Spyderco Mid-Year Suppliment is out!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I'm hoping I have the money when the new Dyad comes out. Two blades and G-10 scales are gonna be a bit pricy I imagine.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I wonder if the Double Bevel will come in CE? :D
:bug-red-white
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

That double bevel looks really interesting. But with all of these sprints I can barely afford the regular production models. Oh well.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

I'm looking forward to the Domino and a Super Blue Delica.

What happened to the Battle Station?
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

BigBill5953 wrote:I'm looking forward to the Domino and a Super Blue Delica.

What happened to the Battle Station?
It's probably not being released until 2014 since that was a mid-year supplement.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Wicked the Terzuola folder with the 2 grinds I discussed with Sal on the Amsterdam meet is going to come this year!! Sal told this prototype was over 10 years old :) Loving it!!
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm still really excited about the Domino...less about the flipper, more about the fact that it looks a lot like a FFG Manix 2. I'm kinda bummed out that the Szabo already has a DLC version, when I've been begging for the Yojimbo 2 to get DLC. I would think that the popularity of the Yo 2 would be enough to warrant it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I'm excited for the lava. I'm a little bummed because I thought the super blue stretch was coming out sooner.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

divB0 wrote:Does Spyderco ever release things that aren't in the catalog that year? I'm just very excited about the clipitools...
Definitely yes. There are production/timing issues with catalogs - there's always additional knives popping up. :)
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

IG-88 wrote:Wicked the Terzuola folder with the 2 grinds I discussed with Sal on the Amsterdam meet is going to come this year!! Sal told this prototype was over 10 years old :) Loving it!!
It definitely looks like it! :p
Evil D wrote:I'm still really excited about the Domino...less about the flipper, more about the fact that it looks a lot like a FFG Manix 2. I'm kinda bummed out that the Szabo already has a DLC version, when I've been begging for the Yojimbo 2 to get DLC. I would think that the popularity of the Yo 2 would be enough to warrant it.
A DLC Yo2 makes a lot of sense. I like the Domino for the same reason. I hope the flipper doesn't require a wrist flick to open like the newish Benchmade one does for me.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

+1 on the "where's the Cruwear Millie?" I have sat on this stash long enough that I will probably grab something at the brick and mortar if the no Cruwear is confirmed.
jlomein

Post by jlomein »

Has Spyderco released a knife with Super Blue "sandwiched between layers of stainless steel" like these Enduras and Delicas will? Was the SB Mule Team composed that way?

I don't know much about SB but heard the SB Mule stains easily and inevitably, and am curious if the Delica will react the same way.

Really excited for new Nishijin!!! I wonder how the blue tint will turn out...really want the Spin.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

no, all previous SB has been pure stock...kinda bummed the D4/E4 are not although ATS 34 ain't the worst bread to get sandwiched with. Far better than the Caly 3.5 ZDP sandwich steel IMO
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

The mid-year thing is going to get me again I think. If I recall the first Chaparral came out in one of the mid-year catalogs and I ended up with one of those. :) Not complaining, celebrating. :D Now I have the titanium handle Chaparral and here is another one that I want. :) AND I need another CF model.

They've really got some unique models in this brochure. Definately something for everyone I'd think. Wonder how much money I can get on a new mortgage? :eek:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

twinboysdad wrote:+1 on the "where's the Cruwear Millie?" I have sat on this stash long enough that I will probably grab something at the brick and mortar if the no Cruwear is confirmed.
The fact that it's not in this supplement doesn't say anything about its status. :spyder:
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Anyone have problems downloading this file? I did. I get a message that it may not be displayed properly. It's there but strange looking (Adobe Reader). I saved a copy of it and it won't open at all. Anyone else with this problem? I may need to reinstall Adobe.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

At first I was really disappointed with the size if the Domino (too small) but after comparing it to the Manix2, the blade is 6mm shorter but with 1mm more of edge length. I can deal with that. It's still on top of my list. I was originally thinking it was a USA model but Tiawan is probably a smart choice for all the expensive materials involved.

Any word on the MSRP?
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The Double Bevel looks interesting...but yeah they had better improve their game. That last Terzuola was not near up to par. If it is not top notch...\I sure wont be buying it.

Though I do love that handle...simple, not all ergonomic and messed up. Just a good knife handle.
On the hunt for...
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

Knifecenter has prices up for most of these for pre-order. Domino is definitely more than I was hoping for, but at least not as expensive as the Southard...
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Scottie3000 wrote:At first I was really disappointed with the size if the Domino (too small) but after comparing it to the Manix2, the blade is 6mm shorter but with 1mm more of edge length. I can deal with that. It's still on top of my list. I was originally thinking it was a USA model but Tiawan is probably a smart choice for all the expensive materials involved.

Any word on the MSRP?
Yeah, with a 3" blade the Domino seems more Sage sized. It's like a Sage 1 and Sage 2 had a lovechild with a flipper.

I would guess by the materials and country of origin that the price will be in the same ballpark as the Sage 2 and Techno. Around $150-$180 street price, but that's just a guess.