I look like a bum.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GMArthur

I look like a bum.

Post by GMArthur »

Well at least when I go to work. I wrench on machines for a living and we are required to wear either hair nets or hats because we make some products for beverage and pharmaceutical companies. I have a few hats I rotate through - Cleveland Indians, Strider, and a Spyderco hat.

When getting ready to leave for work the other day my wife said to me - "Really? How old is that hat anyway? "

So I go to the Website and all they have is some Fidel Castro style hat that is sold out. Are there any plans for a plain Spyderco Hat like I already have? My wife is right I'm overdue for a new hat, but I'd like to get another Spydie hat. I think I bought my old hat on clearance in 07 or 08.

Thanks,
Greg

Post by IG-88 »

+1

I would be great if Spyderco would bring such a cap back in the goodies store :) I would like to have a Spyderco cap like this one.
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Add me to the list of those who wish they'd bring back the baseball cap, as mine's getting a bit ratty too. Would really like to see it in the original black plus a couple new colors, light denim blue and tan.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I do not wear hats, but really would like to see a "sprint run" of T-shirt "All animals". That was the best.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
GMArthur

Post by GMArthur »

No thanks. No sprint runs. I don't want to buy my hat on eBay for triple what it would cost direct from Spyderco. I just would like a new hat.

Post by SpyderNut »

+1000

I would LOVE to see Spyderco introduce a new baseball-style hat! Count me in! :)

P.S. Loved the line about the "Fidel Castro style hat." Good stuff, Greg. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

I would like a cap with an UnderArmour / Nike material (the mesh-type that wicks away heat). This Texan sun is no joke.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Sal sent me a Military Style ( Fidel) cap...it alternates with my Serrata cap when I walk to work...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Gotta love all that AIB Certified crap huh? I worked at a place that required hair nets...and I had to wear one even though I shave my head to the skin...I had to work everyday with a baby butt smooth head with a hair net on it. SO stupid. At the same time me and most of the guys there had beards that they didn't care one bit about. More hair fell off my arms than off my head but I had to wear a hair net. :rolleyes:
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Evil D wrote:Gotta love all that AIB Certified crap huh? I worked at a place that required hair nets...and I had to wear one even though I shave my head to the skin...I had to work everyday with a baby butt smooth head with a hair net on it. SO stupid. At the same time me and most of the guys there had beards that they didn't care one bit about. More hair fell off my arms than off my head but I had to wear a hair net. :rolleyes:
The mental image in my head scares me a tad...
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

I would love to see this happen!
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
mattman

Post by mattman »

a nice, modern hat, sandwich bill, "semi-fitted", quality... in true Spyderco fashion... (not the cheap hats some companies use as "promotional material"... I don't mind in the least paying the extra for a good hat.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

mattman wrote:a nice, modern hat, sandwich bill, "semi-fitted", quality... in true Spyderco fashion... (not the cheap hats some companies use as "promotional material"... I don't mind in the least paying the extra for a good hat.
Agreed. I will not wear cheap hats regardless of whom has their name on it. I will pay more for modern with a flex-fit or semi-fitted band. I have no problem paying $25-$30 for a hat that I will actually wear.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

xceptnl wrote:Agreed. I will not wear cheap hats regardless of whom has their name on it. I will pay more for modern with a flex-fit or semi-fitted band. I have no problem paying $25-$30 for a hat that I will actually wear.
Right on. I picked up a lightweight Patagonia cap at Dick's Sporting Goods a while back for about $17 on sale. Talk about a comfy hat! Quality stuff is also likely to last a bit longer too.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
BAL

Post by BAL »

Ok now, everybody at the same time and in unison,let's start out softly
and keep getting louder and louder until it can be heard in Golden, Colorado.

hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat
hat hat hat hat hat hat hat
Hat Hat Hat Hat Hat Hat
Hat Hat Hat Hat Hat
HAT HAT HAT HAT
HAT HAT HAT
HAT HAT
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'll add my voice to the chorus. I'd like to buy a new Spyderco baseball-style cap (or four). The "dri fit" material would be great - it is a lot more comfortable in the hot weather than cotton...

TedP
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Evil D wrote:Gotta love all that AIB Certified crap huh? I worked at a place that required hair nets...and I had to wear one even though I shave my head to the skin...I had to work everyday with a baby butt smooth head with a hair net on it. SO stupid. At the same time me and most of the guys there had beards that they didn't care one bit about. More hair fell off my arms than off my head but I had to wear a hair net. :rolleyes:
I spent a summer in college working a temp job at a pharmaceutical manufacturer packaging drugs for shipment to pharmacies. At that job, we had to wear hair nets and beard masks for those who had beards. We also has to wear uniforms that consisted of pants and long sleeved shirts. The uniforms were not allowed to leave our facility. We also had to either bring in brand new dedicated shoes that would be sterilized and never leave the facility or we had to wear booties over our shoes. It was, understandably, a very strict place. I also shave my head to the skin every other day, but I didn't at the time I had this job. Not sure what the rule would have been if I had, but I'm guessing it wouldn't have changed anything.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

Velcro Spyderco patch and the hat of your choice?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

GMArthur wrote:Well at least when I go to work. I wrench on machines for a living and we are required to wear either hair nets or hats because we make some products for beverage and pharmaceutical companies. I have a few hats I rotate through - Cleveland Indians, Strider, and a Spyderco hat.

When getting ready to leave for work the other day my wife said to me - "Really? How old is that hat anyway? "

So I go to the Website and all they have is some Fidel Castro style hat that is sold out. Are there any plans for a plain Spyderco Hat like I already have? My wife is right I'm overdue for a new hat, but I'd like to get another Spydie hat. I think I bought my old hat on clearance in 07 or 08.

Thanks,
Greg
What are you kidding? That hat looks just broken in. :) If you get a brand new one would you wear it and stop wearing this one?

Jack
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

xceptnl wrote:Agreed. I will not wear cheap hats regardless of whom has their name on it. I will pay more for modern with a flex-fit or semi-fitted band. I have no problem paying $25-$30 for a hat that I will actually wear.
Totally agree. I would love to have a good quality Spyderco hat and I would gladly pay $30 for it. Make it similar to some of the New Era hats or authentic MLB hats and it would be great. A red one would be nice too. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford