just odered my black on black manix 2 xl

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

just odered my black on black manix 2 xl

Post by endgame »

Just ordered it wanted to wait till black on black came out I'm so happy cant wait to get it.my post man Bates me now
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

From where?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

I pre ordered mine from hkw. got shipping info today
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I'm gonna get me an XL one of these days. Maybe I am unconsciously waiting for Q3 @ KW...
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Infinite Zero

Post by Infinite Zero »

Picked up mine today. My satin Manix XL is the full-liner version, so I am enjoying the weight difference!
BAL

Post by BAL »

Congrats endgame, now the looooooooooooooooong wait.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I got mine from kc they havem in stock
endgame

Post by endgame »

That's the one infinite zero
endgame

Post by endgame »

Liguid cobra just pm you
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

I miss my DLC PM2, I might have to pick one of these bad boys up.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

What a beast of a knife. Enjoy and congrats on a fine piece.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Just got mine from CS yesterday.... 'tis sweet!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Very nice knife. I really like the all black. It would have been nice if they would have made the Para 2 the same way.

Thanks for the pic, Infinite Zero :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I ordered one (b/b) last night to arrive in one week. Glad to see the screw heads are also black.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Bb? Sorry, still kinda new.
I'm still waiting for wonders and warriors (lol) to get them in.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Bb? Sorry, still kinda new.
I'm still waiting for wonders and warriors (lol) to get them in.
If you mean my "b/b," I just meant black handle/black blade. I'm a total noob at this forum and haven't figured out yet if people are using initials for dealer names to save time or because it's frowned upon to refer to other dealers by full names. At any rate I ordered mine from the outfit that has them on both eBay and at Amazon for US$125.95 (free shipping to US at least) and whose initials are OC :) They are running low on them. They had 6 or 7 before I bought mine and are claiming only 4 at both places now.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Kc has mine comes on tuesday
phlatphrog

Post by phlatphrog »

I ordered a manix 2 xl today. I gave up and ordered a satin blade because I could not find any sellers of the black blade. I thought everybody was out of stock. It turns out my problem was I was using the model designation "C95GBBK2" which I got off of http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=814 . But all the sellers have it listed with "C95GPBBK2". Since I figured out what I was doing wrong, I went ahead and ordered a black blade one and sent an email on my first order requesting order cancellation. (Hope they do that before shipping it. Worst case, I just send it back.)

Back to the model # thing. Am I missing something or is there a right one and wrong one, and why do the retailers use the one that does not match what spyderco.com has? Did spyderco just mess up and list the wrong one on their own web page?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

phlatphrog wrote:I ordered a manix 2 xl today. I gave up and ordered a satin blade because I could not find any sellers of the black blade. I thought everybody was out of stock. It turns out my problem was I was using the model designation "C95GBBK2" which I got off of http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=814 . But all the sellers have it listed with "C95GPBBK2". Since I figured out what I was doing wrong, I went ahead and ordered a black blade one and sent an email on my first order requesting order cancellation. (Hope they do that before shipping it. Worst case, I just send it back.)

Back to the model # thing. Am I missing something or is there a right one and wrong one, and why do the retailers use the one that does not match what spyderco.com has? Did spyderco just mess up and list the wrong one on their own web page?
Great that you figured out the problem and were able to order one, because dealers do seem to be selling out. The dealer I ordered mine from just has one left now.

I have run into the model number problem you mentioned, while searching and commenting on Amazon, etc. I usually just search by description now. I think P means plain edge and knives with PS are part serrated. I think S-only means fully serrated, or "Spyderedge." Anyway, this is the way it seems to me at dealer sites. At the Spyderco site, they seem to leave these edge designations out of their numbers at least some of the time (I haven't done a thorough search about it) and just describe the edge types in little drop down menus under the knife pictures, for people selecting and buying from spyderco.com.

Congrats on your purchase. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will pay attention to your email... or maybe a follow up phone call would help ;)
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

Beautiful looking knife.... Just too much knife for me as I would be reluctant to carry a blade that large.