
Member
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby PSquared » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:10 am

Image

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 6441
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby TkoK83Spy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:15 am

Resized_20210215_142606.jpeg
21 :spyder:'s in 14 different steels
1- Zero Tolerance 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - Bradford Guardian 3/Wharnie Vanadis 4E
1 - WE Knives Gentry

-Rick

PSquared
Member
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby PSquared » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:15 am

TKCSA wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 am
Bemo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:51 pm
TKCSA wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 am
Today I have a special one in my pocket - 12 years old but still looks like she only left Japan yesterday.

She is also not known for respecting the cohesive properties between materials....

Image
I've been drawn to these for a while. I will cave soon I think. But I'd love to see this as an updated design with screw construction and upgraded materials, say k390?
I am sure you will enjoy the knife! It is a elegant and beautiful knife that cuts very well. I have never found the rivets to be a concern - the knife is still solid as a rock after years of use. However if an upgrade is made available I will purchase one for sure!
The Centofante 3 is probably one of the most under rated Spydercos and it is time for a bit of CQI. I may have mentioned once or twice in the past that it is, I think, the longest running model in the catalogue that hasn't seen any CQI.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 8969
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Wartstein » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:22 am

PSquared wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:15 am
TKCSA wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 am
Bemo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:51 pm
TKCSA wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 am
The Centofante 3 is probably one of the most under rated Spydercos and it is time for a bit of CQI. I may have mentioned once or twice in the past that it is, I think, the longest running model in the catalogue that hasn't seen any CQI.

Agree and exactly what I said in my reply to his post!
The one I had was perfect and would not have needed any upgrade, but I am sure that Spyderco could come up with things to even make the model better.
I sold mine back then cause I thought I would always prefer ffg over sabre hollow. I was wrong. Generally I still want ffg, but in this knife the hollow grind is actually great.
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
PStone
Member
Posts: 1595
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby PStone » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:23 am

The best winter knife I own:
Native Salt SE
Image

I always seemed to associate the salt series with the ocean and beach. Took me a while to realize they’re perfect for outdoor winter utility use. Not just tropical weather.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 8969
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby Wartstein » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:46 am

PStone wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:23 am
The best winter knife I own:
Native Salt SE

I always seemed to associate the salt series with the ocean and beach. Took me a while to realize they’re perfect for outdoor winter utility use. Not just tropical weather.

You are a wise man. :)
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 4145
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby JuPaul » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:50 am

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:22 am
PSquared wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:15 am
TKCSA wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 am
Bemo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:51 pm
The Centofante 3 is probably one of the most under rated Spydercos and it is time for a bit of CQI. I may have mentioned once or twice in the past that it is, I think, the longest running model in the catalogue that hasn't seen any CQI.

Agree and exactly what I said in my reply to his post!
The one I had was perfect and would not have needed any upgrade, but I am sure that Spyderco could come up with things to even make the model better.
I sold mine back then cause I thought I would always prefer ffg over sabre hollow. I was wrong. Generally I still want ffg, but in this knife the hollow grind is actually great.
I'm really not sure why I don't have one of these. They're not expensive, I generally love hollow grinds, and I love the sleek long lines of the design. It's been on my wish list forever. Maybe it should be my next Spydie!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 10406
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Postby bearfacedkiller » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:59 am

Image
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 00max00, Abyss_Fish, Accutron, bearfacedkiller, Bing [Bot], FourStringFiend, JuPaul, Lumpy, Mushroom, skeeg11, Spydergirl88, Tgmr05 and 41 guests