Recent Issues on the Forum...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx Kristi.

sal
NinjaRyder0920

Post by NinjaRyder0920 »

Well put Kristi.
xavierdoc

Post by xavierdoc »

Phew! I've been away from the forum for a few months or so (new job, house move etc) and came back to all... This?

Glad to see some wounds healing- this is a good place.
UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

Things were getting ugly between some people and then I knew about the forum knife, so I think nothing happened that can't be easily fixed... I've known much worse.

Thank you Kristi and all the people making this place that special.
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

Kristi,
Thank you for the time that you have put in here over the years.I have learned and have been educated by some really nice folks on this forum.I never have made a mountain out of a mole hill or taken anything personal whenever I have had spare time to post here..I try to be a good person and think and act in a repsonsible and mature manor.I am grateful to be able to access this forum and truly cherish the Spyderco knives I own. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and steering this forum in a positive and enjoyable direction.
Best regards,
salmonkiller
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

TazKristi wrote:We, all of us at Spyderco, appreciate ALL of you more than you know. We spend a great deal of time involving ourselves in this and other forums for a reason. We listen to you, each and every one of you. You wouldn't believe some of things we've heard, but we still listen. This isn't just about a business or just about knives. This is about people. This place is about people. We do this because we genuinely care. Believe me, I wouldn't spend the time it's taken to write this if I didn't care.

Kristi
Very well said, Kristi. Thank you for taking the time to write this.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Thanks for the post Kristi. I hope the forum gets back to normal quickly, as I miss the positive vibe that is normally here.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Thank You! I very much appreciate the tone and professionalism of this forum, and that Spyderco is a people company with a tremendous passion for their work. Where else do you feel like your input is listened to and considered. Where else do you get to talk to the OWNER?? I have met Sal at Blade, and Gail at Spyderco, she talked to me for an hour plus, and gave me the full tour. Real people who deserve our respect because they respect us as the customer. All of this must be why I own 228 Spyderco knives, including the Bob Lum Burgandy Tanto I bought from Jim Howe this evening. My Son is getting started and owns 24. (19 years old)

I appreciate that no foul language is tolerated, and you can get any question answered in amazing detail. We have a SPECIAL forum thanks to Spyderco and Kristi, we all have to do our part.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

CXXX wrote:Thank You! I very much appreciate the tone and professionalism of this forum, and that Spyderco is a people company with a tremendous passion for their work. Where else do you feel like your input is listened to and considered. Where else do you get to talk to the OWNER?? I have met Sal at Blade, and Gail at Spyderco, she talked to me for an hour plus, and gave me the full tour. Real people who deserve our respect bevause they respect us as the customer. All of this must be why I own 228 Spyderco knives, including the Bob Lum Burgandy Tanto I bought from Jim Howe this evening. My Son is getting started and owns 24. (19 years old)

I appreciate that no foul language is tolerated, and you can get any question answered in amazing detail. We have a SPECIAL forum thanks to Spyderco and Kristi, we all have to do our part.
Sorry to go OT, but 228 knives? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Must be a record for a Spyderco collector...Well done! :)
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Stuart Ackerman wrote:Sorry to go OT, but 228 knives? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Must be a record for a Spyderco collector...Well done! :)
If i could have a delica for the shipping cost of all the knives ive bought, id have a few delicas :

also i think doc had 420 :p
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Doesn't deacon have around 700?
BAL

Post by BAL »

Tony is in the same ballpark.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

BAL wrote:Tony is in the same ballpark.
One great reason to hang out here. Surround yourself with folks who make it look like you don't have a "problem". ;)

Ken
玉鋼
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

kbuzbee wrote:One great reason to hang out here. Surround yourself with folks who make it look like you don't have a "problem". ;)

Ken
That's it!. Now I feel much more relieved... :)
BAL

Post by BAL »

Yeah, when the wife says
"how many knives do you have", you can say "not near as many as Deacon, Doc or Tony.
Them guys have a SERIOUS problem. I don't get it."

Then when she walks away shaking her head at you like she always does. you can mumble
to yourself, "wish I had that many, those lucky ....., I wish I had their problem"
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

One great reason to hang out here. Surround yourself with folks who make it look like you don't have a "problem".
Absolutely. Where else can we go and have people not think we are nuts when we talk about having so many knives, or need to find out something specific about a knife. We are left, right, old and young and we still find the things we have in common and talk about it nicely.....most of the time anyway. I like that personally.

The acceptance here is only based on forum conduct, the respect you give others and the willingness to communicate rather than dictate to or control the direction of the conversation.

The easiest way to get along here is for me to remember that I am a guest and act accordingly. It's really that simple.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

BAL wrote:Yeah, when the wife says
"how many knives do you have", you can say "not near as many as Deacon, Doc or Tony.
Them guys have a SERIOUS problem. I don't get it."

Then when she walks away shaking her head at you like she always does. you can mumble
to yourself, "wish I had that many, those lucky ....., I wish I had their problem"
I get this from my wife. She knows I have sold off quite a few recently and she still makes a big deal because my Pelican case is still 60% filled. She asked me if I cried when I had to let some of them go. She just doesn't understand me like you guys do... :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Thanks Taz , I have not posted much for some time glad to hear some common sense , refreshing . Regards MG2
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Wow. Sounds like I made two good choices. Taking a vacation away from civilization, and choosing not to read the forum knife thread beyond the first couple of posts. Sometimes you just get lucky. It's so easy to get sucked into saying things you regret.

Gordon
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

I'm grateful to be part of this forum and for the positive vibes it has always been! I guess I'm lucky that after checking the forum knife and decided it's beyond me, I have yet to check it again, because I have been also into life changing events personally.

Still, it's nice to see things turning back. It's a rare thing nowadays to have a company that really care about customer, and the pride infused into the product, and the humility to admit mistakes. I wish Spyderco and all of the family (in broader term) happiness and contentment!