What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Buddafucco »

Lil & a Chief

•• Beau
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

An old friend. I used to carry this all the time.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Not quite in my pocket.

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:34 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:39 am
Thank you for posting this.

I sold mine a long time ago. But, I have been wanting to get another and remove the tab. Looks great!
No, thank you sir! It is a million times better without that flipper tab! Such an awesome knife!
Josh
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:10 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:34 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:39 am
Thank you for posting this.

I sold mine a long time ago. But, I have been wanting to get another and remove the tab. Looks great!
No, thank you sir! It is a million times better without that flipper tab! Such an awesome knife!
My detent is so strong I don't use the Spydie hole at all. I did buy it as a flipper after all.
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:14 am
PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Man, I like this QBall design more and more... it would really deserve a CBBL rerun, as suggested in Bemos thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88821).
It looks like a great utility, work knife, and as such, IF we ever see a CBBL QBall, I think it should at least come in a version that is not TOO exclusive and expensive, but in an affordable, FRN/BD1N version for example...

It is a great design! Though, I would also like it better if the ball were caged (I doubt it would be called the Q Ball if that were the case). My simple addition of paracord in front of the ball works great for me and I may try to make something similar out of PVC.

As someone who was hopeful for a <3" Manix and who picked up a preference for wharncliffes this past year, the Q Ball's discounted price was perfect timing just made too much sense for me.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Can't say I've missed carrying a folder.
:unicorn
PStone

Post by PStone »

Fancy Pants Friday!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:18 am
An old friend. I used to carry this all the time.

Man! Darby, each knife you casually revive out of your safe is an absolute gem!! The third in a row now... :eek:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:28 pm
Man! Darby, each knife you casually revive out of your safe is an absolute gem!! The third in a row now... :eek:
I know right!? I've been loving his posts this week. Pulling out some rare ones that we never see these days :cool:
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Holland

Post by Holland »

20210212_133048_copy_3024x1701.jpg
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Explorador wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:32 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Explorador wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:47 am
Gernot,

if there was no custom regulations between Austria and Switzerland, I would gladly send the p4 to you for a couple of weeks for you to try this wonder yourself.

I carry it inside the front wright pocket, so that the folder can move inside the pocket when walking or sitting down, and it is so comfortable, that no words can do it justice.

(Vivi and Thom C I tried to quote your posts concerning this too, but I don´t know how to quote posts from not the same page..)

Very kind of you to think of that! :)
But yes, shipping from Switzerland to Austria and back really is kind of a hazzle...

Now, concerning size/bulk in the pocket:

I too almost always carry RFP
There are three categories concerning how a knife carries for me:

1.) Width: Does not matter at all for me. I normally have nothing else in my RFP, so a wider knife is just fine or even better than a narrower one, sine the wider one is more stable in the pocket
2.) Length: There absolutely is a limit there for me. The Endura is just short enough, but tending to be a bit long in the pocket already. When wearing jeans and riding a bicycle or doing higher steps when going uphill, it can get a bit uncomfortable or even begins to get pushed out of the pocket by the movement of the thigh
3.) Weight; Most times not a real concern, if the knife is not TOO heavy (so lets say under 130 , 140 grams).
BUT: For some scenarios (light shorts, or in some kinds of mountaineering where every oz of weight one brings counts) I like to have folders as light as possible.

So: A Manix 2 LW really is a small knife for me personally (in my carry), while a Police certainly would be pretty large for me.
And since the Endura has enough cutting edge for me already (but everything with less edge is a bit short for me), I don´t really need a Police, though I´d sure like to try one.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:31 pm
Wartstein wrote:
I know right!? I've been loving his posts this week. Pulling out some rare ones that we never see these days :cool:

Can´t wait for his next one! :)

Hope he keeps surprising us... ;)
Right now I´d subscribe to "bear faced killer" if this was possible, just to make sure I won´t miss his next gem... :p
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
I’ll keep it rolling. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:08 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
I’ll keep it rolling. ;)
Hope so! :)
JMM

Post by JMM »

My first Blue Denim Micarta scales, I really like 'em & the SE Para3 is such an underappreciated model

:)
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Still in the honeymoon stage.

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JMM wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:42 pm
My first Blue Denim Micarta scales, I really like 'em & the SE Para3 is such an underappreciated model

Thanks for sharing! I actually think about giving one of my Stretches Denim Micarta scales (though personally I´d like them a bit darker than yours, but they still look great! :) ) - where did you get yours?

/ Yes, I am sure the Para 3 SE is underappreciated, like still SE in general is! But that seems to slowly get better, at least here on this forum - ?!
JMM

Post by JMM »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:32 am
JMM wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Thanks for sharing! I actually think about giving one of my Stretches Denim Micarta scales (though personally I´d like them a bit darker than yours, but they still look great! :) ) - where did you get yours?

/ Yes, I am sure the Para 3 SE is underappreciated, like still SE in general is! But that seems to slowly get better, at least here on this forum - ?!
Yeah, if they offered a darker shade of blue I would have gone that route, but they look and feel great, I got them at Knives Plus, They're well made, great texture, fit and finish are on point. [+1] for the SE Para3! ;)

Cheers,

John