Spyderco Mid-Year Suppliment is out!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JudasD

Spyderco Mid-Year Suppliment is out!

Post by JudasD »

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/request.php

Only thing new that i havent seen before is the Terzuola "Double Bevel". Looks interesting!

JD
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Yea I'm surprised at that one. The stats list it under 3.5" too. Pretty cool :) .

I'm smitten with those Superblue sprints.
Invective

Post by Invective »

JudasD wrote:https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/request.php

Only thing new that i havent seen before is the Terzuola "Double Bevel". Looks interesting!

JD
Same here JD, I only just heard about it on BF but I thought the person was talking about the Nilakka folder with the micro-bevel. I kinda like how the double bevel folder looks, and the Domino has started growing on me as well. This looks like a bad time to be my wallet
phaust

Post by phaust »

Most excited I've been looking through a new catalog in a couple years, despite that it's the shorter mid-year supplement! Hungarian, Domino, Double Bevel, Khalsa sprint...need more money
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

Thanks for reminding me of a bunch more stuff on my want list :P

I definitely NEED the Domino, and I could see strong arguments to want the Nishijin Cricket and Spin and maybe the Orange Dragonfly...
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Karahawk is number one on my priority list. But the blue Lava is right up there too. I was very surprised to see the double bevel, pleasantly surprised! It's nice to see even in this day and age some things can be kept a secret. Ill get one as long as it doesn't have the same issues as the Starmate.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Just noticed the double bevel has the hourglass clip instead of the triangle clip like on the Starmate. Bummer.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

The Domino sounded promising but the blade is just too small. The black Szabo looks cool, and has an upgraded self closing mechanism. I love the Szabo, it would be my ideal EDC, but i hate the self closing mechanism witch makes it very hard to open. Maybe they can retrofit the new enhanced self closing mechanism on the old model? Probably not.
I don't like the fact that spyderco brings out new models who turn out to need improvements (like the szabo or the Ti Military) to fix problems like difficult opening or lock wear a short time after their release.
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
tap78

Post by tap78 »

hmmm..... there is no Military with Cruware steel?
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

all I want is the Orange dragonfly and the Karahawk.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Clip

Post by Clip »

Can't wait for those Super Blue sprints. I'm going to have to get pre-need replacements for the pre-need replacements! Also, Ackerman's Serrata looks like a very, very nice fixed blade.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

I like a 3" blade. The Domino is on my list.
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

The Spyderco 2013 catalog was very boring to me. I actually got a little bummed. However, this Mid-Year supplement has got me excited and removed any depression that i felt from the primary catalog! LOL

JD
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I didn't see an option to request the mid year supplement at the link above. I previously ordered and received the standard 2013 catalog. Do I need to resubmit my request or will the supplement come out automatically?
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

I wonder why the Super Blue Stretch isn't listed on this supplement.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

captnvegtble wrote:I wonder why the Super Blue Stretch isn't listed on this supplement.
It's probably coming in 2014 along with the Dfly2 and Ladybug.
divB0

Post by divB0 »

Does Spyderco ever release things that aren't in the catalog that year? I'm just very excited about the clipitools...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Looking forward to the Hungarian folder, the Lava sprint, and Khalsa sprint. Luckily for my wallet, I have enough Super Blue already.
:bug-red-white
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

All of the new models looking interesting, but my must haves are the Domino and the orange D'Fly
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Can't wait for the superblue, hope the Stretch comes at a time when I have some extra $$$.

The Domino looks great, I think it'll be a slam dunk if they can keep price reasonable. Not super excited by the double bevel, I think that'll be a collector's piece for most. The Karahawk looks a lot better to me than when it was first shown at Amsterdam, I think carrying the Matriarch 2 regularly has changed my perspective on emerson openers (love them).
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.