If you could say one thing to Spyderco.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buck Knives I Like

If you could say one thing to Spyderco.

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

What would you say?

I would say that I find your knives to be my favorite among any other manufacture so far and I appreciate the quality control that at least to me seems to be quite good. As well as the unique and eye pleasing designs.

I would also like to add that any red g10 handle knives in the future that you make I will instantly buy, have not seen much red around here.

If this thread deserves the sub forum off topic then so be it, I couldn't decide myself.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I would ask them to make an IQ test a requirement to join the forum to stop people like you from joining.
Buck Knives I Like

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I would ask them to make an IQ test a requirement to join the forum to stop people like you from joining.
Did you know that IQ tests actually have little to do with intelligence and more to do with how familiar you are with taking written exams?
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Personally, I would just tell Sal and Gail "Thank You."

In fact, if I get the chance at the Blade Show, I might just do that.

TedP
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I would ask them to make an IQ test a requirement to join the forum to stop people like you from joining.
LOL :D

I would say, "may I have a job?"
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Buck knives, stop trying so hard and are you really [enforcer]? I would bet a Resilience that you are.

I would tell Sal that if I were fortunate enough to own a company, I could only hope I would be genius enough to interact directly with my customer base by forums like he does. I still remember the first thread I started on USN that Sal answered and thinking of all the dog crap service I get from so many industries including my own and thinking that this guy is gold.

Just evidence the evolution of the FFG E4/D4 as well as the Emerson opener, coming from Sal interacting with customers who were regrinding and Dremel waving. Or the Superhawk. Sal, Eric, Kristi, and Janich are very in tune to what their customers will buy and that is why I have not bought a non Spydie in 3 years and gifted 4 to friends.
Buck Knives I Like

twinboysdad wrote:Buck knives, stop trying so hard and are you really [enforcer]? I would bet a Resilience that you are.

I would tell Sal that if I were fortunate enough to own a company, I could only hope I would be genius enough to interact directly with my customer base by forums like he does. I still remember the first thread I started on USN that Sal answered and thinking of all the dog crap service I get from so many industries including my own and thinking that this guy is gold.
Taz has confirmed I am who I am, check with her if you are concerned. A resilience? C mon man... Guess you aren't that sure. : ) I'll take the bet though, I put up my tenacious.

I'll message you where to send it in a bit.

Also I agree with the better half of your post.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

[ENFORCER] Redux
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

twinboysdad wrote:Buck knives, stop trying so hard and are you really [enforcer]?
I don't think that he is [enforcer] but he was probably raised by the same parents in the same way. He probably fell in some dark stairwell when he was an infant. And landed on his head. ;)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Chuck, you and I must be long lost brothers or something because I swear this is almost word for word what ran through my head when I read this thread title.

Seriously though, if I could say anything and have it really make an impact, it would probably be to have some input on some knife design/improvement/etc, sort of like having a colaboration with Sal and Eric.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:Chuck, you and I must be long lost brothers or something because I swear this is almost word for word what ran through my head when I read this thread title.

Seriously though, if I could say anything and have it really make an impact, it would probably be to have some input on some knife design/improvement/etc, sort of like having a colaboration with Sal and Eric.
I don't have any good ideas about input though. :D

I'd be honored to be your long lost brother. :)
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I got my chance to say it directly to Eric, Sal and Gail at the OKCA show in April and it was a simple "Thank you!". We went on to talk for a couple hours but the first thing out of my mouth was thank you.

Now if we could only convince Sal to post a picture of the amazing knife he was carrying at the show!!!
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

I've been in to knives for a long time. I've admired Sal and his family, as well as his Spyderco employees for a long time.
I'd just say "You all rock!" and "Thanks for what you have contributed to the knife community." and "Sal, you are one cool dude."
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Like many others, I'd say a simple thank you. The integrity shown by Sal and the rest of the crew is exceptional, and it shows in their products.
:bug-red-white
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

phillipsted wrote:Personally, I would just tell Sal and Gail "Thank You."

In fact, if I get the chance at the Blade Show, I might just do that.

TedP
I did that exact thing last year! Thanks to Sal and Crew
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I come here for spyderco information. I find these argumentative threads annoying and distracting. Both sides please stop.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I would like to thank Spyderco for their integrity :) Also for the breadth of materials they dare to explore and incorporate unto their lineup :) The sincerity of the company shines through :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
KBR

Post by KBR »

Evil D wrote:Chuck, you and I must be long lost brothers or something because I swear this is almost word for word what ran through my head when I read this thread title....
These two quotes are exactly what I thought, respectively, once I clicked on this thread....after I noticed who had posted it. :D

Staying on topic, I would simply say 'thank you' for producing such great knives. ;)
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Wanna do a collab?? :p
Buck Knives I Like

Liquid Cobra wrote:I come here for spyderco information. I find these argumentative threads annoying and distracting. Both sides please stop.
See, I told you guys in previous threads. These threads aren't just for me.