Ordered a pacific salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bmoe

Ordered a pacific salt

Post by bmoe »

Picked up a pacific salt. I've been carrying a tenacious at work and a Byrd cara cara 2 G10. Then tenacious is nice but i love how thin and light the older Endura style knives are. The Byrd is nice but just not the same as a Spyderco. Did some research and the Salt line seems like what I am looking for, Endura style with no liners and pretty bomb proof. Thinking of getting a Salt 1 for when I fish the bays also. Can't stop buying these things :D
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Good choice. I had a Pacific Salt and liked it a lot. I traded it for something only because I didn't need H-1 and someone else had somtthing I wanted and he did need or want an H-1 knife that size. Anyway, it's a great knife and I know you will enjoy it.

Jack
bmoe

Post by bmoe »

jackknifeh wrote:Good choice. I had a Pacific Salt and liked it a lot. I traded it for something only because I didn't need H-1 and someone else had somtthing I wanted and he did need or want an H-1 knife that size. Anyway, it's a great knife and I know you will enjoy it.

Jack
Awesome thanks, should work out well.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Congrats! User well :)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

I just ordered 2 pacific salts. One SE and one PE (both in black). I carried a Endura for about a year and loved it. A little heavy at times (gym shorts/pants) everything else I liked. I gifted it to a friend that needed to know what a good knife really was. I think the pacific salt has more going for it than the Endura. No liners so lighter weight, barrel lug clip screw over the 3 screw design, and the 14mm hole vs 13mm. For an EDC knife, like like hollow ground over FFG. Finally, at this point, H1 and VG-10 are my 2 favorite steels. So I'm hoping the pacific salt for the win.
bmoe

Post by bmoe »

.357 mag wrote:I just ordered 2 pacific salts. One SE and one PE (both in black). I carried a Endura for about a year and loved it. A little heavy at times (gym shorts/pants) everything else I liked. I gifted it to a friend that needed to know what a good knife really was. I think the pacific salt has more going for it than the Endura. No liners so lighter weight, barrel lug clip screw over the 3 screw design, and the 14mm hole vs 13mm. For an EDC knife, like like hollow ground over FFG. Finally, at this point, H1 and VG-10 are my 2 favorite steels. So I'm hoping the pacific salt for the win.
I agree with you, I am having a hard time not getting one in black and a Salt 1.
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

Excellent choice bmoe and .357 mag! I've carried a Pacific Salt since 2006 and it's been a great knife.
bmoe

Post by bmoe »

Got my pacific on Tuesday. It is everything I expected/wanted. Quality build, lightweight and a great blade. I forget its in my uniform pants until I need it, which is what I like with anything in my pockets. I liked it so much I got a Salt 1 and Delica4 with my Amazon prime and opted for the 1 day shipping. The Salt 1 is small and incredibly light with the same Spyderco quality as the Pacific, I am going to lanyard it for when I fish in the saltwater bays here in San Diego. My Delica arrives today, another happy customer.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I just got a $50 Amazon gift card with some credit card bonus points... I might have to turn that into a Salt 1 when it arrives. :)
bmoe

Post by bmoe »

Fresh Eddie Fresh wrote:I just got a $50 Amazon gift card with some credit card bonus points... I might have to turn that into a Salt 1 when it arrives. :)
It is an awesome knife. It is quite small though, if thats what your looking for.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

bmoe wrote:It is an awesome knife. It is quite small though, if thats what your looking for.
I was thinking of killing two birds with one stone, since I have an Endura, but no Delica, and I always wanted an H1 SE. :)
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

I love my Pacific Salt. Good choice. I don't plan on ever selling mine.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

I also just got a Pacific Salt and I like the weight a lot. I mainly got it for beach carry, it's sooo light that I don't even feel it in my swim shorts. I even had to tie it to my shorts just so I don't loose it when I go out on a swim, otherwise I'll go crazy checking for it every 5 minutes.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Mine came in yesterday.

endgame

Post by endgame »

I have dragon fly h-1 se used fishing for the past two weeks no rust still sharp got submerged allot in the brine also no ill effects.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

.357 mag wrote:Mine came in yesterday.
As I was scrolling down the page, I had to do a quick double-take at that pic, for a brief second I thought it was some kind of Spyderco Dyad.

Nice Salts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Jay_Ev wrote:As I was scrolling down the page, I had to do a quick double-take at that pic, for a brief second I thought it was some kind of Spyderco Dyad.

Nice Salts.
:) that was the idea!
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I love the Pacific Salt. One of the best knives ever created.

BadFish

Post by BadFish »

I too love the salt series. I feel lost without a Tasman. My ex carries her dfly2 salt religiously.
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
endgame

Post by endgame »

Badfish how is the catcherman I wanted to get one?