What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Mushroom »

Para 3 LW :D

-Nick :bug-red
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:23 am
Frisbee Golf?

I was spending some time with my father and I nabbed his(mine...) Baby Horn. Here's it next to my Caribbean.

I've had two Baby Horns... The first one, my father decided he liked more than I did. I bought another and was coerced into selling it to a friend after quite a few "hints".
I'll eventually buy another...

...I will guard it like a bulldog!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
vivi

Post by vivi »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:02 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Frisbee Golf?

I was spending some time with my father and I nabbed his(mine...) Baby Horn. Here's it next to my Caribbean.

I've had two Baby Horns... The first one, my father decided he liked more than I did. I bought another and was coerced into selling it to a friend after quite a few "hints".
I'll eventually buy another...

...I will guard it like a bulldog!
That's disc golf ya newb :D
:unicorn
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Frisbee Golf?
Yep! :) haha but like Vivi said, Its usually referred to as "disc golf" because of the difference between a frisbee and these discs. Frisbees are typically designed to be caught by another person, where as these discs are made to thrown into a chain basket. They're made with many different profiles that change their flight characteristics and effective range.

It's worth trying at least. Surprisingly fun and relatively inexpensive to get into.
:spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:48 pm
Wow! Is that a blade swap between a titanium Delica and a Lil Matriarch? Looks great.

This morning's ride with coffee:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Frisbee Golf?
Yep! :) haha but like Vivi said, Its usually referred to as "disc golf" because of the difference between a frisbee and these discs. Frisbees are typically designed to be caught by another person, where as these discs are made to thrown into a chain basket. They're made with many different profiles that change their flight characteristics and effective range.

It's worth trying at least. Surprisingly fun and relatively inexpensive to get into.
I've played it for years, I just always call them frisbees. Pretty sure I still have a set from WAY back in the day that is Frisbee brand.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

My bees were in a crate in the back of the pickup. The bottle of stabil leaked on them and they melted/deformed :( my favorite was always the floppy putter, I never could make them fly the way they were supposed to. But it’s fun anyway!!
cwoods

Post by cwoods »

PM2 52100; PM2 K390; Para 3 Rex 45; Stretch 2 V-Toku2
vivi

Post by vivi »

;)
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
sok

Post by sok »

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I am such a lucky man: Mountains, sun, and a great Spydie. Who could ask for anything more? :)

- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mushroom wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Frisbee Golf?

Like about twenty years ago I was a bit into frisbee, even played some Ultimate.
At some point I was arrogant enough to somehow think, I kind of "invented" a form of disc golf... ;)
It was not known as a sport in Europe at all at that time, as far as I can recall.
I was looking for a way to do frisbee-throwing all alone, cause I did not have too many buddies who were interested. So I set up a parcour in a large park, had to hit lets say a certain tree, than into a dustbin, than have the disc to land on a certain bench and so on... counted the throws necessary, and tried to break the records I set. And really thought "Maybe this will become a real sport someday"... ;)

I´d like to try REAL disc golf, but there aren´t any parcours close to where I live. And I only have Ultimate Discs and Freestyle Discs.
[ Enough off topic now... ;) )
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
vivi

Post by vivi »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:11 am
Mushroom wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Frisbee Golf?

Like about twenty years ago I was a bit into frisbee, even played some Ultimate.
At some point I was arrogant enough to somehow think, I kind of "invented" a form of disc golf... ;)
It was not known as a sport in Europe at all at that time, as far as I can recall.
I was looking for a way to do frisbee-throwing all alone, cause I did not have too many buddies who were interested. So I set up a parcour in a large park, had to hit lets say a certain tree, than into a dustbin, than have the disc to land on a certain bench and so on... counted the throws necessary, and tried to break the records I set. And really thought "Maybe this will become a real sport someday"... ;)

I´d like to try REAL disc golf, but there aren´t any parcours close to where I live. And I only have Ultimate Discs and Freestyle Discs.
[ Enough off topic now... ;) )
I don't see Salzburg listed, but maybe one of these courses is close by?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile/b ... _distance=

I could send some discs your way if you want to try out some modern ones! Just like knives, disc golf tech has come a ways the past few decades.

Anyways, here's my Wartstein impression :D

GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

That impression is pretty spot on.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"