New Blue Mannix2 LWT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mineralman55

New Blue Mannix2 LWT

Post by mineralman55 »

I finally received my translucent blue Mannix2 last week, and what a great knife. Feel in the hand is great, the volcano grips just plain work, the edge is razor sharp, the wire clip easily slides in and out of the pocket and the lightweight makes it disappear for EDC. The lock up is every bit as solid as any Cold Steel Triad lock I have (I've got lots, and really like them). No wiggle or movement of the blade, the jimping is excellent. Geez, even the "snick" sound when the blade closes is cool :D . I'm going to have to get a few more of these.

Spyderco hit a grand slam with this knife.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome to the forums. Just curious, do you have any other Spyderco knives. I ask
because I wondered if you like because of the model or more because this is your
first Spyderco knife.
mineralman55

Post by mineralman55 »

I have a Delica 4 with the saber grind. Great light duty knife. Also have an Endura on the way. Just another addiction to cope with. Tragic really. :rolleyes:
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

mineralman55 wrote:Just another addiction to cope with. Tragic really. :rolleyes:
Welcome to the forum. We're all enablers here, the disease doesn't seem so bad when you see everyone else also feeding their addiction :) .

Just so happens I'm carrying my Blue Manix2 LWT also today (along with a few others :) ).
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
BAL

Post by BAL »

mineralman55 wrote:I have a Delica 4 with the saber grind. Great light duty knife. Also have an Endura on the way. Just another addiction to cope with. Tragic really. :rolleyes:
This is not a great place to be if you are trying to work thru a knife addiction.
Anytime that you feel like you might have enough knives for a while, someone
posts a pic or a new one comes out. Definately tragic.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Here are some pics I took yesterday. Maybe someone will be inspired by them. :D

:bug-red-white
endgame

Post by endgame »

This just makes the addiction worse.lol.the manix 2 is my all time favorite.sal hit a Homer with all the styles of it just got the all black Xl its like a sword man I am just in love
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

I love my Manix 2. I have the exact same knife and every time I use it I am impressed by the steel. It is the only knife I have (and am even aware of) that uses BD1 steel. But let me tell you from experience that knife will hold an edge and if you're careful with it, if it starts getting dull, it will sharpen right up with just a strop. You dont even need to touch it to the sharp maker (or your sharpener of choice). Great knife, super light weight, great balance, great look, great steel! My only beef is the pin construction, but I have used mine a lot and I have not noticed any blade play or durability issues! Great purchase!
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
mineralman55

Post by mineralman55 »

I had plans last week to visit the Spyderco factory in Golden. I had all kinds of plans, meet Sal, smooze a bit, buy some blades, maybe another Manix, etc. HA! I was east bound on the I-70 from the western slope and an accident in Glenwood Canyon closed down the entire interstate for hours. I had to take a 9 hour excursion around northern Colorado to get to the DIA airport. ****. It's going to be years before I can get back there. :( I'll just have to buy by mail now.
Holland

Post by Holland »

welcome to the forums! congrats on the purchase!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
mrphotoman

Post by mrphotoman »

Love it!
Rippervet

Post by Rippervet »

I thought about making that one my next purchase as well but I already have an older Manix XL model. I like the new one you got because it's different and light to carry around all day and I just love the fatness of the Manix blade. Some have commented on the fact that the pinned frame of the handle being a bad thing because you can not make adjustments if you want to but I disagree after owning several Endura and Rescue models with pinned handle frames I never had to make any adjustments in the first place and if I did the folks at Spyderco are excellent and will take mail ins and adjust them for you.
BAL

Post by BAL »

mineralman55 wrote:I had plans last week to visit the Spyderco factory in Golden. I had all kinds of plans, meet Sal, smooze a bit, buy some blades, maybe another Manix, etc. HA! I was east bound on the I-70 from the western slope and an accident in Glenwood Canyon closed down the entire interstate for hours. I had to take a 9 hour excursion around northern Colorado to get to the DIA airport. ****. It's going to be years before I can get back there. :( I'll just have to buy by mail now.
That's too bad, but hey it probably saved you some money. It is hard to see the knives in person
and not walk away with more than you thought that you would. Sal is hard to catch there sometimes
too. He's a busy man.
jlomein

Post by jlomein »

I've thought about adding a deeper wire clip to mine, one with a fold over for a low ride in the pocket. Anyone know which wire clip would be best to order? Only fold over wire clip example I have is the Spyderco Cat.
mineralman55

Post by mineralman55 »

The wire pocket clip is an excellent design. Regular clips even on my Delica, as well as my CS knives, tend to scratch my car door when trying to slip in when in a tight parking space. The wire clip doesn't do that. Just another plus for this design.
Lobo.joe

Post by Lobo.joe »

Deep wire clip is the sheet. Wish more had those.
Lobo.joe

:spyder: Manix 2, native, native 5, dragonfly g10, sage 2, sage 4, delica, endura, caly 3 Damascus, caly 3.5, nearly all para 2, CF military, techno, superleaf, tenacious