A larger sized grasshopper?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zed4130

A larger sized grasshopper?

Post by zed4130 »

I'm a uk member so locking is a issue as is blade length, i've got a lady bug tattoo and a dragonfly,but carry the grasshopper daily,i like the size of this little knife as reminds me of spydercos police model, i know there is the ukpk and might get one or possibly trade my ladybug,but i would love too see a larger grasshopper, what's everyone's thoughts,

Regards
Paul
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

What about the SS Kiwi in 8cr13mov?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

They showed pics of the Clipitools in Amsterdam. I think those have a 2.5" blade and tool. Besides that the Pingo and UKPK are just under 3". Any of those interesting?
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

I don't like the look of the kiwi :rolleyes: but just checked out the cliptool and really like the idea of scissors as seems more of a handy tool ,hmm wonder when it will be available plus being Chinese made hopefully price will be reasonable, thanks,I just love the grasshopper and like it's mini police looks in a slipjoint design,
Donut

Post by Donut »

The current FRN UKPK is a pretty amazing knife and has a nice price. You might want to look at picking one of those up.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

Thanks Brian, the ukpk is on my list,I guess I just like the styling of the police model so like the grasshopper but would like one a bit bigger and more able to open it one handed,thanks everyone for your help,hopefully sal will go ahead with the clipitool, :)
zed4130

Post by zed4130 »

I've just discovered the squek seems just what I need here in the UK :)