Do you carry a knife just because you like knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
neocacher

Do you carry a knife just because you like knives?

Post by neocacher »

I was wondering how many of you carry a knife regularly but never use it? I carry often knowing I will unlikely use mine. Often I carry just because it makes me feel good! I love spyderco's!
Clip

Post by Clip »

I almost always find a use for my knife daily. Some days it's a task I couldn't do without (respooling a string trimmer, shaping wood or plastic, etc) and some days I'll just use it to make something easier or more fun, like slicing fruit or opening mail. I think I choose which knife to carry or buy because I LIKE knives, but I carry a knife out of necessity or to be prepared.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I have a really bad case of flapping pockets. I carry a knife in both front pockets to stop them from flapping. :D
endgame

Post by endgame »

I carry one in each front pocket and my chest pocket I carry a cricket.the ones in my front pockets barly get used.its funny my most used knives are the cricket revers s serrated blade and a small bird knife on my keychain.if there is a task they cant handle I go to the big folders in my pocket.very rarely do I have to do that.the serrated cricket blade is a ingenious design it cuts threw anything with ease and stays sharp for a long time.reverse s blade is cardboard and plastic ties worst enemy..I want to find a reverse s serrated meerkat I would pay top $ or trade anything for one of them. Just cant find one.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I don't use mine all that often; certainly not enough to 'justify' carrying one every day, but it is nice to have one on you when you need it. I suppose it's primarily a habit, a habit born from a love of knives. Or on the other hand, maybe it's a habit born from experience; experiences where there were occasions I needed one and didn't have one.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I like carrying knives, and enjoy choosing what to carry for the day. A knife can be an extremely important tool to have in certain situations, and you never know when it might be needed. But yes, I just enjoy knives and would carry one even if I knew I wouldn't need it.
:bug-red-white
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am using my knives every day. There always something to cut: open mail, boxes, lunch. Most likely I carry a little more knives than I really need
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

My Tasman is an extension of my arm. I use this knife 150+ times a day. If I don't have a edc knife on me I feel empty lost like a part of me is dead.
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
BAL

Post by BAL »

I can't remember the last day that went by that I didn't use a knife at some point in time
during the day.
ourgon

Post by ourgon »

neocacher wrote:I was wondering how many of you carry a knife regularly but never use it? I carry often knowing I will unlikely use mine. Often I carry just because it makes me feel good! I love spyderco's!
I carry knife because I like it and just in case. I use knife mostly to make breakfast, dinner for myself etc.
grg

Post by grg »

I use my knife multiple times everyday.I would be lost without my paramilitary.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

When I'm leaving the house I carry a knife for the same reason I carry my wallet and have been doing so for about as long. I don't always need either, but neither weighs much and, if I do need one or the other, I hate to borrow.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Partly because I like them, partly out of tradition, partly out of necessity, partly out of habit. More than anything though, because it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Barman

Post by Barman »

My affinity to knives is precisely the reason I'm lurking around here. :rolleyes: But I've always carried a blade. Even way back in the day when carrying was allowed in public school. Ahh the good old days... (I even brought a .308 in for show and tell once for a demo on how to sight in a scoped rifle. But that's another story)
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

No and No.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I carry mostly out of habit -- I've gotten in the habit of having an extremely useful and sometimes essential tool in my pocket at all times.

TedP
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I carry regularly, but I often forget too. When I do carry, I often forget I have it with me. When I remember I'm carrying, I often use it...that's when it all comes together :D
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

As Evil said, better to have it and not need it than the other way around. I have always been of the metality that to be self sufficient, you must be prepared.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

I was wondering how many of you carry a knife regularly but never use it? I carry often knowing I will unlikely use mine. Often I carry just because it makes me feel good! I love spyderco's!
i carry knifes on a regular basis for almost 11 years now and the days i didn't have one on me can be counted on two hands (air travels excluded)
and use ALL of my knives i own some more some less! not because of value more out of preference!
there are various tasks every day i need a good blade for!
without my knife i feel kind of naked and the motion of clipping one into my pocket is so automated i sometimes don't even remember when i put it in there!
aogami super blue dragonfly!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Whenever I legally can as I always end up having a use for it.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!