para2 cf

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

There's one born every minute...
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

I thought people paying $300+ for the KW exclusive were crazy. That takes the cake.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

How much better is it over the 20CP para?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:How much better is it over the 20CP para?
I don't really think it is. Maybe if you like CF handles that much. I think 99% of users wouldn't know 20CP from S90V.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
sechip

Post by sechip »

an el patrone in s90v went the other day at gpknives for 575.00 brand spankin new![i'm pissed i missed that one!]
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:I don't really think it is. Maybe if you like CF handles that much. I think 99% of users wouldn't know 20CP from S90V.
Maybe I should cuscadi my grey para. :D

But no, I don't even like paying a premium for scale material. :)
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

FCM415 wrote:This should prompt Spyderco to make more CF Para's ASAP to get in on the cashflow. There's obviously demand for it..................................................... :)
I don't know....some part of me thinks Spyderco intentionally will not re-release a popular knife just to protect collector value. I stopped looking for the elusive CF/S90V when prices broke $400. I know it's a great knife but Spyderco always seems to have something better coming down the line.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Maybe I can get a fluted carbon para2 in S110V and trade it for a Ferrari or a house.
Sir Ringo

Post by Sir Ringo »

Too much for sure but for some that is pocket change :rolleyes:
Orange Dodo, Jason Breeden Rescue, PM 2 Digi Cam & all black, Delica 4 FRN Green & Purple, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 Moonglow, Sage 1
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Prospero wrote:I don't know....some part of me thinks Spyderco intentionally will not re-release a popular knife just to protect collector value. I stopped looking for the elusive CF/S90V when prices broke $400. I know it's a great knife but Spyderco always seems to have something better coming down the line.
I dunno...I don't really think Spyderco concerns themselves with collector value. They make and sell knives and people do what they wish with them. I don't see sprint runs as catering to collectors, but rather offering exotic materials to be tried out and used, and collectors naturally gravitate to them because of the low production numbers. If anything, I could see them bringing out another Para sprint similar but with enough change to differentiate it from the previous run, like different handle materials/colors/etc. There's always the chance that any vendor could commission another run of the exact same knife and Spyderco would make it for them, just like the S90V Yojimbo 2 and XL are coming out as a vender exclusive.

Personally, I would be tickled to death if they brought this exact knife out as a standard production run. It's a great knife and makes a far better user than a safe queen.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:I dunno...I don't really think Spyderco concerns themselves with collector value. They make and sell knives and people do what they wish with them. I don't see sprint runs as catering to collectors, but rather offering exotic materials to be tried out and used, and collectors naturally gravitate to them because of the low production numbers. If anything, I could see them bringing out another Para sprint similar but with enough change to differentiate it from the previous run, like different handle materials/colors/etc. There's always the chance that any vendor could commission another run of the exact same knife and Spyderco would make it for them, just like the S90V Yojimbo 2 and XL are coming out as a vender exclusive.

Personally, I would be tickled to death if they brought this exact knife out as a standard production run. It's a great knife and makes a far better user than a safe queen.
I think they do David. There was an unholy brouhaha back when the orange millie was bumped to limited production from sprint.

But yeh, I do think the "threat" of additional runs will dampen speculation on sprints.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

Evil D wrote: Personally, I would be tickled to death if they brought this exact knife out as a standard production run. It's a great knife and makes a far better user than a safe queen.
Amen to that! CF is awesome for user knives - light, strong, grippy, gorgeous :D

I like the idea of making a CF Para 2 a standard production piece, perhaps with a different steel to differentiate it from the sprint run.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:Amen to that! CF is awesome for user knives - light, strong, grippy, gorgeous :D

I like the idea of making a CF Para 2 a standard production piece, perhaps with a different steel to differentiate it from the sprint run.
If it's just CF scales you want, you can get any para and order some CF scales for it. It's the steel that attracts me to the S90V para, and to paraphrase David, if it came with hot pink scales with hearts machined on them, I'd still be on it like slime on a snail.
v8r

Post by v8r »

dang. I wonder how many new spydies I could buy with that kind of money........
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
endgame

Post by endgame »

I bought those exact scales and have them on a dlc black blade with the same pocket clip.$599 anyone lol I will put them on. 30 35 or sv90 blade for that price.the. exact scales are sold by"carbin-fiber" on ebay for $140 and the pocket clip $20.add Fha to $130 for the knife and you have the exact knife for less then half the price.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I'm going to try to post a pic.I can take my smutty blue handles off and add the carbon fiber scales.looks so much cooler with the black blade it was used also
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

endgame wrote:I bought those exact scales and have them on a dlc black blade with the same pocket clip.$599 anyone lol I will put them on. 30 35 or sv90 blade for that price.the. exact scales are sold by"carbin-fiber" on ebay for $140 and the pocket clip $20.add Fha to $130 for the knife and you have the exact knife for less then half the price.
Huh?
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

Holland wrote:thats crazy!
+1
Now my hopes are gone...
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:If it's just CF scales you want, you can get any para and order some CF scales for it.
I'm not into the replacement scale thing - I want my knives configured exactly like I want them, stock :D
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:I'm not into the replacement scale thing - I want my knives configured exactly like I want them, stock :D
Hehe, well each to his own. I don't usually like to pay a premium just for scale material. Steel, OTOH...