Manix 2 XL Black Blade???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Why does the DLC option cost $30 on this model?
It's only about a $15 option on the Paramilitary series, and about $10-15 for the full size military.
avocadobbq

Post by avocadobbq »

Of course! I automatically thought black would be more threatening because you only ever see it on tactical knives. Silly me for thinking that people would be rational with their fears.
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

So they must have come and gone pretty quick. Any new ETA?
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

More important question to the people who bought them... where are the pics!?! :)
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

BTTT.

Apparently they are still scarce. Any new ETA?

And of course a request for pics.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I will probably be getting one of these, mostly just to get a Manix 2 in FFG/DLC, even if it has to be the XL version.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Fresh Eddie Fresh wrote:More important question to the people who bought them... where are the pics!?! :)

;)
Attachments
BM1e.JPG
BM4e.JPG
BM3e.JPG
BM2e.JPG
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Whoa.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

Just what I was looking for. That XL is a beast!
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

Just received mine.

Although thinner, it is exactly as long as my Large Manix 1 lockback.

Nice Blade.
Freman

Post by Freman »

Yes, the Manix 2 XL will be my next Spyderco (that or the ZDP Dragonfly). I don't know if I want black or silver blade though.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Any of you find it too large? It doesn't look as big as I thought it would in the photos. Love the FFG and the handle.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I personally find the XL version more comfortable to hold and use in hand versus the regular size Manix, with a blade that's on par in length with a Military but obviously quite a bit wider. However now with the Domino out, I like how the Manix style has evolved further... Domino XL anyone?

The XL Manix2 is identical in size to the original black and Foliage green sprint Manix (C95 series), which with their back locks I think I prefer over the the second generation Manix2 models with the CBBL locks. The Manix and Native lines are drifting further apart due to these sort of differences :( .
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Freman wrote:Yes, the Manix 2 XL will be my next Spyderco (that or the ZDP Dragonfly). I don't know if I want black or silver blade though.
Simple - you want one of each :) .
DRKBC wrote:Any of you find it too large? It doesn't look as big as I thought it would in the photos. Love the FFG and the handle.
Well, it's too large for your watch-pocket :) . Not a lot of room to access your keys if you put the knife in the same pocket - but since I'm driving a Prius most of the time, I never have to take my keys out of my pocket to use the car :) . I usually put it in my back pocket. It is hand-filling, but in a very comfortable way.

I love my Manix 2's, but the XL version is even better - and will be fantastic in a super-steel sprint run (there is supposed to be a CF/S90V Knife Works exclusive coming, sometime this decade :) ).

I find the XL version actually easier to unlock than the regular Manix 2, maybe just because I haven't had them as long to wear them in -- the Manix 2 the blade swings so freely I have to take care to not have my fingers in the way when unlocking. The XL, and particularly the DLC-coated black blade version, swings with just a touch more friction - in a good way - I can more easily release the lock but control the closing of the blade, if that makes sense.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Good info rodloos. I am tempted I have a Manix2 which I love but I love FFG more than Hollow grind and I love the Handle on the XL, Like an Emerson CQC15.
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

Anyone else experience this wavy like texture on the G10 under some lighting conditions? You can kind of see it in these pictures and a lot of my newer USA made Spydercos are coming like this... it really bothers me.

Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!