First Post/Just got a CTS-XHP Mule

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
MaxFactor

First Post/Just got a CTS-XHP Mule

Post by MaxFactor »

Ahoy!

Just thought I'd make my first post after quite a bit of lurking. I also just got a CTS-XHP Mule with scales and sheath in the mail last week. I'll post pics later.

At any rate, Spyderco has always been the first on my list for knife makers. My first decent knife was a Spyderco Ladybug, fully serrated. My parents gave it to me the day before I left for a week long canoe trip when I was 11. I haven't seen the thing in years but I'd be ecstatic if I could find it again.

Also, for as long as I can remember, my dad has carried an old style, full FRN, full serrated Rescue. He swears by it and probably wouldn't carry another knife even if I straight up gave it to him.

That being said, I knew exactly where to look when I was ready to purchase my first EDC knife. I decided on a Manix 2 Lightweight and never looked back. I'll just say it was a wonderful first experience which consequently led to my current full on addiction. I think I've spent close to $700 knives in the last two months. Jeez, I try not to think too much about what else I could have done with that money. Since then I've bought a ZDP-189 Dragonfly, which I use on a daily basis at work and carry at all times.

Recently I saw the 2013 Spyderco forum knife and instantly fell for it. Aside from looks, the CPM S110V, need I say more? However, I feel like I haven't been involved here enough to really deserve the forum knife so I thought I'd start with this and post more and more in the coming weeks.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Welcome to the Forum, Max! Great story - and don't worry about the "addiction" part... We are all afflicted with the same condition here! :)

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
setldown

Post by setldown »

Welcome to the forum, Max. Resistance is futile.

Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

phillipsted wrote:Welcome to the Forum, Max! Great story - and don't worry about the "addiction" part... We are all afflicted with the same condition here! :)

TedP
Yeh, and we're all enablers too. :D

Welcome to the forums!
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Welcome!

When I think about what I would do with $700 dollars, "Spend it all on knives!" is basically the first thing that pops into my head :D
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5