Torx Drivers for Spydercos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

shunsui wrote:I bought of set of these Wiha things on line. They weren't all that expensive.
Just ordered that set on Amazon! You're right! Not expensive at all
If I need smaller than t6, t3 and t4 are available individually as well
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I Purchased the individual sizes I need in the Wera line they were about $10 each, fairly expensive but well made.

http://www-us.wera.de/catalog_us.html?L ... s_300.html
appliancejunk

Post by appliancejunk »

shunsui wrote:I bought of set of these Wiha things on line. They weren't all that expensive.
What model Spyderco is this knife?

Thanks,
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Para 2.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Looks like a ParaMilitary 2 Carbon Fiber.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

jwh wrote:Based on this thread and threads on other forums over the years I finally took the plunge. I just ordered the Wihia 79242 10 piece Torx set along with a Wiha 28103 1/4 Bit Holder (stubby). All just under $30.oo shipped from the big A store.
Me too (after getting Eddie-fied by this thread :) ), except that I'm going to use a holder I already have. I did some close checking and measurements on three different cheap sets I'd accumulated from Lowe's. Some had tapered tips, some straight, some tight in screws, some loose, etc. I was leaning toward the Husky kit but thought, what the heck, Wiha seems to be the gold standard, and, for $17.97 from "A" (Prime, with free 2-day shipping) I would get a few more sizes and a short extension in the kit. The ones with individual handles are probably a little nicer to work with, but, being a tool freak, I need to save space and go with the more compact set.
jwh

Post by jwh »

I just received the Wiha 79242 10 piece Torx set along with a Wiha 28103 1/4 Bit Holder (stubby) that was ordered a few days ago. I was so impressed with the quality after using a few of the bits that I ordered the Wiha 79246 Bit Selector with Hex Inch Bits which has sizes for most of my scope/ring needs as well as other brand knives possibly. I'm now guessing I should order the metric set for a yet to arise need. LOL
Thanks,
jwh :spyder:

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
UK Penknife FRN / Native 5 / Leafstorm / Urban Wharncliffe
/ Stretch FRN / ManBug G10
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]