*Edited* Inappropriate Thread - Not for Spyderco Forums

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rangodash

*Edited* Inappropriate Thread - Not for Spyderco Forums

Post by Rangodash »

This guy tried to sell me a cheap China knife with a hole in the blade on eBay. He tried to pass it off as a spyderco delica. This guy is a snake, just warning anyone who communicates with him
(Libertarian)(.357)(CPM M4)
TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight »

I beg to differ
Large Marge

Post by Large Marge »

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I'm pretty sure this guy tried to sell me something similar. On ebay, he convinced me he was a Spyderco worker and had a cool sprint run to sell me. It turned out to be a crappy gerber knife and a picture of a spyderco endura. I can vouch not to trust this guy.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

TheDarkKnight wrote:I beg to differ
Differing won't do. Prove that you're not what they say you are.
GTPowers

Post by GTPowers »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Differing won't do. Prove that you're not what they say you are.
Amen.
TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Differing won't do. Prove that you're not what they say you are.
You have no life. You've posted 6749 posts, meaning roughly 7.5 posts a day. I don't have to prove anything, get a life.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I really don't think attacks on another forum member are really going to benefit you any.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
mattman

Post by mattman »

xceptnl wrote:I really don't think attacks on another forum member are really going to benefit you any.
other than perpetuate the perception of his character...
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

You have no life. You've posted 6749 posts, meaning roughly 7.5 posts a day. I don't have to prove anything, get a life.
You were off to a bad start before your first post. Getting into it with Chuck sure isn't going to help you.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
setldown

Post by setldown »

Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
Kihlo7

Post by Kihlo7 »

Did he really just say that? Thanks for the heads up.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

TheDarkKnight wrote:I beg to differ
Large Marge wrote:Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I'm pretty sure this guy tried to sell me something similar. On ebay, he convinced me he was a Spyderco worker and had a cool sprint run to sell me. It turned out to be a crappy gerber knife and a picture of a spyderco endura. I can vouch not to trust this guy.
TheDarkKnight wrote:You have no life. You've posted 6749 posts, meaning roughly 7.5 posts a day. I don't have to prove anything, get a life.
Is something going on with you two? This and Large Marge's other thread don't necessarily engender a lot of confidence.
Large Marge

Post by Large Marge »

JNewell wrote:Is something going on with you two? This and Large Marge's other thread don't necessarily engender a lot of confidence.

Going on with us? I don't know who he is personally , I know what he sold me on eBay though
Donut

Post by Donut »

Rangodash wrote:This guy tried to sell me a cheap China knife with a hole in the blade on eBay. He tried to pass it off as a spyderco delica. This guy is a snake, just warning anyone who communicates with him
I'm not really hip on ebay, so maybe I have something to learn here.

How exactly does someone push you into a purchase on ebay?

How do you know it wasn't a Delica?

How do you know it was made in China?

Do you have pictures of the knife he tried to sell you?

Thanks ahead of time.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Large Marge wrote:Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I'm pretty sure this guy tried to sell me something similar. On ebay, he convinced me he was a Spyderco worker and had a cool sprint run to sell me. It turned out to be a crappy gerber knife and a picture of a spyderco endura. I can vouch not to trust this guy.
He tried to sell you something, and you ended up with a gerber?
Large Marge wrote:Going on with us? I don't know who he is personally , I know what he sold me on eBay though
Can you take a picture of the knife you're talking about?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
KBR

Post by KBR »

Large Marge wrote:Going on with us? I don't know who he is personally , I know what he sold me on eBay though
Hmm....
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I sense a strong disturbance in the Force.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

There is a "Spyderco-Like" knock offs Replicas and Fakes section on this forum not to mention ebay has a dispute resolution process, maybe that is a better place to hash out this type of an issue.
setldown

Post by setldown »

DRKBC wrote:There is a "Spyderco-Like" knock offs Replicas and Fakes section on this forum not to mention ebay has a dispute resolution process, maybe that is a better place to hash out this type of an issue.
+1
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Donut wrote:I'm not really hip on ebay, so maybe I have something to learn here.

How exactly does someone push you into a purchase on ebay?

How do you know it wasn't a Delica?

How do you know it was made in China?

Do you have pictures of the knife he tried to sell you?

Thanks ahead of time.
Donut wrote:He tried to sell you something, and you ended up with a gerber?

Can you take a picture of the knife you're talking about?
Good points. It would be nice to see a case made. :)