What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Anubisman

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Anubisman »

Salsa Delica Harpy
Salsa Delica Harpy
In my right pocket circa 1998 G-10 Harpy. In my left pocket circa 2002 a Blue combo edge Salsa. In my right cargo pocket circa 2015 Hap40 Delica.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Playing with different camera apps on my phone today. This is in horrible lighting with no changes to exposure or filters or anything like that. Trying to see how good it can take macros.

Bob2swpa

Post by Bob2swpa »

Good old Manix2
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Evil D wrote:Playing with different camera apps on my phone today. This is in horrible lighting with no changes to exposure or filters or anything like that. Trying to see how good it can take macros.

That looks pretty close for a phone and pretty good depth of field for low light. Do you have an add-on lens or just an app? Also I'm curious as to whether it's an iphone or android and which app. These phones are getting better and better.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DougC-3 wrote:
Evil D wrote:Playing with different camera apps on my phone today. This is in horrible lighting with no changes to exposure or filters or anything like that. Trying to see how good it can take macros.

That looks pretty close for a phone and pretty good depth of field for low light. Do you have an add-on lens or just an app? Also I'm curious as to whether it's an iphone or android and which app. These phones are getting better and better.

Nope, no add ons. The phone is a Galaxy Note 4, camera app is called DSLR Camera. It does have a bunch of your typical camera adjustments (just as a DSLR does) but a few of them aren't supported by my aging phone. For some dumb reason Samsung didn't include a macro setting on the stock camera on this phone, despite my old S4 having an excellent macro mode. So, I spent a good while today buying various camera apps to try them out and so far this one is both the most basic (I don't need photo editing and 300 filters) and yet the most "camera feature" packed. Basically it behaves as a camera should.

The focus is FAR better than the stock camera, which was another issue I was having. The stock camera never seemed to find unless the lighting was very good, even though you'd see the image in and out of focus, it just never caught it. This app not only nailed focus in poor lighting, it also has a few different focusing options and the constant autofocus is really responsive. It was well worth it $3 or whatever I paid for it.

Now, there is another app out right now called Manual Camera I believe, which is supposed to be the bee's knees if you like photography and making manual adjustments, but it isn't compatible with the version of Android I'm stuck with until T-Mobile decide to give me 5.1.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Cricket and LB
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

The first of the current horde of S110V Spyderco's:

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Love the polished edge in the first picture Evil.

As for me today I have some 440V Full SE Military goodness. Working it hard out doing some Army field training, no shelf queen here.

On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
ScottG

Post by ScottG »

Always have a either Manbug or Ladybug attached to my keys. In this case the ZDP-189 Manbug
Last edited by ScottG on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Today, I'm totin' my new nishi Cricket and new Sage 3 CF.
Evil D wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:

Nope, no add ons. The phone is a Galaxy Note 4, camera app is called DSLR Camera. It does have a bunch of your typical camera adjustments (just as a DSLR does) but a few of them aren't supported by my aging phone. For some dumb reason Samsung didn't include a macro setting on the stock camera on this phone, despite my old S4 having an excellent macro mode. So, I spent a good while today buying various camera apps to try them out and so far this one is both the most basic (I don't need photo editing and 300 filters) and yet the most "camera feature" packed. Basically it behaves as a camera should.

The focus is FAR better than the stock camera, which was another issue I was having. The stock camera never seemed to find unless the lighting was very good, even though you'd see the image in and out of focus, it just never caught it. This app not only nailed focus in poor lighting, it also has a few different focusing options and the constant autofocus is really responsive. It was well worth it $3 or whatever I paid for it.

Now, there is another app out right now called Manual Camera I believe, which is supposed to be the bee's knees if you like photography and making manual adjustments, but it isn't compatible with the version of Android I'm stuck with until T-Mobile decide to give me 5.1.
Thanks for all the info about the apps. It looks like you've found a really good one. I'd like to try it and the Mnaual Camera app, if they have iPhone versions. I try to use my NIikon when I can, but phones are a great backup and I never can get around to going through all the thousands of phone apps available. I wonder if your app has a little "HDR" built in to help with exposure over the whole frame. Otherwise, I think it might have washed out the blade more tryng to lighten up the background.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DougC-3 wrote:Today, I'm totin' my new nishi Cricket and new Sage 3 CF.
Evil D wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:

Thanks for all the info about the apps. It looks like you've found a really good one. I'd like to try it and the Mnaual Camera app, if they have iPhone versions. I try to use my NIikon when I can, but phones are a great backup and I never can get around to going through all the thousands of phone apps available. I wonder if your app has a little "HDR" built in to help with exposure over the whole frame. Otherwise, I think it might have washed out the blade more tryng to lighten up the background.
Yep, you called it. I totally missed that but it does indeed have an HDR setting and looks like it is turned on so that explains a lot.
NiallRiv

Post by NiallRiv »

Maiden Pocket Voyage for this one. Loving it!
hom76

Post by hom76 »

SG89

Post by SG89 »

hom76 wrote:Image
Nice DF scales and nice blade swap on the LB :spyder:
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

- best wishes, Jazz.
hom76

Post by hom76 »

hom76 wrote:Image
Thanks and I really love these little guys!
jpcwon

Post by jpcwon »

orange.jpg
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?