Knives We Would Like to See "UNVANISH"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Papa_K

Post by Papa_K »

The one I'm currently looking for:
Caly3 with VG-10 blade (plain edge) and black G-10 scales
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I think it's time for another Michael Walker model.
dialex

Post by dialex »

I would very much like a yellow FRN Calypso jr. with an H1 blade (even in saber grind if full flat isn't feasible).
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
JD Spydo

Rhino Horn Lil T: One of the Super Hidden Classics

Post by JD Spydo »

Blerv wrote:Lil Temp Rhino/Trailing point.

Just cause... :D

Blerv I got to give you a huge "HIGH FIVE" on that one :cool: The Rhino Horn Lil T was truly a Spyderco Ultra-Classic in every sense of the word. Now I did also like the leaf blade Lil T as well but there was something very special about that Rhino Horn Lil T that few Spyders could come up to in the category of "super unique">> not to mention it is/was a functional dream to use as well. It was built like a NYC skyscraper and was close to being completely indestructible.

The knife really showed me the ruggedness of 440V blade steel and I would love to see how it would hold up with either M-4 or S90V. The Rhino Horn Lil T is truly a hidden classic that few knife afficionados even know about>> actually very few Spyderco fans even know about it. It's almost as hidden as the original R model or the Titanium Herbst.

This is truly a huge candidate for a Sprint Run!! With a new blade steel of course. And make it available in Spyderedge as well.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Alnamvet68

Post by Alnamvet68 »

Time to unleash the new and improved Pro-Grip, modern FRN with SS clip, combo edge in VG-10, and a sprint run in micarta, fully lined, in whatever the latest and greatest steel is.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

dialex wrote:I would very much like a yellow FRN Calypso jr. with an H1 blade (even in saber grind if full flat isn't feasible).
YES! You hit the nail on the head with this one. I'd take two--one in PE and one in SE. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

jackknifeh wrote:I think it's time for another Michael Walker model.
Oh yeah!!!! I want this BAAAAAAAD!
On the hunt for...
dwong

Post by dwong »

Jester in micarta.
I see the atoms free and fine,That bubble like a sparkling wine; I see the songs Electrons sing,Jumping from ring to outer ring;
-Lister
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I liked the G10 (linerless) Police that came out several years ago.
Catarrh

Post by Catarrh »

Poliwog ~ C98, preferably in G-10 (possibly even orange G-10 that seems to so much the style lately).

Scorpius ~ C87, another great, overlooked design. I already have one of these--an early model with the superior "dolphin" handle. If they were ever to bring this back, the dolphin is key to its success.
d.2.the.p

Post by d.2.the.p »

jackknifeh wrote:I think it's time for another Michael Walker model.
I agree wholeheartedly, sir. The C22CF in particular. I've been on the lookout for one of these for what seems like forever. Occasionally they show up on the Bay, but usually go for way more than I'm willing to pay.
spyderman1970

Post by spyderman1970 »

Okay, now I'm really curious... I have a knife exactly like the Pro-Grip clip-it pictured, but mine has G-2 blade steel... What exactly do I have ? I've thought for the longest time that it was a Pro-Venator.....
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

spyderman1970 wrote:Okay, now I'm really curious... I have a knife exactly like the Pro-Grip clip-it pictured, but mine has G-2 blade steel... What exactly do I have ? I've thought for the longest time that it was a Pro-Venator.....
I have forgotten more about this than I care to admit, but if I recall correctly, G-2, also known as Gin-1(I think) was a commonly used steel in several of Spyderco's models, until the switchover to "better" steels in the late 90s. I believe it was primarily used on Seki made knives. I could be wrong about any or all of this though, so take it with a grain of salt.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
GSO

Post by GSO »

Firstly, I am very glad to see a Lava sprint flowing our way this year. :D

+1 old Kiwi. Actually, any of the models before 8Cr...14...MoVOMGWTFBBQ.. I give up.
Milkman

Post by Milkman »

I would really like to see the return of the Centofante IV.

I also wouldn't mind another Scorpius or Adventura, or even an ATR.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

yes on the Swick. I'd ask for an SE hawkbill version, but i'd take anything. My S2 is awesome.

ZDP Kris with wood or polished micarta scales.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

oh, and while I'm dreaming, H1 SE SuperHawk. Yes, *super*hawk ;) integral TI comp lock with maybe a lightly textured CF or textured TI on non-lock side ;)
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Caly3 G10/VG10.
Yesterday somehow I grab this knife, which I didn't use for at least a year and realized that this is not just a very good knife, but one of the greatest. I feel sorry for new Spydernuts, who cannot get it to try. Of cause there are Caly3.5 and even Caly3 in ZDP/CF. But with all my love Caly3.5 feels a little different and I really never cared about CF/ZDP189 Caly3. So sprint would be nice. Dark green scales will be fantastic.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

JD Spydo wrote:Blerv I got to give you a huge "HIGH FIVE" on that one :cool: The Rhino Horn Lil T was truly a Spyderco Ultra-Classic in every sense of the word. Now I did also like the leaf blade Lil T as well but there was something very special about that Rhino Horn Lil T that few Spyders could come up to in the category of "super unique">> not to mention it is/was a functional dream to use as well. It was built like a NYC skyscraper and was close to being completely indestructible.

The knife really showed me the ruggedness of 440V blade steel and I would love to see how it would hold up with either M-4 or S90V. The Rhino Horn Lil T is truly a hidden classic that few knife afficionados even know about>> actually very few Spyderco fans even know about it. It's almost as hidden as the original R model or the Titanium Herbst.

This is truly a huge candidate for a Sprint Run!! With a new blade steel of course. And make it available in Spyderedge as well.
Amen, amen, JD! I actually carry mine every now and again, and there is NO mistaking what you have in your hand! I LOVE that trailing point shape!

Sure, new steel choices would be awesome to see, but I never had an issue with the edge retention or cutting power.

As usual, you and I see eye to eye on the oldies!

While I am replying to this thread, allow me to request the rebirth of the WORKER with G-10 and a modern, High Performance Steel! I always love the shape of the classic Worker, opened or closed. The superb tip allows for precision cuts. Its the one that deserves a reissue,to be sure!

VWTattoo
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
adairjs

Post by adairjs »

I just started buying Spyderco's fairly recently, and with so many nice knives in the current catalog, it would be churlish to complain about having missed something. Still, the Calypso Jr with the burgundy FRN handles looks pretty cool in the pictures I've seen of it.

adairjs