Why so many trolls?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Large Marge

Why so many trolls?

Post by Large Marge »

Why are there so many trolls on here, and can anyone list out the worst of the trolls and anything about them? Just tell me about them so I don't associate with them...thanks
endgame

Post by endgame »

I'm new to all this what is a troll?
Large Marge

Post by Large Marge »

Appearently somebody who likes to mess with people???
mattman

Post by mattman »

Large Marge wrote:Why are there so many trolls on here, and can anyone list out the worst of the trolls and anything about them? Just tell me about them so I don't associate with them...thanks
Blue.
No... green!
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

The Spyderco forum has always seemed to me not to be the kind of forum where we make troll lists. That can get subjective and is a bit too close to rolling in the mud. Something we strive to avoid. It's generally best to leave that kind of thing to the forum administrators/mods. They are pretty good, though usually work quietly. I'd honestly feel bad if they had to jump into a post due to my actions and I'd guess a lot of the regulars here feel pretty similar. Care for yourself, let the mods do the rest. :)

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Large Marge wrote:Why are there so many trolls on here, and can anyone list out the worst of the trolls and anything about them? Just tell me about them so I don't associate with them...thanks
Large Marge wrote:Appearently somebody who likes to mess with people???
Joe is giving you the benefit of the doubt...might be better to read a while before you stir this pot.
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

The only trolling I've seen recently was from someone calling themselves Large Marge ....

Gordon
Large Marge

Post by Large Marge »

gaj999 wrote:The only trolling I've seen recently was from someone calling themselves Large Marge ....

Gordon

Are you serious?
Donut

Post by Donut »

I laughed when I read this thread.

Here is my recap. Someone with the name "Large Marge" who had at most 4 posts when the thread was created and joined the forum this month is asking why there are so many trolls. Every bit of it sounds troll-ish. Wasn't "Large Marge" a troll character in a movie?

If you are serious, here are some things that I think cause it. I think it has to do with people believing the wrong side of the media and that only bad people carry knives. There are people out there that pretend to be things they are not. The whole zombie and tactical trends seem to dig at people to be more troll-ish as well.

Every forum I have ever seen has had trolls and I don't think this forum has a higher percentage of them, but the people here seem to get taken by them easier. When a troll starts a thread about why something sucks, you get all sorts of people who are normally very rational... get bothered and answer with their feelings and not with reason.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Large Marge wrote:Are you serious?
Yes. Your OP is more inflammatory than anything I've read here lately. This is a nice place compared to most on the internet. Let's keep it that way. Asking people to point fingers in public isn't contributing anything positive.

Gordon
KBR

Post by KBR »

Donut wrote:I laughed when I read this thread.

Here is my recap. Someone with the name "Large Marge" who had at most 4 posts when the thread was created and joined the forum this month is asking why there are so many trolls. Every bit of it sounds troll-ish. Wasn't "Large Marge" a troll character in a movie?

If you are serious, here are some things that I think cause it. I think it has to do with people believing the wrong side of the media and that only bad people carry knives. There are people out there that pretend to be things they are not. The whole zombie and tactical trends seem to dig at people to be more troll-ish as well.

Every forum I have ever seen has had trolls and I don't think this forum has a higher percentage of them, but the people here seem to get taken by them easier. When a troll starts a thread about why something sucks, you get all sorts of people who are normally very rational... get bothered and answer with their feelings and not with reason.
Same reaction here.....somebody is looking for some attention. :rolleyes:
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Ah...is a pattern emerging?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I've never read a more rediculous opening post for a thread. No more from me.

Jack

PS
Sorry, I forgot. Welcome to the forum.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Donut wrote:Wasn't "Large Marge" a troll character in a movie?
Not sure if there's a Large Marge troll character from another film, but I do remember there being a Large Marge that is an undead truck driver from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com