I lost my knife....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dr. Balloon

I lost my knife....

Post by Dr. Balloon »

I had a bad experience with spyderco's warranty department, but decided to try them again. I bought a spyderco cat, and three days later I apparently lost it or it got stolen. Does spyderco's warranty cover this? If so how do I get a new knife? Is there a way for me to hold spyderco legally liable for this incident?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Testing, testing, 1,2,3,4. Please get a larger hook, one that supports a better barb, a sharper point..... and a better bait. :p
Dr. Balloon

Post by Dr. Balloon »

I don't know what you are insinuating, but I did not lose it fishing if that is what you mean. I believe I was at the BMV.
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

just to be sure, if YOU loose YOUR knife, or get it stolen, WHY should jump spyderco in, and get you a new knife? :)

(troll feeding off)
aogami super blue dragonfly!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Roflmao!
Kihlo7

Post by Kihlo7 »

This is a joke right? Interwebz is hard to tell sometimes...never mind tis troll
Holland

Post by Holland »

hahahahaha this just made my day (had an extremely horrible day....)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I meant to say have a wonderful day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CaptainTim

Post by CaptainTim »

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. This wasn't it." - Groucho Marx
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

This is a joke right?! Thanks for the laugh! :D
BAL

Post by BAL »

Once I bought a hamburger at a new little hamburger stand and it was the worst tasting
thing that I have ever taken a bite out of. I had already bought it, so I went ahead
and ate the whole nasty foul skunky thing. I was so mad that I went to the counter
and made them give me another one.
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

LOL! Oh my god. I hope this was a joke. This is classic. But yeah, seriously, call Spyderco and tell them the story. If you throw in a really dramatic story and some tears they may send you a catalog of the newest production models from spyderco so that you can choose a new one to purchase. What is the BMV anyways? I know what a DMV is... and I know what a BMW is. But BMV? No clue.

In all seriousness though, if you lost your knife, or it was stolen, spyderco warranty does not cover that and no one's warranty would. Unless you took out an insurance policy on the knife, you have to cut your losses (no pun intended) and buy a new one. At least the Cat is not an expensive knife. I'd be really upset if I lost a paramilitary or something like that. Best of luck to you!

Rob
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
BAL

Post by BAL »

Dr. Balloon wrote:I had a bad experience with spyderco's warranty department, but decided to try them again. I bought a spyderco cat, and three days later I apparently lost it or it got stolen. Does spyderco's warranty cover this? If so how do I get a new knife? Is there a way for me to hold spyderco legally liable for this incident?
Like I said in another thread, enjoy your short time here, the end is near.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Why? :confused: :confused: I hope he will stick around.
The guy has great sense of humor. This is hilarious. BTW, the plow guy completely destroyed my driveway last winter. And I am curious if warranty on my new para will cover repair on my driveway?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

bh49 wrote:Why? :confused: :confused: I hope he will stick around.
The guy has great sense of humor. This is hilarious. BTW, the plow guy completely destroyed my driveway last winter. And I am curious if warranty on my new para will cover repair on my driveway?
Agreeed!
BAL

Post by BAL »

Hey, I love silly little comedy stuff more than most. I can definitely be accused of offering
silly comments in the middle of a serious thread on countless occasions. However, in this
case I left my comedy hat in the truck and was wearing my soothsayer derby. Maybe it
needs to be re-calibrated.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I am selling spyderco insureance right now for whoever wants it.$1000 a month.loss prevention. I don't think he was joking. Maybe his pocket clip failed and he thinks they might be liable.or he is just inhaling nitrous oxide out of his dr. balloons and thinks lifetime warrenty means if he dies with a spyderco knife on him they owe his family $10000000000000000000000000000000000000.jackpot.I really hope he is joking and I am adding to the joke not insulting him I would feel bad.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Agreeed!
Chuck,
Do you also think that my driveway repair should be covered by Spyderco warranty on new para2? :) Probably I will by few more to cove roof and septic tank
endgame wrote: I don't think he was joking.
read his other posts, like on sharpening for example.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

I know what a DMV is... and I know what a BMW is. But BMV? No clue.
i know what a beamer is, but what is DMV?
and btw my spydies cut a lot off things, is the replacement of these items also covered? :D
aogami super blue dragonfly!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

In some states it's BMV, Beureau of Motor Vehicles.

Back on topic, I have a car with some serious hail damage. Is that covered?
:bug-red-white